Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

The Stephanie Chronicles

Started by steph2.0, September 17, 2017, 11:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steph2.0

Quote from: Kendra on January 13, 2018, 01:30:50 PM
I'll probably just add return trip notes to posts for GCS and FFS evals. 

I didn't post for VSRAC (VFS) in Seoul, got that estimate online - I'll post on that when I head to Korea at end of February. 
I hear it is called the quick step

I hope everything comes out ok!

Seriously Kendra, I'm so happy for you! Best wishes for complete success. I'll be watching closely that everything went well!

- Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Jayne01 on January 13, 2018, 01:48:19 AM
I just got caught up, Steph. That diary entry has really highlighted how far you have come. I didn't keep any kind of diary, but I do remember the night I came out to my wife. It has been permanently etched into my memories. Reading your entry reminded me of that night. My reaction of crying (hysterically at times) hyperventilating, barely able to breathe let alone speak, was just the way you described it.

I can't tell you how much you have helped me by sharing your story. You have filled me with hope because we are similar in so many ways, even to the point of describing my wife as part Vulcan. I have never thought to use that to describe her before, but reading your posts made me think that it is fitting. That Vulcan trait has saved my life because she was able to be a rock solid shoulder for me to cry on each and every time I had one of my major meltdowns.

It is a pleasure to be soaring on this journey along side you sister!

Jayne

It's quite a ride, Jayne, but it's so cool that I've met so many great people like you who are on board, too. Keep (almost) all appendages inside the ride at all times.

- Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Bari Jo on January 13, 2018, 06:51:04 AM
I like the idea of keeping a journal.  I envy you for being so disciplined too.  Wow you have come far from your first entry.  I feel like I'm only a little bit from mine.  Time to do some reflection.

Bari Jo

You give me too much credit, Bari Jo. Other than some statistics and a few pictures, that was pretty much my only entry in Day One. Almost everything else ended up here or in Faceplant.

- Stephanie

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Anne Blake on January 12, 2018, 12:18:47 PM
It sure does sound like you have passed some sort of watershed. It is no longer what will I do when someone reads me. It has become, I have a friends plane to check out and then spend some time with the girls. There will be many more times when you melt down and there are several more steps of your list to be either accomplished or dropped off the list. I do believe that you are getting to the point at which Stephanie figures out, not how she is going to transition, but how you are going to live your life as the true you.

I, for one, look forward to watching that story play out.
Love you sister,
Tia Anne

Wow, thanks Tia. You do understand that those of you who go before me are like rock stars to this groupie, right? Sometimes I'm in awe that I can actually just have a normal conversation with all of you, even if the subject matter isn't particularly normal. It really does emphasize that we're all just ordinary people caught up in extraordinary circumstances.

It would be so cool to meet each one of you in person and exchange hugs. I know it'll happen some day.

- Stephanie

•  

Anne Blake

Stephanie,

Rock stars, not by any means. "It really does emphasize that we're all just ordinary people caught up in extraordinary circumstances.", yes, I can buy into this......but even this is a huge step to finally be able to consider myself "just ordinary people" rather than the twisted freak that I felt myself to be for so many years.

And yes, I do look forward to sharing some time over a cup of coffee with you someday, discussing the magic of life! I am still hoping to get out your way next fall.

Tia Anne, your just ordinary sister with an amazing journey!
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Steph2.0 on January 13, 2018, 01:06:21 PM
Hmmm. All I see is the total number of posts, which I just incremented again with this one. It doesn't seem to say what number any particular post is.

But it's ok. It's still an amazing coincidence. Believe me, I didn't plan it. How much scheming can you do from the top of a fridge?

- Stephanie

You can count the number of posts from your most current post in your post history back to but not including   that one and subtract from your total posts number and it should be 1000. But it would have been easier if you had just looked at your total when you made the post like Kendra did.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

steph2.0

Squeeeeee moments this morning: Cassie and I are on a road trip in Southern Florida, and went to the hotel breakfast room this morning. A nice old Spanish gentleman was running everything and greeted me with, "Good morning senorita! Would you like a waffle?" How could I say no?

Later he stopped by our table. "Chicas Bonitas! Amigas, or friends? Everything good?"

Si!!! Muy bueno!!!

What's Spanish for SQUEEEEEEE!?

- Stephanie

•  

Kendra

Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Kendra on January 14, 2018, 11:35:04 AM
Squeeeeeeñorita!

[emoji526][emoji1302]🤣[emoji23][emoji38]🤪[emoji81]🤦🏼‍♀️

Can't...  Catch... Breath!!

Whooooo...

We were eating lunch when I read this. I think there's a strawberry lodged in my sinuses.

That's it. Kendra wins Susan's Place.

Stephansqueee

•  

LizK

Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Steph2.0 on January 14, 2018, 10:01:03 AM
Squeeeeee moments this morning: Cassie and I are on a road trip in Southern Florida, and went to the hotel breakfast room this morning. A nice old Spanish gentleman was running everything and greeted me with, "Good morning senorita! Would you like a waffle?" How could I say no?

Later he stopped by our table. "Chicas Bonitas! Amigas, or friends? Everything good?"

Si!!! Muy bueno!!!

What's Spanish for SQUEEEEEEE!?

- Stephanie

Nothing like an early morning ego boost to set you along your day in the right way... ;D
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Jayne01

Quote from: Kendra on January 14, 2018, 11:35:04 AM
Squeeeeeeñorita!
Awesome! I love it.

Sounds like a fun road trip. How about some photos?

Jayne
  •  

Anne Blake

I will add Devlyn's comment to that. It ain't real till we get the pictures!
  •  

steph2.0

You want pictures? We gots pictures!

Well, we have A picture. Cassie may have others to share if she decides to tell you the main reason for the trip. I just went along for moral support, despite my inherent immorality. We saw your comments when we got back from the trip. After I rested up at Cassie's Casa, as I packed up to head back to Stephanie Manor, I grabbed a shot of the travelers.

Part of the trip included shopping(!) and you can see me wearing my new "Rhapsody Scarf."

Most of the trip was just awesome, though there were a few sour notes. I've seen not-so-veiled references that I post too much about my meltdowns, so I'll just say I had a rough time of it at one point and leave it at that. If anyone really wants details I can spill the ugly details in a PM. I'm mostly recovered now.

It's good to be home, but it was also very good to spend time with my new sister and best friend Cassie. Like hanging out with you all, it's so good to talk in depth with someone who really gets it, with the added benefit of IRL therapeutic hugs from someone who can pass the Kleenex box in a timely manner.

I hope to do another trip like that again sometime.

- Stephanie

•  

Kendra

Great photo!  Two sweet gals there - glad you got to see Cassie.

Quote from: Steph2.0 on January 15, 2018, 08:32:33 PM
> Part of the trip included shopping(!) and you can see me wearing my new "Rhapsody Scarf."
I'll note the musical scarf reminds me of Gershwin's best composition, Rhapsody in Blue Jeans. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Jayne01

Glad you had a good trip. You're both looking good.

Jayne
  •  

Laurie

Both of you are looking good there but why is Cassie still in pajamas? Glad you two returned from this mysterious trip safe and sound. Did you two scarf down some delectable delights on the trip?
  And oh if you feel like being a drama queen about something then my dear do so.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Steph2.0 on January 15, 2018, 08:32:33 PM
Most of the trip was just awesome, though there were a few sour notes. I've seen not-so-veiled references that I post too much about my meltdowns, so I'll just say I had a rough time of it at one point and leave it at that. If anyone really wants details I can spill the ugly details in a PM. I'm mostly recovered now.

I've been encouraged behind the curtain to fill in the details of not just the above stuff, but also the rest of the trip. I realized, hey, what the heck, this is my thread and these are my stories. Read 'em or not.

Cassie had some personal stuff she needed to handle in southern FL, and asked if I'd go with her to act as a sympathetic ear and provide a shoulder to cry on if necessary (even if it meant bending way down to my level). Of course I went. There was never any question of it.

So I packed up on Friday, and way too early on Saturday jumped in the rollerskate and drove to her place, where we transferred  to her behemoth and headed south. On the way we stopped at a Starbucks, which I'm embarrassed to admit, as a small-town, frugal chick, I had never been in before. The coffee was good, and the breakfast sandwich was awesome, but how pretentious is "Tall," "Grande," and "Venti" for sizes? Sheesh. But hey, we were properly gendered, so no complaints. Back on the road.

About 2 1/2 hours later we arrived at the hotel in our destination. After a little negotiating they let us check into the room early, and I set up camp while Cassie got ready for her appointment. I had been thinking about walking out for something to eat while she was gone, but for some reason I got cold feet and just dozed and caught up with various forums, including this one, while she was gone for 2 1/2 hours. She came back with encouraging news, and there was some ocular leakage of the positive kind, then some quiet time to gather wits before we headed out to meet an old friend of hers for dinner.

E was a pretty cool dude, completely accepting of our transitions, and had tons of stories to tell about misadventures he and Cassie had experienced in the past. We had a great meal and talked until after 11pm. Back to the hotel, more girl talk until after 1 am, then collapse for the night.

