News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Recently had ffs and just wanted to share my experience

Started by Justarandomname, August 13, 2017, 01:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley3

Quote from: Justarandomname on November 28, 2017, 01:21:39 AM
Just wanted to give an update on my FFS experience ... here is a picture.  (no make up / guy mode)  Sorry, picture isnt the best because it was taken a bit before typing this.
https://imgur.com/hd1ulnC

Wow... you're looking great... if I'd just seen that picture randomly not knowing the context, I'd say gal hands down... great result... congratulations!
  •  

Justarandomname

Quote from: Sarah.VanDistel on November 28, 2017, 02:05:00 AM
Very nice! And I'm really sorry, but "boy mode" no longer applies to you! [emoji4] Congratulations! Every time I read such an account, I look even much forward to my own FFS, scheduled for 15/02/2018 (Dr. Bart Van De Ven).

Hugs, Sarah

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Thanks Sarah! I can imagine how excited you must be, waiting feels like forever and next thing you know, you're like "where did the time go?"

Quote from: Ashley3 on November 28, 2017, 02:13:53 AM
Wow... you're looking great... if I'd just seen that picture randomly not knowing the context, I'd say gal hands down... great result... congratulations!

Thanks Ashley!  I thought about make up and fixing my hair, doing all that stuff but I got lazy.  Also thanks for saying "gal" makes me feel young, lol. 
  •  

flower1221

Quote from: Justarandomname on November 28, 2017, 01:21:39 AM
Just wanted to give an update on my FFS experience with Dr. Di Maggio.

I'm now at about 4 1/2 months post op and still feel some mild swelling in my cheeks and nose but nowhere near what it used to be a few months ago. 

Middle portion of my chin is still very numb and my scalp, running from the crown area to the front hair line is also numb.  I feel quite a bit of sensation possibly due to the nerves starting to regenerate.  ie. scratch the middle of my forehead and I can feel it on my left eyelid etc.

For the most part, I didn't feel any pain or complications during the recovery but the post op depression was much worse than I thought, lol.

Anyway, here is a picture.  (no make up / guy mode)  Sorry, picture isnt the best because it was taken a bit before typing this.

https://imgur.com/hd1ulnC

Your link isn't working, I'd love to see the picture .  Great write up too
  •  

Justarandomname

Quote from: flower1221 on November 30, 2017, 02:57:50 PM
Your link isn't working, I'd love to see the picture .  Great write up too

Hi flower, thank you.  I apologize but I actually only posted my photo for a little over 19 hours before taking it down as I'm still not comfortable with posting my photos.
  •  

konstancemalewska

Hi Sarah, did you have your surgery w Defrancq? can you share your experience? Thank you in advance.

Quote from: Sarah.VanDistel on August 13, 2017, 02:41:00 AM
Hallo You! [emoji4]

Thanks for sharing your experience! I am planning on having FFS sometime around February or March 2018 with Dr. Bart Van De Ven and Joel Defrancq, in Antwerp, Belgium, and will be undergoing basically the same procedures as you, with some differences:

[emoji830]forehead recontouring type 3 with hairline recontouring and browlift (incl. orbital rim shaving)
[emoji830]rhinoplasty
[emoji830]lip lift
[emoji830]jaw angle reduction and chin recontouring
[emoji830]lower jaw setback (although this will probably be a separate procedure)
[emoji830]cheeks and nasolabial lipofilling

I plan on having a part of my body contour surgery, with Dr. Maarten Doornaert, during the same hospital stay (normally two days later), which will for sure include breast augmentation and possibly tummy tuck +/- hip augmentation (through lipofilling).
It's obviously a fairly aggressive surgery and I'm anticipating lots of swelling and probably pain, although my pain threshold is relatively high. It's always interesting to read random accounts of people who have gone through the same, so your account was certainly not in vain!

Thank you for your story!

Hugs, Sarah

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
  •  

Sarah.VanDistel

Quote from: konstancemalewska on March 24, 2019, 09:42:41 PM
Hi Sarah, did you have your surgery w Defrancq? can you share your experience? Thank you in advance.
Hi Konstance!

Ultimately this was not necessary. Only Van De Ven "touched" my face, so I do not have any experience with Defrancq, appart from knowing that he's a charming gentleman.

Best wishes,

Sarah

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

•  

V M

Hi konstancemalewska  :icon_wave:

Welcome to Susan's Place  :)  Glad to have you here, join on in the fun

How about stopping by our Introductions Forum and introducing yourself so more folks can get to know you a bit better  ;)

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that we offer to all new members to help them along

Things that you should read

Hugs

V M
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Casady

Quote from: Sarah.VanDistel on March 24, 2019, 10:00:33 PM
Hi Konstance!

Ultimately this was not necessary. Only Van De Ven "touched" my face, so I do not have any experience with Defrancq, appart from knowing that he's a charming gentleman.

Best wishes,

Sarah

Are we allowed to say Van De Ven again now? ;D
  •  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Justarandomname on August 16, 2017, 07:22:44 PM
I think I've read those and I can see how he can be a bit off putting at first but I can share what I personally experienced with him.

