Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Things you've accomplished in 2018 transition-wise?

Started by PurpleWolf, March 01, 2018, 09:49:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyLauren

Quote from: Allison S on December 22, 2018, 10:08:24 AM
By second-hand do you mean like Marshall's?  Or thrift shops?  I definitely need to check out both I've just been pretty lazy lately.  I need rain/snow boots and nice heels.

I am not sure what Marshall's is. 

We have several shops that sell high-end second-hand clothes.  They get them from faculty women at the university, and female officers and officers' wives at the air force base, who will get something fancy for a party, but can don't want to be seen twice in the same outfit.  One of the stores specializes in importing antique clothes from England.  The prices are higher than thrift shop clothes, but a tiny fraction of what you would pay for "nice" clothes new.

This is just a piddly little town, so I am sure that you can find similar stores in most cities.

[Edit:]  I looked up Marshall's: we have it in Canada.  It looks like they sell leftover new stock from other retailers, at a discount.  The stores I am thinking of sell pre-owned clothes.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Allison,

There consignment shops, resell shops, some factory outlet stores (I usually do not find bargains there often), eBay, service organization donated good stores, stores that are indeed labeled as thrift stores, and the stores that buy closeout clothing lines, or end of season inventory leftovers, or liquidation sale lots - these all can be good sources to save on purchases.

Nordstom Rack is a chain that may have some values for you as well as the traditional clearance racks at many retailers.

One other place to check out are organizations that help people obtain employment.  In some larger communities they supply clothing at low cost or even free to women and men who wish to interview for jobs but cannot afford to buy business attire.  New York has a "Dress for Success" store where people can donate or obtain clothes for that purpose. 

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

TonyaW

The biggie would be legal name change in March and all the documents updated with name and gender, except gender on birth certificate, WI wont do that without GCS.

What else?

Got in my year of full time.

Learned I can't take medroxyprogesterone. So far so good on 2 weeks of micronized progesterone though.

Haven't shaved upper lip in about 2 months. 

Lost 30 pounds.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

SophiaBleu

Things I accomplished in 2018: Hrt at stable levels. Orchiectomy in July. Started the process for GCS. GCS is coming up in April. Then I will have to work on my voice and electrolysis.
They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority.
              Gerald Massey

•  

fleurgirl

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on March 01, 2018, 04:33:58 PM
To go along with my posting about an hour ago.... here is a picture of me at my work today...  I am getting way too much attention from my suitor guy... he came back into my office just about a half hour ago wondering if I will go to dinner with him.........

Now, what to do next!! ??? :icon_help:

You are stunning <3
  •  

Kate.claire

2018 was a busy year for so many of you.  I'll add to the list,  started therapy,  went to Esprit for the first time after going to Southern Comfort previous years.  Got honest with myself about which girls I tended to be more aligned with,  came home,  panicked about getting old and missing out on years of being myself,  started HRT in September.  Currently sitting at 5 months looking for any real physical signs of progress, trying to be patient,  and cursing my itchy areolas!
Kate Carter

"I'm on outside, I'm on the outside now"

•  

Bobbie LeAnn

I legally became Bobbie LeAnn M**** sex female on October 2, 2018
Got my new birth certificate with correct new name AND sex (they sealed my old birth certificate).
As of today it has been 2 years, 3 months, 3 weeks, 1 day since I started this new life and I have never been happier.

P.S. I also updated my Drivers licence, Social Security card, Health and Auto Insurance, Bank account, and everything else with my new name and sex.
Now if I could only find a way to lose this tiny appendage that causes me so much dysphoria. 

Love
Bobbie LeAnn

•