Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Today is my HRT Anniversary!

Started by Jessica_Rose, March 23, 2018, 03:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica_Rose

When I started this journey a year ago I was not certain where it would lead. I did not know if my wife would stay with me, what my daughters would think, or how my friends and neighbors would react, but I knew anything would be better than the path I had been on for over 40 years. I was slowly sinking into a pit of rage, and doing nothing would only take me deeper into the darkness. My future seemed hopeless, so decided to take a leap of faith and choose a new direction.

There were no maps, signs or other markings along this new path, and for a while I was lost and confused. After a month or two my mind began to clear and my dark cloud of anger began to dissipate. One day I smiled for no reason, for the first time in decades I had felt a moment of peace. Slowly, day after day, those moments of peace grew and the smiles became more frequent. There were a few things that could still bring back my anger, but as the smiles increased the darkness continued to fade.

I was getting my life back, yet I was frightened. I knew that one day I would need to tell others about my secret. After several months I built up the courage to tell someone, and suddenly the weight of the world was lifted off of my shoulders. It was an intensely emotional moment. Although I now felt even more at peace, I was still not ready for the world to know. I still had to keep my secret.

I did not realize it at the time, but telling that first person had cracked the wall of my dungeon. A thin shaft of light now fell on the part of my soul which had been kept in darkness all of these years. Silently she began to grow and gain strength. The months passed quietly, until one morning the hidden part of my soul came to life. A wave of emotion washed over me. My hands began to shake, then they went numb. At first I didn't know what was happening, but soon I understood. That thin shaft of light had allowed the hidden part of my soul to gain enough strength to grow, and now she had blossomed. I knew she was now ready. Less than a month later everything was in place and I introduced Jessica Rose to the world. It was a beautiful day.

A little over a month has passed since that day, the day Jessica Rose first viewed the world through her own eyes. My wife is still with me, my daughters still love me, and all of my friends and neighbors are still my friends. Everything seems normal. I look in the mirror and I cannot believe what I have done, then I smile. Every new day is beautiful. My soul is finally free to live her life, by her rules. And again, I smile. I am at peace.

This is not the end of my journey, it is merely a new beginning.
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Meghan

Hi Jessica,

Beautiful written about your Journey. Congratulations on your one year transition. Just like you I have been living miserable for a long time, and I am now at peace with myself. As my Therapist said unless I move forward with my transition to become a woman I always want to be, otherwise I will be living in miserable for the rest of my life. After I make my decision without any regret at all. Good luck with your path to become who you are.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Meghan Pham: MtF Transgender, Transsexual, Transwoman, social justice, Caregivers, Certified Nurse Assistant
  •  

davina61

Happy HRTversary where's the cake emoji 
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Jessica_Rose

I think it would be appropriate to include a before and after photo... the first photo was taken in Feb 2017, the second in March 2018.

Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
  •  

Devlyn

Big hug! Congratulations. Your smile and the look in your eyes says it all. :)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Jessica_Rose

I even received a gift today. Julie mentioned that Janet Mock was going to speak in Denver today, and my wife said she would like to go. So not only did my wife and I get to hear Janet, but we also met both Julie and Tia Anne! It was the perfect way way to mark the occasion.
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •