Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Becca's HRT Journey

Started by Becca Kay, October 05, 2017, 06:48:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassi

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Becca Kay on March 17, 2018, 03:18:02 AM
I got my ears pierced yesterday!!!

I love my pierced ears and got my seconds done as a celebration of deciding to transition...now looking to pierce some other "bits". I am sure you will love "playing" with yours when you are able to change them.

I have to agree whole heartedly with you about the sence of smell and taste..mine has changed heaps and continues to refine...the changes from HRT are so many its easy toi overlook the more suble ones.

Take Care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Donna

Congrats on the piercings. Mine  are two weeks fresh and healing well. Can't wait to hang some jewelry my wife makes. Have fun with them after they heal up completely.
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

Becca Kay

i came out to my boss today.  Sat down and had a conversation and explained my (trans) situation and let her know that eventually i'd be transitioning at work.  While i've only been working for her for a month I've known her for 20 years and worked with her years ago at an old employer. 

it was somewhat anti climatic.  My boss is super cool and supportive. 

While I'm not going to immediately present as female at work I feel like this combined with my upcoming consults for FFS finally have me on a path toward something that feels concrete.  I'm a process and goal oriented person and up until this point everything in my life has felt out of my control.

I'm so relieved.  Today was a good day.   

•  

Julie -2010

Quote from: Becca Kay on October 05, 2017, 08:05:13 PM
i have my letter from my therapist!  the only thing i'm not certain about is whether my insurance plan is going to cooperate.  My plan states that they cover transition surgery and mental health care related to gender dysphoria.   I tried calling to get more info regarding HRT, but over the phone my insurer told me I would need a "code" to determine whether the proceedure/service being billed for would be covered.  So I won't know for certain until the billing is submitted.

If you have a letter from a therapist, it should be pretty smooth.  I had my letter and I thought I would have to go through all these questions about my life and why I wanted to do this.  No, my Endo doctor just started talking to be like OK lets get you started.  She explained the health aspect (liver, clots) but it all went great.  She started me at a lower does because she wanted to see how my body handled the change.  Each week she would boost it up until my labs gave back high and then she dropped me back down a little and I was at the right level that I'm on now.

It will go well, I'm sure.  Good luck.

Julie
"me to be my true and authentic self, my own person, one who belonged to the infinitely loving Creator, with all the inherent flaws that come with it."  - Jonathan S. Williams
  •  

Becca Kay

Quote from: Julie -2010 on March 19, 2018, 08:49:51 PM
If you have a letter from a therapist, it should be pretty smooth.  I had my letter and I thought I would have to go through all these questions about my life and why I wanted to do this.  No, my Endo doctor just started talking to be like OK lets get you started.  She explained the health aspect (liver, clots) but it all went great.  She started me at a lower does because she wanted to see how my body handled the change.  Each week she would boost it up until my labs gave back high and then she dropped me back down a little and I was at the right level that I'm on now.

It will go well, I'm sure.  Good luck.

Julie

thank you.  that was half a year ago.  I've been on HRT for almost 6 months.  Things are going well now. 
  •  

Donna

Quote from: Becca Kay on March 19, 2018, 08:42:07 PM
i came out to my boss today.  Sat down and had a conversation and explained my (trans) situation and let her know that eventually i'd be transitioning at work.  While i've only been working for her for a month I've known her for 20 years and worked with her years ago at an old employer. 

it was somewhat anti climatic.  My boss is super cool and supportive. 

While I'm not going to immediately present as female at work I feel like this combined with my upcoming consults for FFS finally have me on a path toward something that feels concrete.  I'm a process and goal oriented person and up until this point everything in my life has felt out of my control.

I'm so relieved.  Today was a good day.

That's great that work went well. It is a huge relief for you I'll bet.
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
October T 14.8 / 456
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
March T 7.4 / 236
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

Becca Kay

i've been thinking a lot lately about dating.  I haven't been able to give this much thought for a long time.  Part of it was living with my Ex while we were divorcing.  We weren't getting along.  Part of it was simply fear and shame when I started to transition. But now my transition feels like it's at least (slowly) moving forward. I've been living on my own for almost two months and i've had a lot of time to think.   

More and more i wish i could go on a date. i miss having connections with people, mentally and physically.  But I don't know how to do that anymore.  How do you meet people when you're half transitioned?  When I was younger didn't have a problem getting dates with (straight) women.  I'm older now, though.  And i don't think i'll be dating straight women anymore. 

I'm worried that this is going to eat away at me.  It's already eating away at me.  I want to have a personal life that includes intimacy with others.  I don't know what to do.

•  

Cassi

I think Julia posted transgenders.com or something like that. 
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Becca Kay

Quote from: Cassi on March 24, 2018, 10:06:06 PM
I think Julia posted transgenders.com or something like that.

Do you mean "transgender.com"??   Transgender.com is a website for >-bleeped-<s and only offers the MTF option of dating men. I'm guessing that like a lot of sites out there making money off men there are hardly any actual trans women on it and most of the trans profiles are fake.

when thinking about dating I am a queer trans woman.  my sexual orientation is towards women, trans & non binary people.  I'm not interested in dating cis male >-bleeped-<s
  •  

Barri

Was 14 years DIY HRT, started on EV pills, then EV injectables all purchased online.
Recently got an actual USA Doctor to prescribe me the EV injectable based on my schedule of the weaker stuff.
34.55 with insurance at Walmart.
Zero issues other than strength loss so far after 14 years.
Def better with it than without.
Born 1963
Knew I should be female 1972
Grew 18" in single year 1978
Resigned to self that I never will pass regardless, and will always and forever just be seen as a giant dude, but will pursue femme self ID anyway.
started HRT 2002 DIY
Prescribed legitimately 2012
Just going to be me.
  •  

AutumnGurl81

Quote from: Becca Kay on March 25, 2018, 08:10:43 AM

Do you mean "transgender.com"??   Transgender.com is a website for >-bleeped-<s and only offers the MTF option of dating men. I'm guessing that like a lot of sites out there making money off men there are hardly any actual trans women on it and most of the trans profiles are fake.

when thinking about dating I am a queer trans woman.  my sexual orientation is towards women, trans & non binary people.  I'm not interested in dating cis male >-bleeped-<s

Becca congratulations on your progress! You've come sooo far, its just fantastic to see.  I'm kind of where you were, in a sense--still living with my wife and working on things, so yeah, emotionally its kind of hard to even think about dating. However, in your case, I think its really great that you are finally starting to feel that way again! I would think with everything you already have going on, you wouldn't want to over burden yourself with the emotional relationship aspect of dating (shot in the dark)? But maybe you could try one of the bigger dating websites and start by looking for women who are interested in trans girls but are looking more for say, emotional support and friendship. Maybe work that way towards something more serious, or who knows, maybe you, or someone, will just fall into your lap. I believe dating advice dot com offers suggestions for some of the best trans friendly dating sights, and match.com (though I haven't looked into this) was one of them.

Anyways, glad to see you're doing well in your new world (: Best of luck with everything forward.
~°•Peace, love, compassion, and eqaulity. I believe that these qualities make us great. They can't be measured on a scale, only shared freely.•°~

-Jayden  :-*
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Becca Kay on March 25, 2018, 08:10:43 AM

Possibly.  I have never checked it out.  I forget what thread it was but someone was asking about dating sites and I had commented that POF was one and it had the women looking for women option.  And I think it was Julia who mentioned the other site.  Like I said I mentioned it as offering help.  If I offended due to my ignorance of the site, I apologize as it wasn't my intent. 

Personally, I'm a Lesbian and have no interest in guys myself.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Becca Kay

i had a phone consultation with Dr Zukowski today.  Scheduling it took about 3 weeks.  I had to send a plethora of horrible selfies.  Each of which was a horror to take. 

The phone call went well, I think.  Dr Z talks a mile a minute.  He called me 'hon' at least a dozen times.  Maybe two dozen.  I've never had a guy call me hon before.  LOL. 

When I started my transition last summer I don't think I understood what was really going on in my head.  I knew that the dysphoria was killing me. I realized I was trans. But I didn't really understand what exactly and how exactly my dysphoria was driving my anxiety and where it was centered.  I was trying to make sense of it in a context that I'd learned online and in the media.  The typical trans story...  A year ago I kept thinking that I had to transition in a certain way.  I had to do hormone replacement.  I had to get breast augmentation.  Then I had to get bottom surgery.  then if i was really crazy and out of my mind i'd go overboard and screw up my face up. 

It really really bothered me seeing so many trans girls, especially those half my age (god damn internet and youtube), who'd had no surgery at all, but looked like amazing petite young women, complete with delicate almond shaped girl faces.  If they could take hormones and look so perfect there must be something wrong with me.

I don't know if this makes any sense.  It's my own brain mess

Over the last 6-8 months though things changed.  I kind of slowly started to order and understand my feelings and my dysphoria.  HRT helped immensely. It straightened out my brain.  I also made some actual trans friends.  And I learned that there isn't a right way to transition.  I learned that some of the most feminine pre-op trans girls, girls that looked "perfect" to me without surgery, are wracked with dysphoria and pain and hurt.  More than I would ever know. 

What I learned about myself is that I don't (at least right now) care all that much about my gonads.  I don't hate my genitals. I'd much rather have been born with a wonderful functioning vagina.  And I really really want an orchiectomy.  But bottom surgery is the least of my worries.  What I've learned since last year is I cannot live with my face. 

My face, especially as i've gotten older and my hair has thinned, is like a cruel cruel joke.  It rides atop my shoulders and reminds me and everyone who sees me and meets me that I'm man.  It is the worst part of being me.  The worst of all my pain and anxiety and fear.  It hurts so much just to see my self.  I can't look at photos of myself.  Even with a wig and make up I can't see past it.  Or around it.  Every glance at my reflection feels like being punched in the gut. 

So I had this consult with Dr Z today.  And he spend half an hour listing the torture he'd inflict on my face with tools and scalpels and needles and god knows what else.  He quoted me a price that would otherwise buy me a very nice new car.  More money than i can afford.  And suddenly all I could think of was "how soon can I make this happen."  I was suddenly relieved.  Happy.  It was as if another piece of my trans transition puzzle just fell into place and a big mess of confusion melted away. 

I spoke to my mother today and she asked me "are you mentally prepared for this?"  And i was reminded of the conversation i had with her when I came out.  For some reason i had said to her "don't worry, i won't mutilate my face."  Why did I say that?  It was my internalized shame.  I'm beyond that now.  I let go of it.  Today i knew for sure that I want this and I'm not ashamed of it anymore. 

•  

Becca Kay

i feel like i'm slipping into a serious depression.  it's so overwhelming.  This feeling of being stuck between what i was and what i wish I was is awful. It feels like i'm always going to be stuck like this. And at the same time I am so completely alone.  I've never lived like this.  With no friends and no family.  I don't know if i can do it anymore.  I just want it to stop.

•  

Donna

Sorry your down girl your really never alone when you have all of us. The ups and the downs can get to all of us. Check out if there is a local crisis line that you can reach out to. Having a live person to talk to might help especially when you are in a new location. Be strong we are all here for you.
October T 14.8 / 456
March T 7.4 / 236

[/
  •  

Dena

Transitioning can be very lonely. I spent many nights a weekends just waiting for the time that I could make a call to my mother. Today you have other options that might help. Many of us can use Skype for video meet ups anywhere in the world. In my case I also have Face time and Discord but some use other methods of accomplishing this. Start by asking through PM and possibly some of us can help you with the lonely hours.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Laurie

Hi Becca,

I have skype also.  I also wanted to point out that there are some of Susan's members in the DC area. I unfortunately am no longer in that area but I was and met with several friends there. You might try fishing for meetups with some in your area. You might finds some friends.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Becca Kay

Quote from: Laurie on April 06, 2018, 12:17:44 AM
Hi Becca,

I have skype also.  I also wanted to point out that there are some of Susan's members in the DC area. I unfortunately am no longer in that area but I was and met with several friends there. You might try fishing for meetups with some in your area. You might finds some friends.

Hugs,
   Laurie

I had brunch with on of the local girls two weeks ago. :)
  •  

Becca Kay

so obviously i've had some bad days lately. I'm living alone and it's wearing me down.  some of it is having no friends and some of it is being "alone." 

I had a lousy relationship with my spouse when we broke up. But I still wished last year that I could have somehow kept my spouse and my home and not had to move.  My divorce continues to slowly unfold.  I think it will be finalized by early June. Maybe next month.  Last year it felt like my heart was being torn out, but now i just want to get on with my life.  We still have a relationship, but I don't quite understand what it is. It's still some weird version of the codependent mess we were in all those years. We talk regularly.  I'm still paying most of her bills.  She calls me or texts me every day. But she has NEVER uses my new name.  Friends and family tell me that she misgenders me to them.  I need this to be over.

I wish I could go on a date.  But now i don't know how.  When I was a "cis male" and younger it was really easy.  before i married I was kind of a man whore.  I had a lot of (straight) girlfriends. A LOT.  I was never alone.  I've tried to sign up for dating apps.  But i have hardly any photos of myself that I can tolerate showing to people.  And I feel like the way I present right now that I'm some kind of mess. 

•