News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Who here looks forward to dilating?

Started by Nina, August 29, 2017, 12:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nina

Next week is 3 years post op.
It seems like yesterday that I was spending 90% of my day dilating, douching, sitz baths and showers. I remember how those first few weeks, I tried everything to get in the mood for dilating: music, candles...
Lol...how times have changed. Now I watch FoodNetwork or am on my iPad while dilating. Doesn't mean I like dilating, just never really look forward to that once a week dilation.

How about you? Is dilating ho-hum now after awhile...no big deal?
2007/8 - name change, tracheal shave, electrolysis, therapy
2008 - full time
2014 - GCS Dr. Brassard; remarried
2018 (January)  - hubby and I moved off-grid
2019 - plan originally was to hike PCT in 2020, but now attempting Appalachian Trail - start date April 3.
  •  

noleen111

I would not say I looked forward to it, but I did not mind during it, as it was a the price of finally having a vagina, which I gladly paid. 

These beginning days were tough, and the novelty did wear off.. Now I am approaching 3 years post op and now its great me time. I don't need to dilate as much due to me being sexuality active.
Enjoying ride the hormones are giving me... finally becoming the woman I always knew I was
  •  

Sophia Sage

When I'm in need of penetration, I make sure I'm... penetrated. 

I did go several years without it, quite a while back now.  But when the time came, it took less than a month to recover, shall we say. 

I am so over thinking of this as medical maintenance. 
What you look forward to has already come, but you do not recognize it.
  •  

Karen_A

I'm 19 years post-op... Although I'm not sexually active, I don't dilate with any regularity... in fact Ive gone 3 or 4 year at time without dilating it...

Whit when i do, I can quickly get back to my widest dilator (1 1/2") with about 5" of depth (measured from the front of the vaginal canal (not from the labia). Way back when I could get to between 5.5 and 6" of depth, so I have lost some that way, but I have been stable at where I'm at now for years no matter how long the lay-off...

I really think when one is post-op long enough, dilation is really not critical to maintain things.

- Karen
  •