Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Becca's HRT Journey

Started by Becca Kay, October 05, 2017, 06:48:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurie

Becca I'm glad you found you a place to live. That's a very good thing, I can understand you being a bit nervous going out in that big city. Your not likely to find me living in one. You'll get used to it though and will be okay. Baby steps girl.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Becca Kay

Last couple of days have been bad.  Dysphoria bad.  Like it's hard to even shave myself in the morning because I can't look at myself.  Going to work every morning as dead name is starting to wear me down again.    And since i moved i've spent all my free time alone.  I'm so lonely.

i've been using skype to talk to my therapist once a week.  it helps but it isn't quite the same. 

I talked to a local clinic last week about getting into one of their trans support groups and i'm still waiting to hear back.  i miss my trans friends from home.  I hat gotten very attached to some of them and to my old support group.  I didn't realize how much the group was helping me until I couldn't go anymore.

•  

Laurie

Classic case of homesickness. take 1 blue pill 3 times a day and call me next month.  That will be $150.00 please.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

PollyQMcLovely

Quote from: Becca Kay on February 27, 2018, 08:00:29 PM
Last couple of days have been bad.  Dysphoria bad.  Like it's hard to even shave myself in the morning because I can't look at myself.  Going to work every morning as dead name is starting to wear me down again.    And since i moved i've spent all my free time alone.  I'm so lonely.

i've been using skype to talk to my therapist once a week.  it helps but it isn't quite the same. 

I talked to a local clinic last week about getting into one of their trans support groups and i'm still waiting to hear back.  i miss my trans friends from home.  I hat gotten very attached to some of them and to my old support group.  I didn't realize how much the group was helping me until I couldn't go anymore.

Mirrors are the worst. I wish I could shave via echolocation like Daredevil.

I remember you recently had like a couple weeks where you were yourself all the time. I'm not at the point where I can comfortably do that. Now whenever I need to leave my apartment I have to remove the clothes that make me happy and replace them with my dreary and boring black shirt and jeans and timberlands boy disguise and it bums me out to no end and my brain has trouble grasping why it needs to be done. I live in the greatest city in the world, NYC, the people here have seen it all. This shouldn't be an issue. I'm sure this feeling of discordance is even more pronounced for you.

I hope you get in that support group and meet a bunch of really nice people.
  •  

Becca Kay

i got accepted into a support group.  I had to do a phone interview and sign a waiver and wait a week and a half for some reason.  And I was warned that everyone in the group is "significantly younger than me."  LOL.  It's been a month now since my last group back at home, before I moved.  I know that group will probably make me feel better.  But I'm nervous.  And scared.  I feel like I did last year when I first started coming out. 

The good thing is that the support group it's at a clinic very close to my house.  Without consciously planning it this way I somehow moved 1,000 away and ended up within walking distance to a Pride Center and a Queer Health care clinic.  Life is funny sometimes. 

I had to postpone until April my FFS consult with Dr Speigel due to a work schedule conflict.  I've also scheduled a consult with Zukowski in Chicago.  The more I think about doing this the more I think it would be better to do it back home in the midwest so I can rely on my family and friends to help me with recovery. 

I may be hanging out with my new boss next week a bit outside the office.  She seems to like me and I get along with her very well.  I think I'm going to come out to her and get her opinion about what my next step should be with coming out at work. 

•  

Becca Kay

i think i should give a bit of an HRT update, since this is an HRT thread.

i've gained 10 lbs since starting HRT.  besides my small but growing breasts the weight is all around my bottom and my upper thighs.  i've never had much of a butt... no butt really.  my legs literally ended where my lower back began.  If you met me today you'd probably think i had no butt now, but it's actually filled out. 

When i measure around my thighs they're several inches more in circumference than they were 6 months ago.  I can't wear my men's skinny jeans and pants anymore.  My women's skinny jeans still fit just fine.

My breasts have been sore since almost the beginning of HRT and they still are.  My nipples for several months were kind of numb.  But now they're super sensitive.  In a good way.  Like if i play with them it's rather arousing.  They've never felt like this before.  They're also a little bigger now.  I have small nipples to begin with, but they've gotten slightly larger, maybe 30%.   

Also my breasts are two different sizes.  LOL. The right one is almost twice the size of the left one. Once i put a bra on it's not noticeable, they are small.  I know this is something women deal with naturally.   But it kind of pisses me off. 

•  

Donna

Quote from: Becca Kay on March 05, 2018, 09:31:35 PM
i think i should give a bit of an HRT update, since this is an HRT thread.

i've gained 10 lbs since starting HRT.  besides my small but growing breasts the weight is all around my bottom and my upper thighs.  i've never had much of a butt... no butt really.  my legs literally ended where my lower back began.  If you met me today you'd probably think i had no butt now, but it's actually filled out. 

When i measure around my thighs they're several inches more in circumference than they were 6 months ago.  I can't wear my men's skinny jeans and pants anymore.  My women's skinny jeans still fit just fine.

My breasts have been sore since almost the beginning of HRT and they still are.  My nipples for several months were kind of numb.  But now they're super sensitive.  In a good way.  Like if i play with them it's rather arousing.  They've never felt like this before.  They're also a little bigger now.  I have small nipples to begin with, but they've gotten slightly larger, maybe 30%.   

Also my breasts are two different sizes.  LOL. The right one is almost twice the size of the left one. Once i put a bra on it's not noticeable, they are small.  I know this is something women deal with naturally.   But it kind of pisses me off.

Give it time for the girls to catch up. They may never be exact but my left was significantly smaller and now they are close to the same   Doing chest exercises helps and I just worked on wall pushes with my left arm more and it's helped balance them out.
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

Becca Kay

this is unexpected. 

i have lost a lot of hair on top of my head. While it's worst in the front i had a bald patch on the crown of my head, a one and a half inch diameter completely bald spot.  it's not bald anymore.  it's very thin, but not a completely bald patch like it has been for years.

little victories!
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Becca Kay on March 09, 2018, 06:54:30 PM
this is unexpected. 

i have lost a lot of hair on top of my head. While it's worst in the front i had a bald patch on the crown of my head, a one and a half inch diameter completely bald spot.  it's not bald anymore.  it's very thin, but not a completely bald patch like it has been for years.

little victories!

That's great!  I was thinking I was going a wee bit overtly happy because my bald spot seems to be getting some thin hairs.  I check out the hair growth stuff Ellie mentioned was at CostCo and will be getting some.  Hopefully, it along with the hair med and HRT I'll grow some back up there.  Mine, what I have, almost covers my really really cute ears :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Becca Kay

It's been a month since I moved.  I've started to look for a new therapist and it's starting to really get me down.  the hourly rates here are several times more (at least) than what i was paying at home.  I have seen the same therapist for 5+ years and the thought of having to start over with another one was already stressing me out.  But now the idea of paying so much makes me wonder whether i'll even be able to.

I went to the new support group this week.  I've only ever been to one trans group back at home.  I really liked it.  i made a bunch of friends right away and it helped pull me out of my depression.  The group i went to this week was half a dozen people.  the vibe was just different than what I am used to and it made me super anxious and nervous.  I ended talking too much and babbling and i talked over someone who was trying to share some heavy stuff. I feel like an idiot now.  I don't know if I can go back. 
  •  

Becca Kay

Quote from: Cassi on March 09, 2018, 09:42:50 PM
That's great!  I was thinking I was going a wee bit overtly happy because my bald spot seems to be getting some thin hairs.  I check out the hair growth stuff Ellie mentioned was at CostCo and will be getting some.  Hopefully, it along with the hair med and HRT I'll grow some back up there.  Mine, what I have, almost covers my really really cute ears :)

it is exciting, even if it's just a little bit of regrowth!

i didn't expect my hair to regrow.  I think trans girls expect way too much in that dept.  I've been trying to temper my expectations so I don't get disappointed.  but now it does feel good.
  •  

Donna

Hey Becca. Don't sweat a couple slip ups at your meetings. I sure they understood you were new there and nervous. I know my mouth runs forever when I'm in unfamiliar surroundings.
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
October T 14.8 / 456
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
March T 7.4 / 236
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

Becca Kay

i went to a different (new to me) support group tonight at the Pride Center.  it was a large group.  15-20 people.  It went well.  Plenty of good discussion, sharing, etc.  I didn't wear my wig or any make up. I decided I wasn't going to march into a new group all dolled up.  I'd start like I did back home with my last group, wearing my mostly feminine clothing and and just being ok with that. 

While there were many amazing young people (millennials) there I feel very self conscious being the old one in the group. 

I might go back to this group next month.  Overall it felt good.  The facilitator did a good job and everyone was very supportive and affirming. 

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Becca Kay on March 13, 2018, 09:13:48 PM
i went to a different (new to me) support group tonight at the Pride Center.  it was a large group.  15-20 people.  It went well.  Plenty of good discussion, sharing, etc.  I didn't wear my wig or any make up. I decided I wasn't going to march into a new group all dolled up.  I'd start like I did back home with my last group, wearing my mostly feminine clothing and and just being ok with that. 

While there were many amazing young people (millennials) there I feel very self conscious being the old one in the group. 

I might go back to this group next month.  Overall it felt good.  The facilitator did a good job and everyone was very supportive and affirming.

29 isn't old Bec.  Try push'n 65.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Becca Kay

•  

Becca Kay

i wish i was 29.  i never got to be a girl in her 20s
  •  

Becca Kay

the other day I typed up a long post (too long, really) and I accidentally closed the browser and lost it.  So here's my attempt to post it again, but shorter.

My sense of taste and smell has noticeably changed since starting HRT.  I noticed first that certain things smelled differently.  Or maybe just smelled more... The most noticeable thing is men.  Men smell bad. Not just some guys who might have questionable grooming practices.  Most men.  It's strange.  I never noticed before how men smelled. But now I am constantly noticing it.  It's a combination of body odor and something I can't put my finger on.  Whatever it is I really don't like it. 

Thankfully I"m not really attracted to men so I don't have to suffer that close up.  LOL 

What I've noticed with my sense of taste is a little less dramatic.  But one thing that stands out is that I don't find beer all that tasty anymore.  I don't dislike it.  But it tastes different and it's not nearly as enjoyable.  I used to very much love hoppy beer but now that's the stuff that I've noticed my taste shift the most.  It's so bitter.  It's hard to drink.  At the same time I'm enjoying wine and some liquor much more enjoyable. 

•  

Donna

It is interesting the smell thing. I notice a difference in the way I smell and the way perfume and deodorant smell on me. Haven't notice the other men or women smell or maybe not paid attention to it. I know my skin feels different and my sense of touch has changed. The little extra fat that is building under the skin makes a big difference. Ive noticed a difference in the way I react to cold as well.
October T 14.8 / 456
March T 7.4 / 236

[/
  •  

Becca Kay

Quote from: Donna on March 16, 2018, 08:17:44 PM
It is interesting the smell thing. I notice a difference in the way I smell and the way perfume and deodorant smell on me. Haven't notice the other men or women smell or maybe not paid attention to it. I know my skin feels different and my sense of touch has changed. The little extra fat that is building under the skin makes a big difference. Ive noticed a difference in the way I react to cold as well.

Yeah my body odor changed a week after starting HRT
  •  

Becca Kay

I got my ears pierced yesterday!!!
  •