Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Shootings At Two Places Of Worship Associated With Anti-Gays

Started by LostInTime, December 09, 2007, 04:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LostInTime

Shootings At Two Places Of Worship Associated With Anti-Gays
http://www.365gay.com/Newscon07/12/120907shooting.htm
by 365Gay.com Newscenter Staff
Posted: December 9, 2007 - 4:30 pm ET

Four people were shot, two fatally, in a dormitory at the Youth With a Mission center in the Denver suburb of Arvada Sunday. Several hours later four other people were shot outside the New Life Church in Colorado Springs, about 70 miles away.
  •  

tekla

Perhaps god doesn't like them as much as they think. 

PS, the place in colorado springs was the ex-church of Ted - I like my meth with gay hookers - Haggard.  Of course, just as a humorous aside, I'm sure that church was full of Second Amendment freaks.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Suzy

Quote from: tekla on December 09, 2007, 06:25:17 PM
  Of course, just as a humorous aside, I'm sure that church was full of Second Amendment freaks.

There is absolutely nothing humorous about anyone being murdered, no matter who it is.

Kristi
  •  

tekla

Irony is a style of humor, and its ironic that those who would oppose sane laws might fall victim of the very thing they advocate, or perhaps they did not read Matthew 26:52 close enough, those it seems pretty plain to me.
  •  

Kate

Quote from: Kristi on December 09, 2007, 07:36:49 PM
There is absolutely nothing humorous about anyone being murdered, no matter who it is.

Agreed. How very, very sad. My heart goes out to their family and friends :(

~Kate~
  •  

Suzy

Ironic, yes perhaps.  But that assumes that these people have taken up swords against others.  No one I know has even made such a claim.  I don't want want to be put in the position of defending them, but fair is fair.  IMHO they were gullible people who followed a misguided leader, standing in direct opposition to some of the things I hold dear.  Even so, I still don't want to see any of them shot.

Kristi
  •  

tekla

I not only do not want to see anyone shot, I don't even want to see anyone have access to guns and ammo unless they have some sort of need for them.  Colorado did nothing after Columbine - well they tried to rate video games - about the problem.  Matter of fact the NRA did a big rally right after that in Denver to protest any effort to do anything. 

Omaha.  Virgina Tech.  How much will ever be enough?  How many have to die before some form of sanity prevails?   

These people have won (stole) a couple of elections now using the holy trinity of "Guns, God, and Gays."  Perhaps they were wrong about all three. 

on edit: an old friend of mine sent me some stuff on the one group, YWAM, if your interested, its been denounced as a cult by some, but more interesting - awe heck, read it yourself,
Google:
Youth with a Mission + YWAM + CIA

There may well be more going on here than one more "lone nut with a gun."
  •  

LostInTime

Political discussions belong in Politics, not here.

Thread locked.
  •