Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Does anyone have a ninja blender?

Started by Julia1996, October 13, 2017, 11:32:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julia1996

My dad and brother killed our third blender in 2 years making their protein shakes. My dad told me not to get another cheap blender and to get a professional one. So it's between a vitamix $450 and a ninja $189. Does anyone have a ninja blender and if so does it work well?
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

sarah1972

We went through a few ninja blenders... they could not keep up with us. Ended with a waring professional. I think we have another very solid one, let me check once I get home for brand and model.
No experience with Vitamix.

What usually breaks first is the connection between the jar and the motor. Or the motor gives up..

•  

JillianC

My ex-mother-in-law had a ninja.  She now owns and loves a Vitamix.  You just missed a Blendtec deal on Amazon, I own this brand.
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: JillianC on October 13, 2017, 01:15:28 PM
My ex-mother-in-law had a ninja.  She now owns and loves a Vitamix.  You just missed a Blendtec deal on Amazon, I own this brand.

I've never heard of Blendtec before. Are the good blenders?
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

sarah1972

Quote from: Julia1996 on October 13, 2017, 03:23:02 PM
They have a legendary YouTube channel... they put all kind of things in the blender. Preferably the latest iPhone....

•  

Nora Kayte

Quote from: Julia1996 on October 13, 2017, 03:23:02 PM
I have a blendtec and it kicks butt. Not ever having any of the others I can't compare. But I think it's awesome. Good enough that I don't need to try any of the others. And the recipe website is great too. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let Go of Who You Think You're Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are.
  •  

flytrap

I absolutely LOVE my ninja! There are better blenders but they are double the price. Home Depot had the 900 Watt Professionals on sale for $49.95 so I got one for home and one for our summer place. The Ninja blows the doors off any of the half dozen conventional blenders we have had over the years. It only takes a couple seconds to turn ice cubes into snow!!!
  •  

sarah1972

This is the other one we have: they get pretty heavily used in our household, not for drinks but for all kind of other cooking and so far it has survived well

•  

Roll

I admit I don't use blenders a ton, but for what I do I really like the Ninja. I actually tried out the dough hook attachment just last week for the first time, and it worked perfectly. My sister uses it to make smoothies constantly. The only thing I don't like it for is as a food processor or for making normal amounts of some sauces (too much for the smoothie cups, too little for the main blender piece). Works fine for larger volumes or stuff like pesto which you won't be making much of anyway.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Cindy

When I had to blend all of my food so I could PEG feed I used a Sunbeam Cafe Blender. It handled anything.

•  

Eevee

My brother gifted me a ninja blender a few years ago. It died far too quickly. I was a bit disappointed, honestly.

Eevee

Because its genetic makeup is irregular, it quickly changes its form due to a variety of causes.

•  

JillianC

Julie, yes they are quite good on par with vitamix likes others have said.  Amazon had refrubs for $249 100% worth the $50 over ninja price.  They go on sale at l various places online a couple of times a year.
  •