Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

How emotional do you get before you take your estrogen?

Started by cymoril, September 05, 2017, 02:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cymoril

Let me explain.  For the last six years, I've been injecting estradiol valerate IM every two weeks.  Recently, a few days before my injection is due, I get REALLY Emotional! Does anyone else experience this?
Don't really know what to write here...  So I'll just write a little about myself.  For conciseness, I am a 48 y/o pre-op transsexual who's in a wheelchair.  I'm wheelchair bound due to AVN(avascular necrosis) which took three and a half inches from my right femur and I acquired due to HIV.  I got infected by the first man I was ever with.  So, after spending 40+ years in Texas and getting three felonies, I decided to move to San Francisco.
  I got here in 2010 and continued to drug myself until something happened...  I don't remember exactly what happened, but I do know I did something to ease my pain, which didn't help and I ended up in the ER.  After that, mind you I could still walk, barely, I was diagnosed with avascular necrosis.  Immediately I was sent to a hospital in really bad shape.  I was addicted to a copious amount of drugs and weighed less than 90lbs.  I was near death.  I spent two and a half years in hospital, quit drugs, got my own place and am doing quite well.
  •  

Erika J Spangler

Quote from: cymoril on September 05, 2017, 02:40:36 PM
Let me explain.  For the last six years, I've been injecting estradiol valerate IM every two weeks.  Recently, a few days before my injection is due, I get REALLY Emotional! Does anyone else experience this?

When I was on injections for 4 years I injected every 10 days and by the time the next injection was due I was a hot mess. My doctor told me I was Cycling she put me on Estrace and for the last 3 yrs I have not had that issue. Apparently by the time my injection started to wear off it really messed with my emotions. Now with the Estrace I get daily a very strong steady dose.
  •  

JoanneB

I have observed that around day 3-4 after a shot I am quite emotional. Give me a drink or 2 and forget about it. By the time rolls around for my next shot (around a week. not only am I bad with pills I am also bad with shots) I am sort of on an even keel... half the times. If I wait too long, milking them out (don't ask) then yeah, emotional city after a couple of weeks
.          (Pile Driver)  
                    |
                    |
                    ^
(ROCK) ---> ME <--- (HARD PLACE)
  •  

JoanneW

Interesting. I thought IM estradiol valerate was supposed to smooth out the peaks and troughs. I was giving serious thought to switching from Progynova (and I have no problem doing the shots myself).

This thread seems to suggest that the tablets are still the best way?
  •  

KarynMcD

Quote from: JoanneW on September 06, 2017, 08:47:33 PM
This thread seems to suggest that the tablets are still the best way?

As long as you take them consistently through out the day.

With the shot you get a more consistent level until it is used up.
If you are getting emotional just before your next shot, you need to adjust your dosage and/or schedule to avoid that.
  •