Started by Megan., October 12, 2017, 01:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devlyn

Megan lived down in Nantucket
Where she kept all her cheese in a bucket
Her thread paid homage
To our good friend fromage
Ugh, that doesn't rhyme so fu...

Oh, hey, look at the time, I have to run.  >:-)
  •  

Anne Blake

Megan,

A fun question but I admit to needing some help. I have always liked a range of cheeses for different applications; sharp cheddars for their bite, smooth Swiss, blue, Pepper jack......the list goes on. Lately we have been adding in some goat cheeses and some tangier cheese well beyond the traditional blue to go with wine and crackers or mixed into salads or topping lighter pizzas....Any suggestions accompanied with some sort of description of what characteristic that makes them remarkable?

Sorry if I am distorting your thread, I will retract the query if it is infringing.
Anne
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Anne Blake on October 12, 2017, 08:26:54 PM
Megan,

A fun question but I admit to needing some help. I have always liked a range of cheeses for different applications; sharp cheddars for their bite, smooth Swiss, blue, Pepper jack......the list goes on. Lately we have been adding in some goat cheeses and some tangier cheese well beyond the traditional blue to go with wine and crackers or mixed into salads or topping lighter pizzas....Any suggestions accompanied with some sort of description of what characteristic that makes them remarkable?

Hrrrm, let's see... Well, how about Gruyere, the go to cheese for French dishes despite it's decidedly non-French origin. It is a smooth, somewhat buttery cheese that just is amazing melted in the oven. When combined with some creme fraiche it is the "sauce" that makes a croque monsieur the king of sandwiches. Also, I prefer it over Reblochon (overrated brie that it is) for a non-traditional Tartiflette (in other words, cheese over potatoes = yum). Stepping away from the french cuisine, it also makes a crazy good truffle mac' and cheese (top with a bit of panko!).
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Dena

The Dry Monterey Jack is similar to a sharp cheddar cheese though I think the flavor is a bit more complex. If you want to nibble on it, it's best at room temperature and sliced as thin as you can. When it's cold the flavor isn't released as fast where as at room temperature it deliver a burst of flavor. It has somewhat of an odor that a few may have issues with but once it's in your mouth, all is forgive.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Megan.

The strength of a good mature Stilton is the attraction. I like a cheese that makes my gums recede when I eat it. [emoji4]

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Megan.

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on October 12, 2017, 06:39:46 PM
Megan lived down in Nantucket
Where she kept all her cheese in a bucket
Her thread paid homage
To our good friend fromage
Ugh, that doesn't rhyme so fu...

Oh, hey, look at the time, I have to run.  >:-)
I thought the witness protection program had erased all records!

How did you find out about Nantucket?

Who sent you here?

I have a very particular set of skills...

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk
  •  

Dayta

Brillat-Savarin is our official couple's cheese, and is the closest thing to eating a cloud that I've ever had.  As far as I can tell the only thing it's really good for is to eat it, but it's REALLY good at that.  If you've never tried it, we are not going to be able to count or validate your comments here.  Yes, it's THAT good. 

Erin

•  

V M

Pick a favorite cheese? Awk!!! What an apocalyptic question
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •