Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

On line delivery rant

Started by Cindy, August 31, 2017, 04:45:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cindy

I am a very easy going person, which is just as well with some of the issues that I see and deal with but I have to post a rant.

I live with computers, for work, play and everything. My laptop is reaching the end of its life and can't do what I need it to do. So I've bought a new iMAC.  Of course it will be delivered with wonderful certainty.

I got a message at 8.00am this morning DHL will deliver today. Lovely.

I was lying in bed, my bedroom window looks out over my front garden and path and door. My security camera covers the door and path.

I'm reading posts on the Forum and going through reports.

A van drives up at 8.55am. A man walks to the door, I get up. Which takes me a few moments, I get to the door. No man. No van. A card.

We tried to deliver no one at home time 8.55am.

I checked my security camera footage. He walked to the door and threw the card on the ground and walked away.

I tried phoning DHL to ask for an immediate return but of course they could not understand my speech.

So I've had to arrange a another pick up.

I got angry.

•  

Megan.

Grrrr,  that's so annoying! I'd complain,  not only to DHL,  but whoever you brought the computer from,  they'll want to know their customers are being treated badly.
A nice public Facebook post works wonders these days [emoji6]

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk
  •  

Valkyrie_2

DHL is a facilitator, not a delivery company. They hire independent contractors to do the deliveries and insist they paint their vans in dhl colors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Valkyrie_2 on August 31, 2017, 09:04:28 AM
DHL is a facilitator, not a delivery company. They hire independent contractors to do the deliveries and insist they paint their vans in dhl colors.

Megan, is correct in her suggested course of action. Complaints should be made to both companies. If you do not report bad service, they are not aware that there is a problem.

Cindy, it is a frustrating shame to have such poor services being given especially with an important high dollar item. I would retain the video footage if possible. The make that written formal complaint to both companies holding none of your disappointment with the poor service back. Let them know exactly how you feel and provide all of the facts. But of course do it as the professional you are. Venting and ranting to us may make you feel a little better but it does not solve anything.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Valkyrie_2

Quote from: Laurie on August 31, 2017, 09:52:31 AM
   I do not know where you live, Valkyrie_2, but what you say is certainly not true here in the USA. UPS is a vast company with vast resources and the do want to know when their customers are not getting the services they are entitled to.
Laurie, it's DHL, not UPS. DHL hires everything and owns nothing. It's their way of life.

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Valkyrie_2 on August 31, 2017, 11:07:43 AM
Laurie, it's DHL, not UPS. DHL hires everything and owns nothing. It's their way of life.

You are correct Valkyrie_2. I apologize.  I did have the two confused in my mind. I have much confusion up there  lately, I should probably keep my thoughts to myself so I can keep my foot out of my mouth.

I removed  my mistake from my post to avoid further embarrassment.

Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

AnneK

I've had similar from the post office on a couple of occasions.  One time, when I was working the evening shift, the mail man left a card, with a late morning time, stating no answer.  Well, I was home all day and my buzzer never went off.  Another time, I was actually tracking the shipment, on the post office web site.  I could see what time it was loaded on the truck etc.  Then I saw an attempted delivery with no response.  I spent that entire morning at my desk, which is in a room right next to my front door and never heard a thing.  My dog also didn't notice anything and she'd always bark when someone came to the door.
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

DawnOday

DHL sucks but it delivers a large portion of airfreight from China and far east. At least you are getting  it delivered it is just a matter of time. I know when I had to use them, I had to go to their terminal 25 miles away.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

AnneK

Quote from: DawnOday on August 31, 2017, 01:56:33 PM
DHL sucks but it delivers a large portion of airfreight from China and far east. At least you are getting  it delivered it is just a matter of time. I know when I had to use them, I had to go to their terminal 25 miles away.

Living near Toronto's main airport, I have all the main couriers a short drive away.  DHL is about 2 miles up the road.
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

ainsley

DHL sucks.  I actually had a driver call me one night on the day he was supposed to deliver an elliptical I purchased online.  It was about 8pm.  He started complaining how far off the highway it was to my house and asked if I would meet him 15 miles away from my house because it was so late, and blah blah blah.  I was like "Hell no".  I made him drive the whole way.  The audacity!  I now cringe whenever I order something for delivery and the tracking says DHL.
Some people say I'm apathetic, but I don't care.

Wonder Twin Powers Activate!
Shape of A GIRL!
  •  

Valkyrie_2

I used to work for DHL. I trained as a Customs Entry Processor and then got fired purely because the bitch managing my department took a personal dislike to me! She even apparently admitted it later.

•  

Ashley3

Quote from: Cindy on August 31, 2017, 04:45:00 AM
I checked my security camera footage. He walked to the door and threw the card on the ground and walked away.

Hmmm... with a little editing, music... I sense there's a funny YouTube video in all this. :D
  •  

Valkyrie_2

Quote from: Ashley3 on August 31, 2017, 06:49:39 PM
Hmmm... with a little editing, music... I sense there's a funny YouTube video in all this. :D
Actually, it sounds like a good Facebook post... this is how DHL delivers and a photo of the note with the video.

•  

Cindy

What a difference a day makes.

This time a man arrives at the door with a crate and not a card. He evens knows my name and the crate is marked with a large yellow sticker saying "Ring the Door Bell and Wait. Customer is at home."
  •  

Ashley3

Quote from: Cindy on August 31, 2017, 07:30:19 PM
What a difference a day makes. ... This time a man arrives at the door with a crate ... knows my name and the crate is marked with ... sticker saying "Ring the Door Bell and Wait. Customer is at home."
Quote from: Valkyrie_2 on August 31, 2017, 07:11:19 PM
Actually, it sounds like a good Facebook post... this is how DHL delivers and a photo of the note with the video. ...
:) ... or maybe a top customer service person there is an avid Susan.org reader and took action. ;)

(Congrats on the successful delivery btw!)

•