Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Breast Augmentation

Started by Josilyn, August 06, 2017, 02:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Nicki

Hi Josilyn, I don't know much about size since I am very very far away from having a BA but a close friend of mine who is trans said a C cup is probably the best since it's big enough to wear beautiful clothes but at the same time isn't as big as a D which could be over the top and look tacky in some outfits. I don't know your body type but keep that in mind! And good luck! This thread got me excited about getting a boob job in the future lol.
Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

HappyMoni

I can tell you my thoughts or fears of going too big. I agree with Charlie on clothes not fitting. I also fear looking top heavy since my hips are narrow and shoulders are broad. I guess part of it is looking at how much attention you want vrs. blending in.
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Miss Clara

Hi Josilyn,
Getting the size right is very important, and worth taking the time to get it right.  Remember that cup size is not a good way to measure size.  The volume of a 34C cup is a lot less than the volume of a 40C cup.  What you want is a BA results that provides good proportion for your unique body shape and size.  I really recommend that you have 3D virtual imaging done before you decide on a product type (saline, gel, cohesive gel) and size.  Most reputable breast augmentation surgeons have the equipment to do a 3D simulation.  My surgeon used a Vectra 3D imaging system to help us decide on the most appropriate size for the look I was hoping to achieve.  Keep in mind that the broader your chest, the larger the implants need to be to achieve good physical proportion, and the harder it will be able to create cleavage.  Placing the implants closer to the breast bone is not advised because it results in the nipples pointing to the sides instead of straight ahead. 

The cohesive gels are nice, but they are rather firm compared to the silicone gels, and a lot firmer than saline.  I chose the highly cohesive (gummy bear) implants, but my chest is a fairly manageable 36" band.  I'm now a 36D and can achieve cleavage with the right bra, but it is not as easy had I gone with gel or saline.  Under the muscle will be more painful because of how much the muscle has to be stretched to insert the implant.  The larger the implant the greater the stretch and the greater the post-op pain.  I had 440 cc gummies with submuscular placement inserted at the breast fold, and the pain wasn't that bad.  But that's just me.  Sensitivity to pain is a very individual thing.

I am very happy with the final result, but personally, I feel that FFS and voice training/surgery is more important to achieve passability than BA.  One can use breast forms to achieve a more feminine shape, but there's not much you can do to hide masculine facial features, a prominent Adams apple, or a deep voice.  BA was the last surgery I elected to have for that reason.  Most girls put a very high priority on BA, I realize, so to each her own.  Good luck on your surgery, follow the post-op instructions religiously.
  •  

HappyMoni

Hi Clara, good to see you here. Do they take a view of your body and morph it through a computer to simulate?
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Miss Clara

Quote from: HappyMoni on October 24, 2017, 07:37:57 PM
Hi Clara, good to see you here. Do they take a view of your body and morph it through a computer to simulate?
Moni

The machine is called Vectra 3D.  It takes multiple photos of the patient from different angles and creates a 3D image that is displayed on a monitor.  The 3D image can be turned on 3 axes.  The surgeon can then add breast implants of a particular type and size from a selected vendor.  He also specifies where the implants with be placed on the patient's chest. The resulting 3D images can be rendered with or without a bikini top.  Don't like what you see?  Try something bigger or smaller.  Switch from silicone to saline, or from Mentor to Allergan, or from round to shaped.  It's not going to give a perfect simulation, but it does help you see the possibilities, corrects unreasonable expectations, and hopefully helps you to avoid making a major mistake.
  •  

Ejo

I'm 5' 8" and weigh 180 lbs. I went from a totally flat chest (because I can't take estrogens) to a DD. I got 650 cc implants, if that helps any... 
"The secret of contentment is knowing how to enjoy what you have, and to be able to lose all desire for things beyond your reach."
  •  

Charlie Nicki

Quote from: Ejo on October 25, 2017, 06:34:41 PM
I'm 5' 8" and weigh 180 lbs. I went from a totally flat chest (because I can't take estrogens) to a DD. I got 650 cc implants, if that helps any...

Can you tell us a bit more? I always hear that you need at least some breast tissue for it to look good? I guess every case is different, I would like to know more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

judithlynn

I have been looking at BA for some time and recently had a consultation with a Dr Ian Whitworth:

http://www.ianwhitworth.com

in Bournemouth in England. I am currently 44B, but after some 4 years HRT, Ian indicated that I have had quite a lot of breast tissue development especially towards the armpits which has created a pocket, but that the maximum he could possibly implant would be up to 500cc. He indicated that this should give me a D or DD Cup in a Push up bra. He has recommended I go with 485, or 495cc Mentor Memory Gel Smooth Round High Profile implants.   He has suggested that he would go in under my existing breast crease and put the implant above the muscle to give me a better overall presentation.

I believe that for me, having high profile visible breasts and not having to use forms will dramatically helped my self confidence. 

I did originally consider BA after  just 18 months HRT, but was persuaded by a CIS GF to wait to see If I could grow more. I was then just a small A Cup. Wisely in fact as they have continued to grow and develop and now I am a large B small C. 

I'm 5'7" and now I wear 42C or 44B bras, but it will be great to be able to wear 42DD.
:-*
Hugs

•  

Josilyn

Just an update to all my girls out there (and guys)... 

My surgery was completed today.  I had 590cc put in over a (I believe about a b +/- cup) sub-muscularly,  I'm not sure where that will put be but I am thinking in the d range..  a little more time and Massage will tell.. 

BTW - not looking forward to massage part, but in a few weeks the bra shopping will be worth it. 😁

Thank you all for being there before I underwent this part of my journey!!

Early 2015 - started presenting partially as female
August 2015 - fully presenting
July 6th 2016 - Started HRT
March 23, 2017 - Orchiectomy
April 25, 2017 - Legal name and gender change
October 30, 2017 - Breast Augmentation
January 22, 2018 - First round of FFS
February 26, 2018 - Second round of FFS
July 20, 2018 - Breast augmentation revision
August 6, 2018 - GCS Surgery
  •