Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Electrolysis ... & PROPER pain prevention ...

Started by Annecy, May 28, 2017, 10:02:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyMichele

Quote from: Laurie on September 06, 2017, 04:02:05 PM
Has anyone  noticed a very slight electrical ummm taste when getting electrolysis?

laurie
No, but I'm going tomorrow and will keep that in mind.
  •  

Dena

Quote from: MyMichele on September 06, 2017, 05:19:37 PM
This is exactly what it was. Each "zap" was more like a long pulse and she would do it up to 4 times for each hair.  I felt like it was going into my brain.  Kinda like a novacain injection, but for every single hair. Then she'd pluck it out anyway.  The machine clearly was not good enough for thick terminal hairs.

I thought at the time "this is how electrolysis is, just deal with it". I had her do my entire upper lip and most of the front of my chin in one 2 hour session.  My upper lip looked like Marge Simpson's for 3 days.  I had to call out sick for work it looked so bad. I also had so many tears coming out of my eyes that a bunch went down into my ear canal and caused more problems that the ENT had to take care of.

Nightmare!
It's not so much the machine as the operator. My facial hair was removed with a 40 year old blend machine and only occasionally did I feel a stubborn hair being tugged. If the hair didn't come out, my operator would cook it a bit longer and then the hair would slide out. Modern machines should be at least as good as the ones used on me if not better but one of the secrets is the proper setting on the machine. Setting vary from person to person and may also vary depending on the part of the body being treated.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •