Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Electrolysis

Started by Tommygun, October 21, 2017, 01:13:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommygun

Well, first order of business is to find a surgeon covered by my insurance. While that happens, I'll look for an electrologist. Maybe my therapist can recommend some trans-friendly ones? Could I be covered for more than one electrologist? Because I am not going to deal with these every-couple-month vacations. It's ridiculous.

I'm not putting it off, but between not knowing anything(I learned I was probably covered for SRS like Friday morning). And every damn place I need to contact being unreachable during the weekend, I think I need to calm down and be patient. Because I quite literally cannot do anything for another 15 minutes and I'm about to scream. My therapist appointment is in 3 days and I've put enough on her plate just asking her to send a recommendation for surgery(which I may not be covered for). I haven't slept since yesterday, and am running on two energy drinks.

Did the insurance worker make a mistake in saying I'm covered? It's not something they usually deal with. Why is every electrologist in Indiana available via internet on vacation or barely licensed? So much I can't find out right now.

Thank you all so much, though. Sorry if this massive panic attack makes me seem unappreciative, I promise you've helped a ton. I just wanted to fill you in. I am just not in a position to start electrolysis this very second. And I mean second. I'll make my calls, sleep and get back to you. You're all fantastic.

Update: Fantastic news, my chosen surgeon is in the BCBS Alabama network, which probably means she's in the local(Indiana) network too. And if she is, she is definitely covered by my insurance! I'll set up a consultation today and see if she can tell me if electrolysis is covered.
  •  

Tommygun

This post is a few days dead, but I just wanted to keep everyone updated as promised.

I found an electrologist with 21 years of experience and gave her a call and email 2 days ago. She's a 1.5 hour drive away, so once I patch up my car I'll be ready for the interstate. I'm guessing it will probably be Monday or Tuesday before I hear back and can schedule for consultation. Unless she's dead, just learned two of my former doctors have died. It's creepin' me out, man.

Is there any paperwork required here? I just saw forms for laser hair removal. Need to be ready for the consultation.
  •  

Dena

Electrolysis requires no paperwork unless your insurance company is paying for it. Most likely the insurance company would want a diagnosis from your therapist and then the insurance company would be billed for the services.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Tommygun

That helps a lot. Thanks. The insurance folks said I might be able to get my surgeon to send in a request for coverage, but I see no reason why I couldn't start now with what I saved up for this anyway. So long as what's left over for surgery itself can be paid for with payments over time, like my lab work.
  •