Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Normal woman or magazine woman

Started by AlexUABC, April 14, 2019, 04:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexUABC

I think a lot of trans girls just like cis women are sometimes influenced by the type of women in magazine ads and movies. that presents us with a kind of sculptural, sexy, attractive woman. but if they look well, not all women are like that. they are all different but the media sell us this concept. in cis women it can cause anorexia, bulimia and depression in trans girls as well but it is added that hormone therapy does not always give you a curvaceous body with big buttocks, big breasts and many girls get desperate and fall into depression. I know cis friends who do not have a beautiful body but their way of being their smile makes their femininity shine and I believe that trans girls should look for that last.
What kind of woman would you like to be?
  •  

CynthiaAnn

•  

LunaLeigh

No doubt that I have been influenced by popular culture and what I perceive as beautiful but I really just want to be the best me I can be

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
  •  

AllazandraTelsar

This is definitely something worth pointing out as I've found myself being influenced by media with how I should look. I've been finding hope in seeing woman with similar body types to my own that are pretty even though they don't fit the manufactured ideal. So as to what kind of I would want to be, I guess I just want to be my real self, whatever that looks like :)

Blessing,
Alla
  •  

krobinson103

Just me. That's the whole point of transition for me. To be the real person who was suppressed so long. I don't care one bit about image or fashion!
Every day is a totally awesome day
Every day provides opportunities and challenges
Every challenge leads to an opportunity
Every fear faced leads to one more strength
Every strength leads to greater success
Success leads to self esteem
Self Esteem leads to happiness.
Cherish every day.
  •  

Rachel

I think during my transition my needs changed and to my desire.

I went from a dark desperate life to a full transition.

Now I want to assimilate and blend in as much as possible.

I work with a lot of woman. For my age, I am doing well.

I will never look fully Cis and I accept my path. I definitely am influenced by media and I want to be beautiful inside and out.

HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

HappyMoni

I want to be Sporty Spice! Nah, more like, the athletic, 60 year old girl next door. I care nothing of magazine or normal women. Heck there is no way I want to be normal. I want to laugh at my own dumb sense of humor, be kind to others, help them, and dance like my soul is on display for all to see. I want to finish completely embracing my vulnerability and my femininity. Weeeee, it sound so good!
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Q.  What kind of woman do you want to be?

A very thoughtful and kind woman, who loves to laugh and enjoy good times.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

pamelatransuk

I don't follow either magazines or the expected norm.

I wish to display and simultaneously enjoy my womanly qualities which have been suppressed for most of my life. I wish to look nothing more than reasonable, to blend in with other women and ultimately to be perceived as a woman. As others have said, I wish to cease acting and just be authentic.

Hugs

Pamela

•  

Linde

If I can be the way my mother was, I will be happy.  She was a modern thinking woman who liked to dress a little on the elegant side.  I am similar, I was like this when I tried to be a guy, and I am still like it.
My mother is for me the ideal of a woman!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Chloe

*sigh* I just want to be someone's SOULMATE . . .

so who exactly that is depends on that special "other"! 'Girl' or 'guy' doesn't really matter suppose I've always been able to ADAPT ;)
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •  

Anne Blake

An interesting dilemma you propose and maybe not quite as apposing as suggested. Yes, I am fairly sure that each of us wants to claim the side of inner beauty but I also believe that many of us want our sack of bones to look as good as possible. For me, a big heart, giving and caring to the max but I still want to look as hot as this 70 plus year old can. I didn't get to try out displaying this new self until my late sixties, missed a lot of chances to wear things that work well on girls less than half my age. Well I am not going there but I am not giving up and accepting the boundaries prescribed for a "Woman of my age". So I choose both sides of this dilemma, big hearted and hot.

Tia Anne
  •  

KathyLauren

The teenager in me wants to look as good as I possibly can.  The realist in me prevents me from desiring to look better than possible.  I try to look good, and I am happy with the result.

The look I go for is a casually elegant mature woman.  Kind of like I remember my mother.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Josie_L

Magazines for women tend to portray what they believe is the ideal woman we mere mortals aspire to be.
Teens especially can be lead on a dangerous path of self desruction, feeling insecure and self conscious based
on how they believe what they should ideally look. Also often heavy influences from peers too.

Personally always sought to be an individual rather then following the trend. Just a normal individual devoid
of following various trends. x
  •