Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

faceapp and other gender change apps

Started by Bari Jo, September 04, 2017, 04:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassi

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Roll on February 27, 2018, 09:49:31 PM
I was bored and playing with it again earlier (because it's like really good time travel) and this is what I got:

Bottom left original, top left female 1, top right female 1 with hollywood, bottom right female 1 with glasses.

So. It's been a while, but I thought I'd revisit this thread to test Faceapp's accuracy. The above pictures were taken at 2 months. The filters are listed in the quote. Here is a few seconds ago, trying to use the same angle and same level of smile (ie: not relying on my much more puffy cheeks now! ;D). Worth noting that the app reads me as female even without the wig now.

Just under 8 months, zero makeup, haven't shaved in about 36 hours:

Not quite to the filtered pictures, but honestly... I think it's getting close.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Rafaelle

https://imgur.com/a/bmJN6zB
done with faceapp, if I become like that in the end I will be ecstatic lol
  •  

Roll

~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Roll

Also,whoa. Just looked at my own above. Feb, August, and my current profile pic now in oct...  thats...  different.
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

ikbeneenkat

•  

randim

No a related note.... Any opinions on the apps out there that let you take a selfie and try different hairstyles? I have been playing a bit with an iPhone app, and I have to say it's sobering. I am somewhat, ah, mannish shall we say. I hope the app just does a poor job.
  •  

Roll

Those hairstyle apps are bad unfortunately, virtually impossible to get a realistic effect from them
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Lynne

I was hesitant to try FaceApp but I was curious to see how I would look with blond hair. And then I started playing with it a little more... A few hours and more than a hundred pictures later, I think I have fallen in love with my blond, adept at makeup and smiling self. I almost cried at some of the results because it did not change much but the overall difference is huge, and O M G that girl on those pictures looks like fun, I want to be her! I like my dark hair but becoming a blond would do me good I think, I was too serious for too long.

Edit: Looking at these pictures makes me laugh so hard, I would never have thought that I could look like a blond mindless bimbo, it would be a great contrast to the serious software developer I supposedly am :D
  •  

Auser

This FaceApp is maybe heavily exaggerating what I'd look like as a girl  :laugh:

•  

MeTony

Played around with face app.

This is how I look as a guy and a woman. The beard was just added. Funny thing though. I look like my sister in the woman pics. The woman pics have changed me a lot. They don't look like me at all. Original upper left.

Face app is fun. But I guess it can show you a goal, where you want to go.

•  

Melinda@heart

I tried Faceapp and the results were amusing. It literally made me look like a baby.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

•  

Roll

Quote from: Auser on November 28, 2018, 11:00:49 PM
This FaceApp is maybe heavily exaggerating what I'd look like as a girl  :laugh:

Some of the results would probably require FFS, but honestly as long as it's applying the algorithm as intended (ie: it caught the right facial points to begin with and didn't radically distort things ;D) I don't think I've seen anything from it I consider out of reach.
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Faith

these are 2 faceapp, one from a January photo and one from an April photo. One photo untouched from November

I'm getting there, I think. Just give me a little more time
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Linde

Quote from: Faith on December 01, 2018, 05:26:42 PM
these are 2 faceapp, one from a January photo and one from an April photo. One photo untouched from November

I'm getting there, I think. Just give me a little more time
You are sure getting there.  It seems as if the light plays a big rolle with the skin appearance.  The middle picture is way darker than the last one, and if the light would be reduced, it would be much closer!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

GingerVicki

I believe I failed the app or the app failed me LOL. I am not seeing any changes.
I'm on the left.
  •  

Faith

Quote from: GingerVicki on December 01, 2018, 07:54:37 PM
I believe I failed the app or the app failed me LOL. I am not seeing any changes.
I'm on the left.

the change is there, I can see it. It's minimal because in that photo there was very little change necessary .. none really.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

GingerVicki

•  

I Am Jess

I guess I've reached the point where using the app is almost useless.  There is a little bit of a difference in some of the pics but it's mostly just softening the age.  I'm only wearing eye and lip makeup in my original picture.  There is a bit of a difference in the bottom right "young" picture.  Kinda makes me wish I had started my transition sooner...:(

Follow my life's adventures on Instagram - @jessieleeannmcgrath
  •  

barbie

It seems to me that FaceApp gender change works better for Asian faces, but I am not quite sure.

This one, female 2, makes my face look greatly rounder.

The second one, female, does not change the overall shape so much, but basically brightens my hair, eyebrow and face colors.

Of course, both attach very feminine eyelashes.

I do not think any HRT would make me look like either one. I am realistic.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •