Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

It was obvious! Why didn't I find out for so long?

Started by Terence, April 08, 2017, 12:46:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terence

So, I'm XXY with Klinefelter's syndrome, raised as a woman. I found an old external drive with pictures of myself in my early teens. I wonder why I never suspected anything when I was younger.

For starters, I was never more than an A cup. Even when I got fat, I was never more than an A cup. I didn't stop wearing training bras until I was 18, and even then it was out of embarrassment. My shoulders were very broad for a girl, and I had a sharp jawline. I think the most defining thing, though, was my hairline. It was always far too high. I was mocked constantly at high school for looking like a man. I changed schools to avoid the bullying but it was just the same.

What I really want to know, however, is why my parents never told me anything. To this day they deny knowing anything about it.

So, fellow intersexed people - did you have any obvious physical appearance indicators before you found out? Was anyone else bullied for looking too much like the opposite sex?
  •  

josie76

If you were born ambiguous then I would think your parents would have been informed. Maybe they feel guilty about making the wrong choice?

Anyway, from your picture I could see you looking either way. I learned by first grade to for lack of better terms "not act like a girl". I learned to do whatever the boys did. After that I was picked on but not for those reasons. I never quite fit in with the boys no matter what I did to be like them. In Jr. High school my pelvis widened a lot. I was always self conscious about anything that would make me look like a girl. I avoided anything that would be seen as possible girlish. I wore big baggy tee shirts to help hide my pelvis width. I swear I never quit tugging on my shirts back then  :). It's strange remembering it now. Up until then I also used fruity smelling shampoo that my mom always bought. For whatever reason one day the kids were talking about hair smell and someone said "your hair smells like a girl". That ended that for me. I remember really liking those shampoos. I went to using the man smelling basic head and shoulders kind.

I have always been self conscious about my body. I don't think anyone else later in life ever saw anything but a guy. Eventually my shoulders were higher sitting and my chest thickened. My ribs are still narrower than my pelvis.

I wish I could find an answer for myself. My endo just said "What difference would it make finding out". While it's true knowing won't change my reality, I'd still like to know. How much did genetic tests cost? It's not something insurance will cover.
04/26/2018 bi-lateral orchiectomy

A lifetime of depression and repressed emotions is nothing more than existence. I for one want to live now not just exist!

•  

Wendyway2

Hello,

I am a very pretty male, with an interstitial vagina, I was born with a twin sister. My mother told me they had to pull out my penis when I was born. I am at a crossroads, having been born part female, and the woman I love who I am married to. The two situations do not conflict, but it is too late for me to start living my life over. I feel the main thing for me now is not to be shy about being a transgender woman, and in letting others know my effeminate side was biological.I am on HRT and take Estrogen. I feel ambivalent about never having been very masculine, except in instances of homophobia early on in my life, and living my life as a woman, who still has male genitalia.

Tomboy

Quote from: Terence on April 08, 2017, 12:46:27 AM
So, I'm XXY with Klinefelter's syndrome, raised as a woman. I found an old external drive with pictures of myself in my early teens. I wonder why I never suspected anything when I was younger.

For starters, I was never more than an A cup. Even when I got fat, I was never more than an A cup. I didn't stop wearing training bras until I was 18, and even then it was out of embarrassment. My shoulders were very broad for a girl, and I had a sharp jawline. I think the most defining thing, though, was my hairline. It was always far too high. I was mocked constantly at high school for looking like a man. I changed schools to avoid the bullying but it was just the same.

What I really want to know, however, is why my parents never told me anything. To this day they deny knowing anything about it.

So, fellow intersexed people - did you have any obvious physical appearance indicators before you found out? Was anyone else bullied for looking too much like the opposite sex?

Thanks for sharing your interesting story. You look a bit androgynous at that picture but nothing bad. Very weird that they keep denying knowing anything. Have you found more answers on that? I hope you're okay despite the bullying/confusion/lies. :)

I am not diagnosed with an intersex condition though I suspect it because of physical indicators. Very small hips, severe underdevelopment of the breasts, boyish puberty. And yes I've been bullied because of this, and complete strangers comment on my back/ass area, that it looks odd.
  •