Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Faith's Progress

Started by Faith, November 10, 2017, 06:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faith

addendum.

I just told a long-time friend of mine. Over text since he doesn't live close any more. He still corresponds with several people here at work so I wanted to beat the grapevine. He didn't appear to have an issue with it in his responses.

another one down ....
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Laurie

Hi Faith,

It may be a long shot, but I can still make that wager. Perhaps I should talk to your wife and increase my odds.  You can PM me her contact info.
  Another one down, indeed progress!

Hugs,
   Laurie

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Jayne01

Hi Faith, I don't have much to add. I'm still here keeping up to date on your progress with great interest. Lots more positive steps. Work, makeup, smiling on photos, even if not looking at the camera. Whatever transition plan is, it seems to be working for you. Keep up the good work.

Jayne
  •  

Faith

I'm sitting here at home at the computer in my red/white day dress all comfy. Son and grandson both here. life is good.

We won't talk about a very uncomfortable shaving cut in an unmentionable area except for one comment I made to my wife:
"I bet you never thought you'd be washing blood out of my panties" :P

•  

Faith

I forgot this over the past little while. I was talking to my Wife and commented about something I've mentioned before. Did I mention it in my thread already? I don't remember and it's too many posts to scroll back through.

More and more the girls at work, as I walk by, smile more and initiate a 'hello' or similar greeting along with eye contact.
Having mentioned it to my wife she said, "because you're so much more approachable now"

... progress ...

•  

Anne Blake

Faith, one of the bigger surprises for me in my transition had been the inclusion in "Woman's world". This is the casual smile and eye contact, the brief conversation in the restroom while washing up and fixing my hair, the opportunity to sit with a group of women over lunch or coffee and just talk life stuff.....nothing earth shattering (most of the time) but definitely things not shared if it were a mixed group. The magic of this type of interaction is something that, at least for me, had no counterpart in my old men's world......and I love it. I also felt, after regularly being included in this world, that it was one of the best forms of affirmation that I have experienced.

Enjoy the magic of it all,
Tia Anne
  •  

Jayne01

Ok Faith, my 15th has come and gone. Now it's the 16th and I am holding off updating my thread until you go first. I don't know how much longer I can hold out, so spill it...... How did you make out with the Dr? Did you get your HRT prescription?

Jayne
  •  

Faith

I've got nothing.  Dr was too nervous to do anything, all I got was a promise of a referral. I understand on his side, it's really no surprise. I went to him for a referral in the first place. It's just that now I'm another month lost and no telling how long before I get in to see the endo, whomever that ends up being.

life sucks

edit:
forgot to add. The official diagnosis is now on record: "Gender Identity Disorder" ... not accurate, imo, but that's what they call it.

•  

Faith

OK, full disclosure update. I was slightly down all weekend. I lazed around the house not accomplishing much of anything. I did spend all weekend in a dress. Why? Because I could. It wasn't about needing to wear one, it was more to get comfortable and used to seeing myself that way, whether it becomes the norm or not.  I was comfortable with myself.

Sunday evening, dressed for a walk. I felt like I was styling a bit (by not matching anywhere). My wife thought it was great and took a couple full length pictures. Thankfully it was on my phone. It triggered so bad that I hit the dumps that evening. I felt slightly better the next morning (Monday), until I went into my phone to delete the pictures. I was miserable the rest of the day. I don't see how anyone can say I look great when it's so obviously not the case. Ridiculous is the more proper term.

Monday afternoon, that was my Dr. visit. Total waste of time, as noted in my previous post. Which led to a further depressed state that evening. I was pulled up out of that by my wife, if she wasn't there I'd likely have ended up curled up in bed.

On to today. I got up late, had to rush everything in getting ready. Plus side, I can glop my face much faster now without making a total train wreck out of it. I grabbed a blouse out of the closet, slightly on purpose to push my comfort zone a bit. Being late, I couldn't change my mind.

Now, I am sitting here at work in a most obvious woman's top, mostly keeping covered by my jean jacket except when sitting at my desk. How does it look? Well, since I am disclosing, here is a quick selfie:

The front cam sucks so any selfie looks out of focus. It's a real pain trying to take a short-armed selfie without obvious focal distortion.

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on January 16, 2018, 08:39:28 AMNow, I am sitting here at work in a most obvious woman's top, mostly keeping covered by my jean jacket except when sitting at my desk. How does it look? Well, since I am disclosing, here is a quick selfie:

Faith, I know you're not going to want to believe it (I have a terrible time with such things, too) but you really do look great. Seriously. With that pose, that angle, the top and necklace, the pattern recognition engine in my brain went, "PING. Female!" when the picture popped up.

Allow yourself to believe it. It's true.

- Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Faith

Steph, Your comment is kind, unrealistic, but kind. I see what I see ....

Over the weekend I was all set to not come back to the forums. My head was zoned out to futility, exasperated by the unproductive Dr visit yesterday .. which was productive, really, just a set-back in time which I feel I have so little of and have lost so much of. Now I'm back to no time frame, wondering, and waiting. 

I can feel the T in there doing it's thing, these past few weeks I can tell it's on the upswing when I want it down. I have no idea what to do with myself. I'm avoiding Jayne's thread to keep from dragging it down when the news over there is so good.

I feel like I could break any moment.

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on January 16, 2018, 11:44:41 AM
Steph, Your comment is kind, unrealistic, but kind. I see what I see ....

Over the weekend I was all set to not come back to the forums. My head was zoned out to futility, exasperated by the unproductive Dr visit yesterday .. which was productive, really, just a set-back in time which I feel I have so little of and have lost so much of. Now I'm back to no time frame, wondering, and waiting. 

