Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Trans friendly bathroom sign

Started by Bari Jo, September 17, 2017, 10:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bari Jo

Hey folks in renovating my gallery and part of it is I'm replacing the bathroom sign which was men/women sign together, which was very utilitarian.  The gallery now is like a gentlemens library, Victorian with gold stencil, wood molding, tin ceiling, you get the picture.  I want to make a trans friendly bathroom sign for this style.  Any ideas?
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

Dena

If you have access to a wood engraving machine, how about the modern design of half woman half man except use characters in victorian dress instead of the stick figures. The woman in a fine long dress and the man in a suit with a mustache and top hat. If you don't have access to a wood engraving machine, possibly a local shop can turn one out for you. In the near future, I might be able to get time on laser cutter but I'm not sure about that right now.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Bari Jo

Quote from: Dena on September 17, 2017, 11:33:40 PM
If you have access to a wood engraving machine

Funny you should mention that.  I designed and built a six axis cnc machine that's in my garage.  It's one of the tools I use for art.  I'm thinking of having a sign that hangs off the wall on an arm, maybe a banner?  Not sure yet, any and all ideas of like to hear from everybody.
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

•  

Dena

I had access to a point to point milling machine in college. I loved the thing but haven't had access to one since.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

zirconia

If the gallery is in a Victorian style, why use human figures at all. I believe those were invented much later. WC (in use since circa 1871) or LAVATORY (circa 1864) would be completely gender neutral.
  •  

Bari Jo

•