News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Question about upcoming GRS

Started by Darling_Di, July 24, 2017, 08:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darling_Di

Hi y'all!

I'm getting GRS with Brassard on Sep 13th, coming up fast. I had a pretty odd question/fear, not sure if anyone can give me any information, but worth a try.

Basically, I'm worried that my size relative to my AMAB genitals will be an issue. I'm 5'5" and 117 lbs, within a healthy BMI. But my member is like, the size of the largest orange dilator in girth, and quite long. And while I'm looking forward to a relatively easy time dilating, I'm worried that the surgeon won't have enough room to invert properly. It does not help that I'm pretty often feeling bloated, and where they are going to get all that space inside of me. Maybe the results will end up deformed because of the anatomical size difference between me and my member.

Please tell me I'm just being paranoid here. :(

Di
  •  

jfong

You should be ok. Also if you are interested.. we have a fb group for Dr B soon to be and past patients. Pm me if you want to join.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

•  

Darling_Di

Thanks for the reply. I think I was just freaking out. I've always been so skinny but with the HRT for about 1.5 years now I've been gaining some wait so it looks a bit more balanced down there. Really I just try to avoid the area all together so I don't get too depressed lol.

Oh yes! I totally would like that, but I can't seem to PM anyone because I can't look at anyone's profile page. It seems I'm not able to send PMs, maybe because I'm new.
  •  

jfong

And ps. The soon former member size (the larger end) have no bearing on how it will be post op. The member itself is not occupying the space that will be allocated for new vagina. I PM-ed u.. add me on fb before I can add you to the group.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

•  

Jacqueline

Quote from: Darling_Di on July 25, 2017, 07:17:21 AM
Thanks for the reply. I think I was just freaking out. I've always been so skinny but with the HRT for about 1.5 years now I've been gaining some wait so it looks a bit more balanced down there. Really I just try to avoid the area all together so I don't get too depressed lol.

Oh yes! I totally would like that, but I can't seem to PM anyone because I can't look at anyone's profile page. It seems I'm not able to send PMs, maybe because I'm new.

Darling_Di,

Welcome to the site. You are correct. You cannot view profiles or send pms till you hit what are considered 15 quality posts.

I am glad you are calming down some. It is a long road full of unexpected things. While it is not easy, trying to work through with focus but relaxed energy seems to be a good way to progress.

Hope you find some good info here.

A Cautionary Note:
This is a public forum so please [remember when posting that The Internet Never Forgets, and the various web crawlers and archival sites out may retain information that you post.

We cannot ensure that any information you share on the site will be protected from public view and/or copying or reproduction. This warning is also listed in the Terms of Service listed below.

Do not share anything on Susan's that you do not want to be public information.

I also want to share some links with you. They include helpful information and the rules that govern the site. It is important for your enjoyment of the site to take a moment to go through them

Things that you should read

Once again, welcome to Susan's. Look around, ask questions and join in.

With warmth,

Jacqui
1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit & HRT StartJanuary 29, 2016
Jacqueline from Joanna July 18, 2017
Full Time June 1, 2018

•  

Darling_Di

QuoteI am glad you are calming down some. It is a long road full of unexpected things. While it is not easy, trying to work through with focus but relaxed energy seems to be a good way to progress.

That sounds like a good plan. :) Thanks for all the newbie info!
  •  

Jenna Marie

Brassard removes the glans (the tip) to make into a clitoris, meaning that he already has to close up the end of the penile "tube" before inversion; he generally does this with a scrotal skin graft, but it would seem reasonable that in the unlikely event that it is too long, he could simply remove extra tissue along with the glans. Then he'd have extra to work with for constructing the vulva!

(I went to Brassard and read the operating report, so I'm quite confident in my knowledge of his technique, but his web site also mentioned this particular aspect of it. I was also bigger than the orange dilator in girth and 5'7", and I had no issues with that part. The vagina is most likely not going to be the same girth as the previous equipment.)
  •  

Darling_Di

Quote from: Jenna Marie on July 26, 2017, 01:14:16 PM
Brassard removes the glans (the tip) to make into a clitoris, meaning that he already has to close up the end of the penile "tube" before inversion; he generally does this with a scrotal skin graft, but it would seem reasonable that in the unlikely event that it is too long, he could simply remove extra tissue along with the glans. Then he'd have extra to work with for constructing the vulva!

(I went to Brassard and read the operating report, so I'm quite confident in my knowledge of his technique, but his web site also mentioned this particular aspect of it. I was also bigger than the orange dilator in girth and 5'7", and I had no issues with that part. The vagina is most likely not going to be the same girth as the previous equipment.)

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. Yes, see, I was a little worried about him trimming a bit too, like if he cuts too much or messes up or whatever. In my head it's all just statistics, the more "common" I am, the more likely my results will be favorable and the less likely for complications. But I will trust that he has dealt with my kind before, now. ;)

I do have a follow up question... I got a douche, as the PDF instructions said, but I think the tip is way too big. I got this huge all silicon Hypoallergenic one, but I'm kind of regretting it, I'm worried the tip is too big. It's something like the width of my thumb. Should I get the kind that is very thin and pointed so it's easier to insert? Or even a catheter with some syringes?  ???

Thanks again.
  •  

Jenna Marie

He's done thousands of these, so he's not going to be thrown by something as minor as needing to take a little extra off. :) I know for a fact (both women were there with me) that he operated successfully on a woman with a penis that was under 1" erect and a woman who was only about five feet tall. I have heard other stories about people who have substantially atypical anatomy and went to him, and it was fine. Incidentally, it didn't occur to me to mention this, but he prefers to give everyone around 5.5"-6" of depth and use the remaining skin for the vulva, so it stands to reason that he must have to "trim" quite often.

I bought disposable douches from Target, so I don't really know much about the alternatives, but the orange dilator is about an inch and a half in circumference. (My thumb is maybe 1/5 the size!) I would assume that if you can fit the dilators, you can handle that applicator - and if you couldn't fit the dilators, you would have other issues. I would, of course, go by whatever he recommends, but I assume the instructions weren't very clear or you wouldn't have to ask...
  •  

Darling_Di

That's good to know Jenna, thank you! I should be thankful that I have a bit of extra to play with.
  •