Next morning started out as I'd already written, being called Chicas Bonitas by the kind old gentleman running the breakfast room. Time to pack up and... shop shop shop! Cassie's mission was to find a dress for a wedding, and I was just tagging along, but had a mental list of things I wanted to scout for. And no matter where we stopped, she walked out empty handed, and I bought something for myself. Got myself a new purse, some slacks that I'll need for an upcoming funeral, and my first pair of skinny jeans.

Lunch time at TooJays. Standing in line I saw a weird sign, and wondered what else they sold besides food:

The waitress took the orders from the ladies with no issues. The place had tables around the periphery, with a long padded bench for people to sit on on the wall side of the table, which meant you had someone sitting right next to you at the next table. And the ladies who came in and sat to our left gave us smiles as they settled in.

It was time to head back in the general direction of Cassie Casa. We stopped in to a gas station for snacks and drinks, and I took my stuff up to the check out. And the kid behind the counter misgendered me. WTF? What did he see that nobody else did? He seemed friendly and helpful, but gave me a "thank you, sir" as I hit the door. I was already halfway out when I realized what had happened. At this point I was more bemused than anything else. It planted the seed of doubt though, that maybe everybody else we'd encountered was just being nice to the short guy pretending to be a girl. It was just a seed, though, and not a big deal yet.

We had one more mission before getting to the end of the route. We had to meet someone and trade Cassie's truck for their car so they could use it to help a friend move. We met them in a store, they introduced themselves, and... I introduced myself as Steve. I leaned on Cassie in shock and disbelief. It was bad, but not as bad as the knowledge that this was the second time I'd done that to myself in one week.

What the Hell did I do? What does it mean? My only conclusion was that, despite all the effort to change my name on every piece of paperwork, every website, every possible communication; all the effort I'd been making to try to get everyone around me to understand and believe I am now Stephanie Rhapsody Bensinger... I don't actually believe it myself. This realization provided the fertilizer for the earlier doubt started by the misgendering to grow.

We hit another store, and Cassie finally found some dresses. I also found one that was a lot like one that Cassie has, with vertical panels that emphasize the hourglass shape, that she looks stunning in. I decided to give it a try - and I looked ridiculous. It was sleeveless, so my shoulders stuck out, and the panels just didn't do anything for me. Knowing how good Cassie looked in essentially the same dress just added to my insecurity.

With the misgendering, self-deadnaming, and now loss of confidence in my progress with HRT, by the time we got to Cassie's place, I was circling the drain.

We went in, got hot beverages and sat in front of the fire, and I slid into meltdown mode. This time it was Cassie's turn to be the strong one. Lots more talking, ocular leakage, and hugs, and it was time to crash, with the sure knowledge that my Kleenex stock just had another uptick.

I have no cause or resolution to the problem, but I washed a good portion of the pain out with the leakage, and felt somewhat better in the morning. Cassie cooked breakfast in her jammies and we sat and talked around the fire, telling secrets and offering thoughts and advice on anything and everything, until I realized it was almost 3pm and I really needed to get home. I threw the luggage in the skate, and we grabbed the picture you've already seen, and after hugs I was off to the Bensinger compound.

So now it's back to reality. I'm still deeply disturbed by deadnaming myself multiple times, and I don't know what to do about it. It feels especially awkward now to enforce names and pronouns on other people when I don't believe it myself. I'm kind of twisting in the wind. Though I admit that I did correct one of my neighbors with "she" when he got it wrong. He smiled and told me it was going to take him a long time to get it right. I smiled back and told him that's fine, but I was going to continue correcting him until then.

Despite the fact that I'm still pretty rattled by this latest realization, on balance it was a pretty good trip. Just getting away with someone who gets it and doesn't get tired of hearing about it as the muggles do is very therapeutic. So, to paraphrase Ashley, On We Plod...

Stephanie

•  

Michelle_P

I'm sorry you had that experience, Stephanie.  I think it takes a while for our reptilian hindbrain to catch up on our new self-image, as in Nature we don't really change much or with any speed in adulthood, and it isn't very good about absorbing big, rapid change like HRT and gender presentation changes can bring about.

It feeds miscues into us, and once we goof, that self-questioning part of our mind, the Doubt Monster, is reawakened and hungry to chew on us once again. Again, it takes time to get the Doubt Monster shrunk down to the Doubt Chihuahua, and to develop the firmly seated actualized gender identity that would let us laugh it off.

It takes time.  Patience is in short supply, yet what we need most in transition to wait out days like this one.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •