Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Hormone blockers side effects?

Started by Rye12, August 13, 2017, 09:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rye12

Hi was wondering if anyone can give me any advice? I started hormone blockers just over a month ago and I have been recently getting stomach pains, feeling fatigued and suddenly start feeling really hot and sweaty. Could these be side effects of the blockers? The only thing we were told from the doctor was about it effecting my bones but apart from that he never mentioned any other side effects

EDIT: okay after googling a bit seems hot flashes are a normal side effect, still not sure about the others
  •  

Dena

A few people have reported stomach problems with Spiro which can be helped by taking the medication with food. A few people are unable to tolerate Spiro so report any issues to your doctor. Dropping your testosterone levels can cause you to feel weak and experience menopause symptoms (hot flashes). This normal and should get better as estradiol takes over.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Rye12

Quote from: Dena on August 13, 2017, 10:31:59 PM
A few people have reported stomach problems with Spiro which can be helped by taking the medication with food. A few people are unable to tolerate Spiro so report any issues to your doctor. Dropping your testosterone levels can cause you to feel weak and experience menopause symptoms (hot flashes). This normal and should get better as estradiol takes over.
I'm ftm though?
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: Rye12 on August 14, 2017, 02:18:47 AM
Quote from: Dena on August 13, 2017, 10:31:59 PM
I'm ftm though?
So what blockers are you on?

My first advice would be to ask your medic and/or your pharmacist. No one here has the medical knowledge to advise you safely. The opinions here are just opinion.

•  

Rye12

Quote from: Cindy on August 14, 2017, 05:03:11 AM
I'm ftm though?

So what blockers are you on?

My first advice would be to ask your medic and/or your pharmacist. No one here has the medical knowledge to advise you safely. The opinions here are just opinion.
GnRH agonist.

I plan on asking my doctor at my next appointment. I'm not asking for a diagnosis I'm just curious if this has happened to others.
  •  

Julia1996

Since you are taking estrogen blockers it sounds like you're having menopause.  When my aunt started to menopause she would have hot flashes and just start to sweat all over. Even in the winter.
Julia
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Gertrude

Quote from: Rye12 on August 14, 2017, 08:14:31 AM
GnRH agonist.

I plan on asking my doctor at my next appointment. I'm not asking for a diagnosis I'm just curious if this has happened to others.
Letrozole?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Dena

The hot flashes are a normal side effect and fatigue could be the result of lower estrogen levels however nothing is mentioned about stomach pains. Most medications have common side effects and not so common ones that are rarely seen. Unfortunately the rarely seen ones tend to be the most dangerous ones so I suggest you see your doctor as soon as possible to determine the cause of the pain.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •