Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Can voice therapy help me when the only sound I can produce is falsetto? After c

Started by nongcandy8558, July 23, 2017, 02:39:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nongcandy8558

After the cta surgery, my voice are all in falsetto, sounds not natural
Would voice therapy able to help me since the surgery won't allow your voice to drop
So I was wondering how can therapy train your voice to have resonance,timber,etc when all I can produce is falsetto
I'm 9 days post op
  •  

Cindy

It is my understanding that healing from cta may take a number of weeks if not months. I strongly suggest you communicate with your surgeon about the outcome and what to do.
  •  

kwala

Quote from: nongcandy8558 on July 23, 2017, 02:39:28 AM
After the cta surgery, my voice are all in falsetto, sounds not natural
Would voice therapy able to help me since the surgery won't allow your voice to drop
So I was wondering how can therapy train your voice to have resonance,timber,etc when all I can produce is falsetto
I'm 9 days post op
Had you done any research on a CTA before undergoing the procedure? The cricothyroid muscle is engaged when using the false vocal folds which creates falsetto and this surgery basically puts it on an "always on" stage so your voice is always going to have a certain "falsetto-ness" to it.  I'm sure there are therapy exercises to help shape your sound but keep in mind that your falsetto muscles are always going to be in use from now on.

That being said, 9 days out is in no way an indication of where your voice will settle so the best thing you can do now is take it easy and give it time.
  •