Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

faceapp and other gender change apps

Started by Bari Jo, September 04, 2017, 04:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jill610

Quote from: Bari Jo on September 05, 2017, 10:08:20 AM

And Jill, you are a beauty for sure!

I guess I'll find out in a year or so but would be happy with anything resembling that result.

•  

rmaddy

Quote from: MeTonie on September 05, 2017, 04:34:11 AM
Maybe I will too put a FaceApp pic as avatar. :D

How about this pic?

https://imgur.com/a/gzpyw

I don't have a beard yet. September 28'th is my appointment with my psychiatrist. I hope she will send my letter to the gender therapist.

Good look on you dude.  Best of luck!
  •  

Lady Sarah

Another good app is hashface. That's what I used for my avatar. It even has an option for making me 30 years younger, but that would be farfetched.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016
  •  

Serana95

Quote from: Roll on September 04, 2017, 11:15:18 PM

https://imgur.com/jm41Jpl
That is mine, I love it so much. Well, except for m stupid nose. Everyone says I never broke it, but there is no way I didn't. I even know when it happened, but people keep saying I'm crazy. (I slammed my face into the pavement when I was a kid, have a fake tooth and everything from it.)
Your nose is beautiful. It's very feminine.

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Tapatalk

•  

Roll

That is just a flattering angle on it, unfortunately. From a 3/4 or profile it has a ridge, is a little bit crooked going down to the nostrils, and then there is a bone(cartilage anyway) "spur in one of the nostrils that was definitely not there in my younger pictures, as if during my mysterious break-that-never-happened a chunk of the cartilage was chipped and pushed out weird. If I smile it also really over exaggerates the nostrils in a weird way so I always wind up doing this half-/toothless smiles.

Though admittedly, I've been told my nose is fine by a number of people so I'm fully aware this might just be that feature I see as a million times than everyone else. :D (Except the smile part, people are forced to admit that one.)
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

meatwagon

is there anything like this for pc, or just a website that does something similar?  i don't have a smartphone, so apps are of little use to me.  but it looks like it'd be fun to try.
  •  

Roll

You could run an android emulator and grab faceapp on it. I used to use one called Bluestacks that was okay.
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Jessica

I used FaceApp for my avatar.  It is very close to the original.
Made me feel confident I can be pretty.  Just need to shave my mustache off.  My wife has been daring me to do it.
Hugs, Jessica 💁

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Bari Jo

Yes, no kidding about the confidence!  I'm going to update my avatar pic every couple weeks or so.  If I can look close to this, I will be one happy girl indeed!
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

meatwagon

Quote from: Roll on September 09, 2017, 05:28:59 PM
You could run an android emulator and grab faceapp on it. I used to use one called Bluestacks that was okay.
do you know if you have to have a webcam for it to work on PC?  i downloaded it, but couldn't find any instructions for how to get the photos.  the phone version uses what's on your device, but i don't see a way to upload images from my computer to the app.  i could just be missing something, but if it requires a webcam, i guess i'm out of luck for now.

Edit: ok never mind, i figured out i have to upload pics to bluestacks instead of directly to the app.  now if i could just figure out how to make it let me actually see the whole pic and not just a preview...
  •  

Sam79

I have to be honest, when I first played around with Face app I was sceptical about the output. The thing is when I use the "old" function I look so much like my father it's uncanny. I'll have a play around with it and post my results when I get chance. By the way I won't show my "male" images just in case, I'm not out to anyone yet bar my wife.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

•  

MeTony

I look like my grandfather. Lucky me I don't look like my dad. Hate is a stong word. But unforgiven is better.
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Sam79 on September 20, 2017, 05:31:32 AM
I have to be honest, when I first played around with Face app I was sceptical about the output. The thing is when I use the "old" function I look so much like my father it's uncanny. I'll have a play around with it and post my results when I get chance. By the way I won't show my "male" images just in case, I'm not out to anyone yet bar my wife.