I can feel the T in there doing it's thing, these past few weeks I can tell it's on the upswing when I want it down. I have no idea what to do with myself. I'm avoiding Jayne's thread to keep from dragging it down when the news over there is so good.

I feel like I could break any moment.
I crave external validation of how I'm doing all the time. As the outside source for the opinion on your presentation, I'm the one who gets to decide what's realistic. Your view is skewed. You know that I know exactly what you're feeling. I also wouldn't accept positive comments from anyone when I felt the way you do now. Just know that it's the absolute truth that the first knee-jerk reaction that my brain sent me was, "nice looking lady."

You've definitely got a case of the yeahbuts. I think you've seen me define that term before. Ride it out, and never forget that you've got tons of friends out here wishing the best for you. It gets better.

"Yeah, but..."

SLAP!

Your sister,

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Katie Ellen

Faith,

I know what it's like to feel the way you do right now. I ride the rollercoaster constantly. I'm much older than you and I'm still giving it a shot. You have plenty of time so be patient.

I think it's a really good picture. The best I've seen of you. It would be even better though if you had a big smile on your face.
Katie Ellen
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Faith on January 16, 2018, 08:39:28 AM
Now, I am sitting here at work in a most obvious woman's top, mostly keeping covered by my jean jacket except when sitting at my desk. How does it look? Well, since I am disclosing, here is a quick selfie:

The front cam sucks so any selfie looks out of focus. It's a real pain trying to take a short-armed selfie without obvious focal distortion.
Faith, there's only one thing wrong with that pic.  (Well, besides the focus distortion)  No smile.   ;D
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Faith

Quote from: raeanne on January 16, 2018, 01:40:07 PM... It would be even better though if you had a big smile on your face.

Quote from: KathyLauren on January 16, 2018, 01:51:54 PMFaith, there's only one thing wrong with that pic.  (Well, besides the focus distortion)  No smile.   ;D

I am smiling, see how those little corners turn up? You can just see it if you zoom in and focus mostly on the left side of the photo. Truth, for me that is a good smile.

I do want to thank you all for the kind comments. Belief may come some day.

•  

Anne Blake

Hey girl, give yourself a break (yes that is so much easier to tell someone else than receive it yourself). I just love the way your hair frames your face in the photo. Yes, I can see the slight upturn of your smile, put that into the "Can use some work" category and now let your friends lift your spirits a bit! Looking at your picture I can't believe that you don't see Faith in that face.
  •  

Jayne01

Hey girl! I love the picture. It's tour best one yet. Others have beaten me to it, but I agree that the smoke could use some work. Believe in yourself. Like Steph said, the first impression from that photo is a lady. Further scrutiny still comes up with a lady. Your hair looks good, it's a lovely blouse, the makeup and necklace is just right, not over powering. The only criticism is Work on your smile. I am not just saying any of that to be nice. I know you don't like false compliments. I am being totally honest. This is your best photo I have seen so far. You should consider updating your profile photo with this one.

I'm sorry about the minor setback with the dr. It's hard to remain patient and not lose hope before you have started the medical process. Until you get your HRT, continue to do what you are doing. Getting more and more comfortable with your appearance, developing your makeup skills, learning to accept that you look much better than you think. You will get your HRT. This is just a small setback in the overall scheme of things.

Jayne

PS: you really do look good. Everything works well together and suits you.
  •  

Faith

Alright!! Alright!! Alright!!  I look good!! ... to you (has to have a disclaimer)

Rough start to the morning. Put everything together last night so I'd have extra time this morning. Well, I blew that. I still took too long getting ready, rushed though putting my lunch stuff together. I ended up forgetting to take my blood pressure meds. My head's throbbing already. I only have my spearmint and lavender tea to get through the day :(

I have a therapist visit tonight (which is why I prepped myself the night before, for all that ended up being worth). I have this bad feeling of trying to out on a good face with spiked blood pressure. It's very hard to keep your mood up when that happens. I may leave work early to grab pills on the way through, be too late to have any affect for the session though.

Some extra info from Monday's bum time. As I mentioned, my Wife Pulled me out of a slump. Without going in to more detail, I will post one comment that she made. As she lie there smiling she looked at me and said, "I can't believe I just made love to a guy in a dress" ;D

now, before anyone says anything about the 'guy' comment. I am 'her man'. Have been, will be, and I am 100% ok with that.

The real point is her acceptance, easy open acceptance, of me and how/who I am. That means more than any words used. You can accept with the wrong words and not accept using the right ones ... just sayin' :)

•  

Jayne01

You have an awesome wife Faith. Do not ever let her go! As far as I'm concerned, our wives get a lifetime pass to call us whatever they choose. I don't care if my wife calls me he, she, boy, girl, whatever......she calls me a turkey a lot [emoji15] I don't mind any of it. She accepts me for who I am and has chosen to stay with me. That has earned her the right to call me anything, anytime and I will always answer with a smile. Your wife sounds very much like mine in that regard. That's awesome!!!

I hope your blood pressure doesn't give you too much grief throughout the day. I also hope your therapist visit goes well and you come out in a better place than when you went in.

Take care girl

Jayne

PS (again!): I just scrolled back up the page and yes, I still think you look good. The whole look suits you really well. [emoji106]
  •  

Rachel

Faith, I think you look great in the work photo.

Can you contact a LGBT center and find a trans support group. There you can find out about a doctor to prescribe HRT.
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •