Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Oh pooh! eBay at its best lol

Started by Valkyrie_2, July 22, 2017, 04:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valkyrie_2

About 6 hours ago, somebody was banging on the door. As I never answer the door to unexpected visitors I was curious to see who it was. Since I can't easily see without being seen or without making it obvious, I looked on eBay for a remote wifi camera I can just put in my big vehicle (that I drive rarely) to monitor the front yard.

So, I found a nice wifi camera for about ten bucks from China. I ordered it. Then I got on with the rest of the day.

Just now I had an email from eBay saying that they had just removed the listing. I checked the listing and indeed it had gone and the seller is now not eBay registered user.

That's the first time I've had that happen. They say just to wait for the item and report it if it does not arrive. Given their account was deleted hours after I ordered I just think eBay might be being a tad unreasonable. I doubt it'll arrive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  •  

Devlyn

No, I got that once ordering um, medical supplies from Thailand. They arrived. I think it's when someone has a beef with ebay.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

sarah1972

You may want to contact eBay. I had once bought some equipment for one of my hobbies. Should have been 3 boxes at 25lbs each. Shipping notification said 1lbs. And what arrived? A box of packing materials and fabric sample.
eBay had in the meantime closed that account for fraud. Many people complained about the same issue, took all of 1 hours to get my money back.

•  

Valkyrie_2

Quote from: sarah1972 on July 22, 2017, 05:50:41 PM
You may want to contact eBay. I had once bought some equipment for one of my hobbies. Should have been 3 boxes at 25lbs each. Shipping notification said 1lbs. And what arrived? A box of packing materials and fabric sample.
eBay had in the meantime closed that account for fraud. Many people complained about the same issue, took all of 1 hours to get my money back.

eBay emailed me stating...
We're writing to let you know that we've removed an item you recently won:
<removed item number and description>

Since you've already paid for the item, you don't need to do anything else. If your item hasn't arrived yet, it should arrive soon. If it doesn't, then you'll want to open a case in our Resolution Center. You can learn how to do this, plus find timelines for opening cases, at:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/item-not-received.html

We wish you all the best on eBay and hope your future experiences are pleasant and successful. If you have questions, please click "Help & Contact" at the top of most eBay pages.

eBay still has lots of other great deals. Go to http://www.ebay.com to shop. We hope to see you soon.

Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.
[\quote]

As the listing on my purchase history says September 13 as the final date by which the item will arrive, I have quite a wait before I can legitimately claim a refund.

Estimated delivery Wed, Aug 09 - Wed, Sep 13
We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Center to help resolve any problems you may encounter.
This user is no longer registered on eBay.
Add note
[\quote]
And that, ladies, is why I normally don't buy from China. It takes too long for stuff to arrive. I missed the sellers location on this one though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  •