News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

pre-hrt, worried about my large head and wide upper body

Started by stmoraza, January 20, 2018, 09:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stmoraza

Hi fellow sisters and brothers,

After one and a half year of questioning and (perhaps) trying to suppressing my thought of transitioning, I still find myself possibly serious with the idea of transitioning. (I forgot my previous account.) I am 5'6'' (170 cm) and 163 lbs (74 kg), and begin to realize that the biggest issue that prevents me to pass is my disproportionately large head and wide upper body. When I walk with cisgender women as tall as me, I always notice that their heads are notably smaller than mine and their bodies are almost 30% narrower than mine. I admit that many trans women are taller and have wider shoulders than I do, but I actually think they pass better because they look more balanced according to their height. (It looks normal for a 6-foot girl to have a 17-inch shoulder; it looks suspicious for a 5'6'' girl to.)  I am wondering how this issue can be alleviated through losing weight, for I am a little overweighted. Would that make me look overall "narrower"? Or would that actually make my shoulder look more protruding? (Sadly, I never work out and have very little deltoid muscle. So it's mostly my shoulder bone and some fat that make it look like this.)

https://imgur.com/UXBgGe8
https://imgur.com/wlst0et
https://imgur.com/ieVvjJe
  •  

Lady Sarah

HRT can move enough fat around and redistribute it to more feminine locales. Growing hair out and getting the right style can conceal what you consider a large head. Considering you are not on HRT yet, it is too soon to be fretting over body features that can change.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016
  •  

Roll

I was originally really worried about both those things, mostly shoulders. What I found however is that both things are barely noticeable with other factors at play in the right clothing. Remember, women chose hair styles and clothing to compliment their body types. If you walk around and don't see cis women with larger heads or broad shoulders, it is because they have engineered optical illusions to make it look that way essentially.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Deborah

The best thing I have found for balancing the look of a larger upper body is making my lower body larger.  The common male look is wider shoulders with skinny legs.  Bigger thighs and glutes (butt) will make the shoulders appear less prominent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Doreen

Quote from: stmoraza on January 20, 2018, 09:35:22 PM
Hi fellow sisters and brothers,

After one and a half year of questioning and (perhaps) trying to suppressing my thought of transitioning, I still find myself possibly serious with the idea of transitioning. (I forgot my previous account.) I am 5'6'' (170 cm) and 163 lbs (74 kg), and begin to realize that the biggest issue that prevents me to pass is my disproportionately large head and wide upper body. When I walk with cisgender women as tall as me, I always notice that their heads are notably smaller than mine and their bodies are almost 30% narrower than mine. I admit that many trans women are taller and have wider shoulders than I do, but I actually think they pass better because they look more balanced according to their height. (It looks normal for a 6-foot girl to have a 17-inch shoulder; it looks suspicious for a 5'6'' girl to.)  I am wondering how this issue can be alleviated through losing weight, for I am a little overweighted. Would that make me look overall "narrower"? Or would that actually make my shoulder look more protruding? (Sadly, I never work out and have very little deltoid muscle. So it's mostly my shoulder bone and some fat that make it look like this.)

https://imgur.com/UXBgGe8
https://imgur.com/wlst0et
https://imgur.com/ieVvjJe

Honestly? From the back, you already look androgynous to fem.  I'd just get on them andro blockers, HRT, and let nature handle itself.  :) 
  •  

Allison S

Shoulders are an issue for me too. About 2 or 3 months on hrt my family and friends noticed I lost weight in my upper body. I didn't do anything different it was just the hormones and in fact I too did notice the "muscle" or mostly fat was shed from my back/sides. It's really amazing how much slimmer it makes me look even though I gained a few pounds!

Upper arm/stomach fat are my trouble areas still sadly. I think I might need lipo for these...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Allison S on January 21, 2018, 12:29:19 AM
Upper arm/stomach fat are my trouble areas still sadly. I think I might need lipo for these...
Don't do lipo alone, put that fat to good use and go full BBL! ;D (Sort of joking. Sort of not. It's something I've thought about depending on how things end up down the line.)
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•