News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Yes, I'm Transsexual

Started by CynthiaAnn, March 16, 2019, 09:51:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CynthiaAnn

Transsexual

I know it's only a word, that word used to haunt me. I recall a time when I avoided using that word, I could not face the truth of that word at one time. That word seemed distant, even though I knew exactly what it meant. Thanks to Rene Richards and her fame in the mid 70's, her story was eye opening for me ! I saw her picture on the cover a woman's magazine in her tennis dress on our living room table back then, I was jaw dropped as a teenager.   I read the story over and over, being careful not to let anyone see me. I knew then it was possible. After reading this I would dream of what it would be like to be physically female, these impressions stayed with me over decades. I finally sought therapy in 2010, and when discussing things with my GT, she would ask me how do you "Identify" in so many words, and at first it was "cross dresser", I knew that much, then later it was "transgender" that seemed like the more modern term at this point. But Transsexual I avoided and she pressed me on this, trying to extract my thoughts I'm sure. It would be several years of therapy, HRT, then living full time, and that old word would come back in my head, as I asked her for her blessing in seeking GCS in 2014. It was a done deal in 2016. Transsexual is a word I now embrace, and it's taken a long time for me, but I know that word rings the most true today. Bless you Rene, your journey gave me hope as a youngster.

Proudly Transsexual

Cynthia -

•  

Maid Marion

Hi Cynthia,

Congratulations.  Acceptance starts with yourself!

Marion
  •  

CynthiaAnn

Quote from: Maid Marion on March 16, 2019, 09:55:38 AM
Hi Cynthia,

Congratulations.  Acceptance starts with yourself!

Marion

Hugs Marion  :)

•  

KimOct

Hi Cynthia - I could really relate to every single word of your story.  I was in my teens in the 70s and I was also very impacted by Rene Richards.  So much so I went to our local library and searched out her autobiography. 

Plus our style sense is the same.  :D  Your outfit looks exactly how I dress on a daily basis.  My avatar is me all fixed up.

Thanks for sharing it was very touching for me and I am glad we both got to this place in our lives - it was a LONG journey.
The first transphobe you have to conquer is yourself
  •  

CynthiaAnn

Quote from: KimOct on March 16, 2019, 01:44:36 PM
Hi Cynthia - I could really relate to every single word of your story.  I was in my teens in the 70s and I was also very impacted by Rene Richards.  So much so I went to our local library and searched out her autobiography. 

Plus our style sense is the same.  :D  Your outfit looks exactly how I dress on a daily basis.  My avatar is me all fixed up.

Thanks for sharing it was very touching for me and I am glad we both got to this place in our lives - it was a LONG journey.

Hi Kim ! it's very nice to meet you here :) :) Thanks for sharing a little about yourself in this thread. How awesome to live in these times, and to be able to hear your words on this message board in this topic. I simply wrote the topic for it's "intrinsic therapeutic value of writing". I've seen other posts of yours in the past few days Kim, and have enjoyed catching up here on these forums, been away from Susan's for quite a while...... :)

That's great how Rene's story resonated with you, she is simply amazing and was ahead of her time back then. How cool hearing you researching about her.

The avatar picture I put up here was me at a work location a few months back, I am happy you like it, easy comfy style for sure...

I hope to hear more from you Kim.

Hugs sis

Cynthia

•