That's ultimately what sold me, family resemblances using many of the other filters were just too exact to be coincidental. Whatever it is doing is simple, but effective and at least to some degree accurate.
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

meatwagon

i never could get faceapp to work all the way for some reason, but i found hashface is free and has most of the same filters.  i know it's just an app and nothing to take too seriously, but i was actually pretty startled by what i saw... and i may or may not have teared up just a tiny bit.  i used to think i had no chance of ever passing, even with treatment, but seeing how such small changes can make such a big difference at least makes me more hopeful.

and echoing the family resemblance thing: i came out looking almost exactly like my brother with the "male" filter, and when i put that through the "female" filter, i got a spitting image of my sister.  using a different photo, it slapped a beard on me and i was looking at my dad.  crazy stuff.  now i'm hooked on playing with it, though.
  •  

Sam79

Quote from: Sam79 on September 20, 2017, 05:31:32 AM

So below are my mtf Face app pics, I'll admit I've cheated a little; top left is full make up and wig, same for top right. Bottom two are wig, a little eye make up and some beard cover. What do you guys think? xx

•  

lilcuddlymouse

What's strange is I've had faceapp on my phone for nearly 2 years and I've never been able to get a great picture out of it, but I decided to mess with it again after reading through this thread.

I think the picture looks decent and it seems sort of a cross between my paternal aunt and my mother.
HRT started: 27 July 2017
  •  

Roll

You both look amazing!

I'm trying to get a good picture with my new wig, but it's doing more harm than good. The app wants to make it all weird and poof out.

A quick comparison between faceapp and hashface: The basic filters are seemingly identical in every way. So beyond that, faceapp has no ads, while hashface is loaded with them so faceapp wins there. Though hashface has an additional feature which is nice that is a slider bar for the effect intensity, which allows you to really get a good look at what the filter is changing.

In the case of the picture I posted, as I changed the intensity I could see that literally all it did was blur out beard shadow (a general makeup effect), raise eyebrows, shave a tiny bit off the left cheek line, raise hairline a smidge, and add the hair. (Which means that in theory I could reproduce the picture for real with electrolysis, brow shaping, combo of weight loss and HRT (probably not even FFS for as little as it did) as if I pull the skin tight it sits about where the picture goes to anyway, and then grow out hair. The hairline would be the only issue that would require FFS, though I imagine that there are tricks to this I'm not aware of, or simply opting for a hair style that makes it a moot point.
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Sam79

Quote from: Roll on September 21, 2017, 09:15:45 AM
You both look amazing!

I'm trying to get a good picture with my new wig, but it's doing more harm than good. The app wants to make it all weird and poof out.

A quick comparison between faceapp and hashface: The basic filters are seemingly identical in every way. So beyond that, faceapp has no ads, while hashface is loaded with them so faceapp wins there. Though hashface has an additional feature which is nice that is a slider bar for the effect intensity, which allows you to really get a good look at what the filter is changing.

In the case of the picture I posted, as I changed the intensity I could see that literally all it did was blur out beard shadow (a general makeup effect), raise eyebrows, shave a tiny bit off the left cheek line, raise hairline a smidge, and add the hair. (Which means that in theory I could reproduce the picture for real with electrolysis, brow shaping, combo of weight loss and HRT (probably not even FFS for as little as it did) as if I pull the skin tight it sits about where the picture goes to anyway, and then grow out hair. The hairline would be the only issue that would require FFS, though I imagine that there are tricks to this I'm not aware of, or simply opting for a hair style that makes it a moot point.
Thank you so much. I think I may well use one as my avatar. xx

•  

Roll

If we get a vote, I say bottom right! You just look so happy, it's nice. :)
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

lilcuddlymouse

Quote from: Roll on September 21, 2017, 09:15:45 AM
You both look amazing!

Unfortunately for me I think it provides a little false hope. It adds quite a bit of fat to my face, which while not impossible I am not going to expect a great deal of difference there. I also have somewhere between a 5v and 3v on the norwood scale to contend with. Luckily for me my hair seems to respond very well to HRT as it's sprouting like weeds in places I haven't had any hair for years. I've been messing with getting more feminine eyebrows for years  and can never get the shape just right because I try to keep my alterations as minimal as possible but the pictures faceapp makes gives a pretty good idea of where to pluck from.
HRT started: 27 July 2017
  •