Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Just not caring

Started by Arianna Valentine, July 10, 2018, 10:44:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arianna Valentine

So I've only been on hormones for like 2 months but I've had my sudden mood changes like I was watching a funny tv show and started crying out of nowhere no emotion to it it's more like just my eyes leaked for a few minutes.  But like a couple days ago we had a tornado hit our area and I was out driving running errands and even though this was going on I just didnt care then my brother called me told me to stay in town cuz the tornado was closer to the area I live not where I was and just without emotion I said I really don't care I'll be home in 10 minutes I didn't drive fast I didn't feel rushed or anything I just didn't care.  Has anyone felt like this if it helps I'm on Spiro and estradiol.

Sent from my SM-S337TL using Tapatalk

If you can't accept yourself,  how can you expect others to accept you?

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

Jessica

My emotions in the beginning (and sometimes still) could be all over the place.  I did find that I cried far easier, whether it was for happiness, fear, sadness, empathy and even apathy.  In my apathetic bouts, it was more about putting up barriers to insulate me from all the other triggers, which could never fully be done.  My emotional levels always elevated after a dosage change also. Controlling those emotions get easier as you get used to your medication and all the effects it has on you.

Hugs and smiles, Jessica

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Tatiana 79

Hey GF
I can't help you with your initial question because as you know I'm a couple months behind you.
I just wanted to jump in to let you know I'm glad that tornado stayed away from you  and you're safe.
When I live down state in the farmlands I've seen their awesome power.
I'll definitely be following your thread and try and learn from it because this will probably be happening to me to.
Talk to you later dear love Tatiana
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on July 10, 2018, 10:44:28 AM
So I've only been on hormones for like 2 months but I've had my sudden mood changes like I was watching a funny tv show and started crying out of nowhere no emotion to it it's more like just my eyes leaked for a few minutes.  But like a couple days ago we had a tornado hit our area and I was out driving running errands and even though this was going on I just didnt care then my brother called me told me to stay in town cuz the tornado was closer to the area I live not where I was and just without emotion I said I really don't care I'll be home in 10 minutes I didn't drive fast I didn't feel rushed or anything I just didn't care.  Has anyone felt like this if it helps I'm on Spiro and estradiol.

@Arianna Valentine
What you describe is not out of the ordinary at all.  I still cry at the oddest things... certainly romantic movies, people and especially little kids in distress, etc ... but I also cry and  get all emotional in happy circumstances and events too.  My likes and dislikes have changed sometimes dramatically too...  movies, activities, food, hobbies, etc.

As far the title of your thread and "not caring" ... At many times and many circumstances I am "caring" more it seems.
With our life changes and HRT we OBVIOUSLY are in the process of being transformed both physically and mentally.... and it is a moving target and will undoubtedly keep changing... so hang on... it is a wild and rewarding ride.

Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on July 10, 2018, 12:39:00 PM
@Arianna Valentine
What you dascribe is not out of the ordinary at all.  I still cry at the oddest things... certainly romantic movies, people and especially little kids in distress, etc ... but I also cry and  get all emotional in happy circumstances and events too.  My likes and dislikes have changed sometimes dramatically too...  movies, activities, food, hobbies, etc.

As far the title of your thread and "not caring" ... At many times and many circumstances I am "caring" more it seems.
With our life changes and HRT we OBVIOUSLY are in the process of being transformed both physically and mentally.... and it is a moving target and will undoubtedly keep changing... so hang on... it is a wild and rewarding ride.

Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle
Thank you and everyone else so much for the speedy replies and caring for my safety about the tornado.  But I think honestly it just kind of threw me off with the eyes leaking with no emotion feeding it and the complete lack of emotion during a time I should have felt scared or excited or something lol and yes only been 2 months and it's already a wild ride but so fun can't wait for more stuff to experience now lol.

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

Cheaney

Yeah I'm approaching a month on the same stuff and I have moments of not caring about anything. Which is disappointing because I had normal bouts with that in guy mode. I'm able to feel more feelings but am not super emotional(crying) any more than I was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: Cheaney on July 11, 2018, 01:03:43 AM
Yeah I'm approaching a month on the same stuff and I have moments of not caring about anything. Which is disappointing because I had normal bouts with that in guy mode. I'm able to feel more feelings but am not super emotional(crying) any more than I was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes I am pretty much exactly the same and was exactly the same and diebold I'm just like now it's just more like I was expecting more feeling but you know I understand it's going to take time I'll get it normal to feel like this so

•  

Cindy

I remember being told at the beginning of my journey that it was perfectly fine to now practice my emotions and to allow myself to express them. Many of us forced ourselves into a male mode and often a hypermasculine mode in order to 'cure' ourselves and to cope. We have repressed our emotions and it takes times and practice to let ourselves bask in them.

I use the word 'bask' deliberately because being able to relax and enjoy our emotions is rather wonderful. There is nothing like a good cry at some dumb movie, book, whatever. Of course there is nothing wrong in self control but do let yourself the pleasure of being free and do maybe practice feeling emotional.
  •  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: Cindy on July 11, 2018, 01:37:55 AM
I remember being told at the beginning of my journey that it was perfectly fine to now practice my emotions and to allow myself to express them. Many of us forced ourselves into a male mode and often a hypermasculine mode in order to 'cure' ourselves and to cope. We have repressed our emotions and it takes times and practice to let ourselves bask in them.

I use the word 'bask' deliberately because being able to relax and enjoy our emotions is rather wonderful. There is nothing like a good cry at some dumb movie, book, whatever. Of course there is nothing wrong in self control but do let yourself the pleasure of being free and do maybe practice feeling emotional.
I can honestly say that I never hid my feelings even as male because I truly then and still don't care what others think about me lol I've always been very in tune with my emotions well I was lmao now it's just one new and wonderful explosion of emotion after another I can say that now my emotions do seem to be more intense for whatever emotion pops up lol

•