Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Hair again

Started by Briah, October 22, 2017, 06:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Briah

I have been reading the posts about hair care.  Wonderful.
I do have a question.  I have had long hair in the past and actually donated twice.  It gets quite curly--I know something many of us would die for--that said it also gets somewhat tangled.  I read Julie's post about hair care and noted that she said use a comb to comb it out.  My question is what about using Cowboy Magic horse tail detangler?  I use it on my horse's tail and it is long (to the ground) and the Cowboy Magic makes combing it out really easy.
  •  

Jailyn

I have actually seen a lot of youtubers that use mane and tail shampoo in their hair. I would imagine that it wouldn't hurt, but just check the ingredients or for warnings. Generally if your pet can use it you should be able to, except for flea meds. I can name a reason you couldn't.
  •  

Laurie

Hey, Briah , I see that you are new here. So please let me say, Welcome To Susan's Place! Come on in and take a good look around.  Perhaps I can even get you to hop on over to the Introductions Thread and  create a post to tell us a little bit more about yourself so we can get to know you a little better and greet you properly.

Also I'll add some links and information below that can help you get more out of our site. Please take time to become familiar with them especially the RED one as we are always getting questions that are answered there.

Laurie
Global Moderator

Things that you should read

{\quote]
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Briah on October 22, 2017, 06:34:12 PM
I have been reading the posts about hair care.  Wonderful.
I do have a question.  I have had long hair in the past and actually donated twice.  It gets quite curly--I know something many of us would die for--that said it also gets somewhat tangled.  I read Julie's post about hair care and noted that she said use a comb to comb it out.  My question is what about using Cowboy Magic horse tail detangler?  I use it on my horse's tail and it is long (to the ground) and the Cowboy Magic makes combing it out really easy.

Actually I've never heard of this product.  But all detanglers are the same for the most part. If it helps untangle your hair then use it.  But as far as animal shampoo I wouldn't suggest it. Animal shampoo has a very high ph which isn't good for human hair. It will dry it out and fry it with regular use. Remember, humans wash their hair far more often than we usually bathe an animal so their shampoos are much stronger in the ph department.

NEVER use flea shampoo! I know someone who nearly died from that. One of my clients caught head lice from her kids. I told her what shampoo to use to kill them but the lice shampoo was really expensive so she thought she could use flea shampoo which is a lot cheaper. So had open scratches on her head from scratching so much and the chemicals from the flea shampoo got into her blood stream and made her very sick. Thankfully she used on herself before she used it on her kids. When it comes to saving money people can be totally stupid!
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Briah

Thanks for the feedback.  I don't use animal shampoo on me but I love the way that the Cowboy Magic detangles my horse's tail.  I find that I can detangle it in about 20 minutes instead of the 90 the old way took.  Now to be fair I only do his tail several times a year unless I am showing.  My hair will be done more often ;D
  •