Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

HRT observations

Started by Megan., July 28, 2017, 12:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowsister

Quote from: Megan. on December 30, 2017, 01:59:52 AM
Tnx hun,  interesting to hear, E injections are not something I'd considered, but I'll look into them. I'm fine with needles,  so I wouldn't mind doing it. X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

You're Welcome.

What Kenzie says in the post just below yours is very good advice, make sure you are really ahead of the game when it comes time to getting your estrogen. Even my endo offered me the same warning.

Here I may be fumbling the correct terminology so proceed with caution. Injectable estrogen comes in three concentrations, 10mg, 20mg, and 40mg. Those aren't doses, but concentrations. Trans women are often given the 40mg and that concentration especially is experiencing the shortage. You doc/pharmacy may just give you the 20mg concentration and just order you to inject twice as much as you would have with the 40. You should be okay getting it so long as you give yourself plenty of time to get it, and if you don't mind having to inject more.

Also for those out there having real hard time getting your injectable estrogen, perhaps look into "Compounding Pharmacies." They custom make/mix medicines for people and I have heard some women say they have had luck getting their estrogen via that route. 
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: Shadowsister on December 30, 2017, 12:20:18 PM
You're Welcome.

What Kenzie says in the post just below yours is very good advice, make sure you are really ahead of the game when it comes time to getting your estrogen. Even my endo offered me the same warning.

Here I may be fumbling the correct terminology so proceed with caution. Injectable estrogen comes in three concentrations, 10mg, 20mg, and 40mg. Those aren't doses, but concentrations. Trans women are often given the 40mg and that concentration especially is experiencing the shortage. You doc/pharmacy may just give you the 20mg concentration and just order you to inject twice as much as you would have with the 40. You should be okay getting it so long as you give yourself plenty of time to get it, and if you don't mind having to inject more.

Also for those out there having real hard time getting your injectable estrogen, perhaps look into "Compounding Pharmacies." They custom make/mix medicines for people and I have heard some women say they have had luck getting their estrogen via that route.
Tnx [emoji5].

I'll be sticking with oral for now. If that continues to cause liver issues,  my first stop will be patches,  as I've used those before happily. But some good advice,  ty. X

•  

Megan.

Wow! 2017, what a year! Not strictly about my HRT experience,  but still blog-worthy [emoji4].

Almost 40 years repressing,  denying and hiding myself from the world including me!

I started the year as Mike and finished it as Megan; as years go,  that's a biggy!

The love and bottomless support I've received from all those here has given me the strength and confidence to get through,  and even enjoy much of this process.

Thank you to all,  and I wish you all a great 2018! Xxx

•  

Jayne01

What a year indeed!

Happy New Year, Megan. Being from the future, I can tell you 2018 is feeling pretty darn good already. Looking forward to your arrival in a few hours.

Jayne
  •  

Kenzie4realz

1000%  agreed SO MUCH has happened in 2017!! ... Like you said megan....  Makes my head spin. Way to long waiting for the icing on the cake.... Life has just begun!!

[emoji259][emoji175][emoji259]
                                         Kenzie

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Megan. on December 31, 2017, 01:52:17 PM
Wow! 2017, what a year! Not strictly about my HRT experience,  but still blog-worthy [emoji4].

Almost 40 years repressing,  denying and hiding myself from the world including me!

I started the year as Mike and finished it as Megan; as years go,  that's a biggy!

The love and bottomless support I've received from all those here has given me the strength and confidence to get through,  and even enjoy much of this process.

Thank you to all,  and I wish you all a great 2018! Xxx

Happy new year, Megan! Yeah... wow, what a year. In this corner of the world, started as unhappy Steve, ended as joyful Stephanie.

With wishes for more joy for all of us in 2018,

Your sister,

- Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Kendra

Megan, a very happy new year!  And the same best wishes for everyone here. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Devlyn

Happy new year from one former Mike to another!  ;D

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Laurie

May this New Year bring you Joy Megan.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Bari Jo

Yes Megan, let this year bring only joy.  And maybe companionship:)

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

KathyLauren

Happy New Year, Megan.

We seem to be living parallel lives.  I, too, had a marvelous 2017, starting it as Keith and ending as Kathy.  May everyone be so lucky!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: Bari Jo on January 01, 2018, 06:07:45 PM
Yes Megan, let this year bring only joy.  And maybe companionship:)

Bari Jo
Wouldn't that be nice [emoji16]. X

•  

Megan.

Quick update: the picture below hopefully shows the hair regrowth I've had since starting HRT (7 months ago). The shorter 'tufty' stuff is, as far as I can tell, all new.

It's interesting that all the doctors involved with my care and publications I've read on the subject all say that HRT can stop further loss but not recovery. My experience and that of many others I've read here does seem to contradict this. As always YMMV!

•  

Mendi

I've been on hrt for 3 months and I've noticed few new hairs exactly on the same spot as you have. I'm also about the same age as you.

Interesting to see if more appears.
  •  

Devlyn

My hairdresser has commented on the "new" hair I'm growing. She calls it
my old boy hair,  and my new girl hair.  :)
  •  

KayXo

I am not a medical doctor, nor a scientist - opinions expressed by me on the subject of HRT are merely based on my own review of some of the scientific literature over the last decade or so, on anecdotal evidence from women in various discussion forums that I have come across, and my personal experience

On HRT since early 2004
Post-op since late 2005
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Megan. on January 23, 2018, 01:10:04 AM

It's interesting that all the doctors involved with my care and publications I've read on the subject all say that HRT can stop further loss but not recovery. My experience and that of many others I've read here does seem to contradict this. As always YMMV!]

The science is all fairly cutting edge so most practicing physicians don't really have any training in it, and even the ones with experience aren't really allowed to go off script. They just repeat stuff they learned 20 years ago or that shows up on the drug facts that was probably stuff from a study performed in 1973. Like the time frame for hrt in general is seemingly way off/way too conservative.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Bari Jo

Interesting results.  I'm pretty sure I have some regrowth as well, not as much though.

Welcome back too.  We missed you here:)

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

DawnOday

So wonderful you are finding yourself. I sympathize with all the cover up, lies, self doubt and depression.  And now you are on your way to who you have always been.   Here is an article about using castor oil for hair growth. I've been using it on my eyelashes and it works.  https://wellnessmama.com/35706/castor-oil-hair/  Hey what you go to lose?  >:-)   
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

stmoraza

Just started estrogen. The first thing I noticed is that fat began to accumulate in my knees.
  •