Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Experience with Dr. Monica Torres

Started by naomi62343, July 17, 2017, 08:14:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

naomi62343

Does anyone here has experience with Dr. Monica Torres?
  •  

naomi62343

I was wondering if anybody here has had experience with Dr. Monica Torres of gendercare?

Here's the websites: http://www.gendercare.com

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
  •  

Jenevievedubois

Miss,
   I have been thru all points of process (tests, evaluations, therapy,diagnosis,planning,etc) with Dr. Torres. She is a wonderful woman with great insight into the transgender mindset, and a truly great person.

Terribly responsive to your questions in the best of ways, her bio really says it all. She is transgender, knows the hardships, (wikieaks) and is one of the most supportive people I have ever met.

Given that she is in Brazil, she has that razor sharp insight one needs to recon with when becoming a woman. And her words to me (emails) helped me better understand what I was in for, and the road ahead.

It had made me miserable for so many years. Now, I look forward to the process and understand what I suppressed.

I am now are cleared for hormones, have a local therapist, etc. But Dr Torres was such a vital part of my awakening, and brought such value to the table, I couldnt imagine not keeping her abreast of my transition.

Its clear she knows hormones, charts, and medical matters intricately.She can probably administer and call dosages aiding better boobs and bottoms than most endocrinologists can do in person over many years.  I say this given her length of oversight and number of patients over the years. 

In closing, engage her with warmth and openness, be willing to her process, and in the end, you will get what you most wanted to understand / realize before starting your journey..

Her process lets you see inside yourself.

So  that you feel more confident in the journey.

This was my experience. I wish you the same.

Respectfully,

Jen

•  

naomi62343

Hi Jen,

Thank you very much for your response. I had good communication and experience with Dr Torris. She is very helpful. She always reply my emails and answer my questions immediately. I feel happy and lucky to have her assistance.

Happy transition
Naomi
  •  

Jacqueline

Quote from: Jenevievedubois on July 29, 2017, 07:58:21 AM
Miss,
   I have been thru all points of process (tests, evaluations, therapy,diagnosis,planning,etc) with Dr. Torres. She is a wonderful woman with great insight into the transgender mindset, and a truly great person.

Terribly responsive to your questions in the best of ways, her bio really says it all. She is transgender, knows the hardships, (wikieaks) and is one of the most supportive people I have ever met.

Given that she is in Brazil, she has that razor sharp insight one needs to recon with when becoming a woman. And her words to me (emails) helped me better understand what I was in for, and the road ahead.

It had made me miserable for so many years. Now, I look forward to the process and understand what I suppressed.

I am now are cleared for hormones, have a local therapist, etc. But Dr Torres was such a vital part of my awakening, and brought such value to the table, I couldnt imagine not keeping her abreast of my transition.

Its clear she knows hormones, charts, and medical matters intricately.She can probably administer and call dosages aiding better boobs and bottoms than most endocrinologists can do in person over many years.  I say this given her length of oversight and number of patients over the years. 

In closing, engage her with warmth and openness, be willing to her process, and in the end, you will get what you most wanted to understand / realize before starting your journey..

Her process lets you see inside yourself.

So  that you feel more confident in the journey.

This was my experience. I wish you the same.

Respectfully,

Jen

Hi Jen and welcome to the site.

Thanks for your detailed answer. I am sure it will be helpful not just for naomi but others who may be searching information on Dr. Torres.

If you have a the time, you could introduce yourself in our introductions category. That way, we can all get to know each other.

A Cautionary Note:
This is a public forum so please [remember when posting that The Internet Never Forgets, and the various web crawlers and archival sites out may retain information that you post.

We cannot ensure that any information you share on the site will be protected from public view and/or copying or reproduction. This warning is also listed in the Terms of Service listed below.

If you give out personal information on Susan's you are responsible for any consequence.

I also want to share some links with you. They include helpful information and the rules that govern the site. It is important for your enjoyment of the site to take a moment to go through them

Things that you should read

Once again, welcome to Susan's. Look around, ask questions and join in.

With warmth,

Jacqui
1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit & HRT StartJanuary 29, 2016
Jacqueline from Joanna July 18, 2017
Full Time June 1, 2018

•