During the skype consult, he seemed pretty nice although very confidant.  One thing about him is that he is honest about what he can and can't do.  He also told me all the issues I had with some of my features and what he could change and what he couldn't.  After a few more consults and emails, I decided on him after researching and speaking with other surgeons.

When I first met him in Buenos Aires, he came by to my apartment along with his liaison and told me what he recommended and what he didn't.  His personality was very brusque he didn't mince words.  He was off putting with his bluntness tbh.

After the surgery, he talked to me a bit before I went into the resting room and told me everything went better than expected although there were complications with my bleeding (This was something I forgot to mention to his surgery team) I think on the 3rd day, I had extreme swelling and once he was notified, he drove all the way to my apartment along with one of the other surgeons to check on me, give me a shot to reduce the swelling and made sure that I was ok. 

He made sure to check in on me personally at the apartment at least once a week and rode his motorcycle over to make sure I was okay.  On our final meeting, he told me that my results came out perfectly and that I should wait at least a year for the final results.  He then gave me a hug, told me to keep in touch, and email if I have any questions or need anything.  (I was honestly touched)

I think you should at least speak with him before deciding tbh.  He might not be for you and you might find someone that is much more suited for your needs but I'm very happy and I can't complain.

He sounds good to me. Direct and detailed orientated with set expectations is very important so both parties have a clear idea of what to expect.
  •  

Sarah.VanDistel

Quote from: Casady on March 25, 2019, 04:00:30 PM
Are we allowed to say Van De Ven again now? ;D
Hi Casady!

I'm not sure.

I had created a big thread about my transition, since the very beginning, including pics and all. It was a sort of a journal. By coincidence, along the way, I got my FFS done by He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, with results which made me happy. One day, I enter Susan's forum and the whole thread is gone - no warning or explanation. Tried to understand what happened and was vaguely informed that it might had to do with references to He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. Asked to have it restored, so far without success.

So despite being a contributor, despite always striving to use a nice language, someone simply decided that that slice of my life was not that important. No apologies given. Nothing. Just unilaterally deleted.

That's also the reason why I'll be leaving Susan's quite soon. I think that all the girls who supported me so much deserve to know the end of my story (in short, a bit more than 2 years ago I didn't dare to go to my therapist dressed up as Sarah... and then a few months later I began my RLE and 6 days ago I got my GCS). But then I'd also feel guilty for supporting a platform which stabbed me in the back because my FFS was done by someone with a poor online behaviour from the part of that surgeon. No matter how you put it, this is not okay.

Enough ranting. I'm still a very happy woman and I still intend to publish a timeline of my transition pretty soon... without mentioning He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.

Hugs, Sarah

•  

Casady

Quote from: Sarah.VanDistel on March 25, 2019, 09:20:06 PM
Hi Casady!

I'm not sure.

I had created a big thread about my transition, since the very beginning, including pics and all. It was a sort of a journal. By coincidence, along the way, I got my FFS done by He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, with results which made me happy. One day, I enter Susan's forum and the whole thread is gone - no warning or explanation. Tried to understand what happened and was vaguely informed that it might had to do with references to He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. Asked to have it restored, so far without success.

So despite being a contributor, despite always striving to use a nice language, someone simply decided that that slice of my life was not that important. No apologies given. Nothing. Just unilaterally deleted.

That's also the reason why I'll be leaving Susan's quite soon. I think that all the girls who supported me so much deserve to know the end of my story (in short, a bit more than 2 years ago I didn't dare to go to my therapist dressed up as Sarah... and then a few months later I began my RLE and 6 days ago I got my GCS). But then I'd also feel guilty for supporting a platform which stabbed me in the back because my FFS was done by someone with a poor online behaviour from the part of that surgeon. No matter how you put it, this is not okay.

Enough ranting. I'm still a very happy woman and I still intend to publish a timeline of my transition pretty soon... without mentioning He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.

Hugs, Sarah

Hi Sarah Of Thistle!

I had my FFS last December at 2Unmentionable and, as my operation date grew nearer (and my nervousness grew greater!), I came to rely heavily on your journal. Then, not long before my surgery, your thread and all other mention of the surgeon was taken down! I felt quite upset and anxious at that point, even though the reason for the removal was nothing to do with his skills as a surgeon. I also felt a little angry and almost left Susan's at that point. The accounts of others' experiences (especially good ones) are so important to those transitioning. Anyway, it turned out that I had nothing to worry about and everything went well. In fact, I would say that despite a little discomfort due to swelling etc., I had a lovely time there, especially in the guest house. So much so in fact, that I am (almost :)) looking forward to going back to Antwerp for lower blepharoplasty and facelift at the beginning of May. I feel sad though that I have been unable to share the story of my FFS on here.

It is wonderful to see how far you have come and I am pleased to hear that your recent surgeries have gone well! I wish you all the best for your recovery and I certainly look forward to reading your timeline if you do publish one. (Also, once this site's ban has run its duration, I would like to think that your original thread will be restored so that it may continue to help others.)

Casady

•