Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

HRT: weird sensations down below

Started by vicki_sixx, April 10, 2017, 03:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vicki_sixx

It's been 3.5 week since I started estradiol (no AA) and despite it being a very low dose  I have noticed a dull ache in my testes and a weird sensation in my penis, like there's movement of some kind on the inside of my glans.

Is this normal and what is actually happening? Especially regarding my penis, where the sensations range from a tickle to a little bit sharp.

<NO DOSAGES>
  •  

DawnOday

If you are like me you will find more of a connection as your breasts grow and your nipples gain sensitivity. I know some days my testes are about marble size and the next walnut. But now have pretty much remained marble sized maybe a little larger lately. Almost 8 months in, I assume hrt is doing it as I had no connection from my nipples to my penis until I started estradiol. Also your sipro is killing off your sexual desire. That's how it's been for me.

Dawn
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Chris8080

Yeah same here. I had zero nipple sensation before HRT, now I walk around cross eyed with a silly grin on my face. The connection between the nipples and down below is astonishing. Testes definitely shrank/shrinking but actually less pain in them now than before HRT but that's a mute point because in a couple more months they are gone, history, part of the past.
  •  

vicki_sixx

So I take it neither of you are experiencing the sensations I'm talking about in my penis and testicles?
  •  

Draculess

I did experience something like that very early on. I think it's probably normal, just your body acclimating to your new hormonal balance, but ask your doctor if keeps up a long while.
  •  

Hope springs

My testicles, yes. Penis , no. Im on AAs so i think that occasional dull ache is my testosterone producing orbs of evil getting a kick in the teeth from the spiro. Unless its painfull i wouldnt worry too much.
  •  

Chris8080

Vicki, just re-read your post and I guess I didn't answer your questions clearly. I think I would be a poor one to compare for the testicle part of your question, with me for the last few years my testicles had gotten more and more painful. They had gotten much larger, heavier and harder. I had been on HRT for 6 months several years ago and this is what finally drove me to a counselor, an MD, HRT and a Urologist. Couldn't take it anymore from something I had been desperate my entire life to be rid of. So I can't really answer this part of your question. On HRT they have reduced in size somewhat and are somewhat softer, the pain is reduced but still there so if part of that is due to the HRT I really can't say.

As for the penis sensations you mentioned, no not the same with me. A lot of sensation there directly from the nipples but more all over rather than the glans or under the glans. On the downside for me is that the nipples cause a great increase in the sensations, all sensations down there including the testicles and the only real thing I've felt from them in several years is pain.  :( Happily their days are numbered.  :)

So thinking about it I guess my situation is enough different than yours I'm not much help.
  •  

vicki_sixx

Thanks everyone, even you Chris as you have tried your best so it is appreciated. I notice my dose was deleted - I understand we can't ask for HRT advice but I assumed stating what you're on was okay.
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: vicki_sixx on April 14, 2017, 12:23:33 PM
THanks everyone, even you Chris as you have tried your best so it is appreciated. I notice my dose was deleted - I understand we can't ask for HRT advice but I assumed stating what you're on was okay.

Here's the wording:

8. The discussion of hormone replacement therapy(HRT) and it's medications are permitted, with the following limitations:
A. You may not advocate for or against a specific medication or combinations of medication for personal gain. This is strictly prohibited.
B. You may not discuss the means to acquire HRT medications without a prescription. The discussion of self medication without a doctor's supervision is prohibited.
C. The posting of recommended, or actual dosages, is strongly discouraged to prevent information obtained on this site from being used to self medicate.

We cannot in good conscience condone the self administering of these medications. Not only may self medication be illegal, but HRT medications can cause serious health problems, and many have the potential for life-threatening side effects that can only be detected and prevented with proper medical supervision.

Hope that clears it up.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

IdontEven

Hi Vicki. I've had the sensations you describe - both the sharpness and the dull aches. It comes and goes for a while and then one day it doesn't happen anymore. It's just part of your body's response to the introduction of female hormones, and it may happen again whenever you change doses.

Avoid constricting underwear and crossing your legs tightly on achy days.

Take care!
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
  •  

jennytvx

When I was on normal dose injections, I am onlow low dose now.  I had sensations in my testicles.  When I'm excited, I feel something stiring inside the tip.  I also leak a clear sticky liquid.  I don't know anything about body functions, but I sense that I am just getting wet like a girl would when excited.  I feel it dripping...that's the sensation I get. 

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

•  

Michelle_P

Quote from: jennytvx on July 31, 2017, 07:13:26 PM
When I was on normal dose injections, I am onlow low dose now.  I had sensations in my testicles.  When I'm excited, I feel something stiring inside the tip.  I also leak a clear sticky liquid.  I don't know anything about body functions, but I sense that I am just getting wet like a girl would when excited.  I feel it dripping...that's the sensation I get. 

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Hi, Jenny!

Welllll... Male and female anatomy share much of the same tissue and enervation, just with a different geometry, so there are certain similarities in sensation and stimulus response at a cellular level.

That may be much of what you are feeling.

HRT, even low dose, definitely alters fluid production in the genetalia and alters the sensitivity to stimulus somewhat.

Hey, I think you may have set a record for lowest posts per day since you joined back in 2013.  And just think, you managed to go all that time without an official greeting!  Talk about stealthy!   ;)   >:-)

Consider this an incredibly belated welcome to Susan's Place!  Oh, and feel free to post a little more often!

A Cautionary Note:
This is a public forum so please remember when posting that The Internet Never Forgets, and the various web crawlers and archival sites out there may retain information that you post.

We cannot ensure that any information you share on the site will be protected from public view and/or copying or reproduction. This warning is also listed in the Terms of Service listed below.

If you give out personal information on Susan's you are responsible for any consequence.

I also want to share some links with you. They include helpful information and the rules that govern the site.  It is important for your enjoyment of the site to take a moment to go through them

Things that you should read

Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •