Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Facebook

Started by bridgermtns, July 30, 2017, 01:20:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bridgermtns

Hi everyone, I got so mad tonight after seeing this terrible thing on Facebook. It was a movie poster of saving Private Ryan but it had Caitlyn Jenner photoshopped as one of the soldiers and the name of the movie was changed to changing ryans privates. A childhood friend like and shared and my cousin comment was "don't think I'll be watching this". I became so mad, I just feel like I am clueless to the real world sometimes because when I see things like that I just get a serious harsh reality check and realize this is what I am up against, because I'm trans I get to come out into a world where many people are either disgusted, hate, or find it funny. Just wanted to vent.

P.s. thank you to all who have taken time to reply to my posts, I really appreciate it[emoji7]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

•  

Laurie

Hi bridgermtns,

I have long been disgusted with how some segments of our society  treat others. Unfortunately, that my friend, is the way it is and it will not change until there is a cultural change in those groups. The hate and ridicule is a learned thing and until they are taught differently those groups will continue to behave badly. Just ask the people of color and women who are still fighting their own fight for equal rights and decency.
  Yes, it is a scary world out there, but the reality of it is that it will not get any better unless we fight for change.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

bridgermtns

Thanks Laurie! You are so so right!

Hugs,
Mariah

•  

Raelynn

I just let stuff like that go and don't let it bother me. There is ALWAYS going to be a segment of people that don't like us. Can't fight them all and you can't let it get to you, if you do, you are going to drive yourself crazy and be very lonely. I have close friends that I disagree with on trans issues but we remain friends because neither of us let one issue define our friendship. As far as a reality check??? My mother cannot STAND transgender people and STILL refuses to accept that I am gay, let alone trans. She is constantly trying to set me up with her facebook friend's divorced 8 times, 12 kid having, trailer park queen daughters... My other siblings won't have anything to do with her and I was raised to take care of my elders, so I am. I still love her and that's not going to change because she doesn't agree with my life choices... It is what it is.
  •  

Devlyn

I'm sure my brother is sharing that as we speak. I'm not going to reestablish contact with him to find out.  >:-)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

bridgermtns

Quote from: Raelynn on July 31, 2017, 07:04:40 PM
I just let stuff like that go and don't let it bother me. There is ALWAYS going to be a segment of people that don't like us. Can't fight them all and you can't let it get to you, if you do, you are going to drive yourself crazy and be very lonely. I have close friends that I disagree with on trans issues but we remain friends because neither of us let one issue define our friendship. As far as a reality check??? My mother cannot STAND transgender people and STILL refuses to accept that I am gay, let alone trans. She is constantly trying to set me up with her facebook friend's divorced 8 times, 12 kid having, trailer park queen daughters... My other siblings won't have anything to do with her and I was raised to take care of my elders, so I am. I still love her and that's not going to change because she doesn't agree with my life choices... It is what it is.
Thanks Raelynn that is a different perspective [emoji848]

•  

bridgermtns

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on July 31, 2017, 07:13:05 PM
I'm sure my brother is sharing that as we speak. I'm not going to reestablish contact with him to find out.  >:-)

Hugs, Devlyn
Thanks Devlyn!

Hugs, Mariah

•