Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Cloverfield

Started by prettydrake, January 19, 2008, 11:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prettydrake

So Serra and I went to see Cloverfield today....

AWESOME movie, if you can appreciate it.  Think Blair Witch + Godzilla and you've got a start.  It's all handheld camera, and there's no soundtrack until the credits.  We agreed it rawked, but that we'd probably not go see it again (a bit too disturbing for us).

What we -didn't- enjoy was the packed theater because it was filled with mostly kids who hollered and laughed and hooted through the whole thing.  The ending is fairly atypical, and many said patrons got all grouchy.

Anyways it was very good.  Recommended, but it's not your typical popcorn flick.

http://imdb.com/title/tt1060277/faq is a link to the FAQ on IMDB.com for Cloverfield.  Has some really good websites and info about the movie that isn't necessarily revealed during the film.
  •  

Pica Pica

saw the trailer, it's not out here. Thought it looked dreadful. Quite sickmaking.
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

VeryGnawty

I kind of wanted to see this only because I've heard it's the "Shadow of the Colossus" of monster films.

I'll probably just wait until it comes out on TV.  I don't feel like spending five bucks for the film equivalent of a rollercoaster.  Plus I already got enough of a ride when Beowulf came out.  Excellent camera work in that one.
"The cake is a lie."
  •  

shanetastic

Most of the people I met said it was good.  I want to see it, but no one that I know wants to see it haha.  All of my friends have already seen it, so I might just wait until it comes out on video or something. 
trying to live life one day at a time
  •  

shanetastic

Juno was pretty good redfish :)

I always enjoy a nice comedy.  I enjoyed Superbad probably like 49042x more than Juno though.
trying to live life one day at a time
  •