Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Faith's Progress

Started by Faith, November 10, 2017, 06:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah_P

I end up stabbing my eyes with the mascara wand about every other day. 0X
I wish I could get it done in 10 minutes. It usually takes that long for eyeliner alone.
I like that nail polish! Might have to try that one out.

Quote from: Faith on January 26, 2018, 07:15:41 AM
We had picked up some slacks? leggings? neither really, a cross between. Picked those out for work and a top. I wasn't too sure about wearing it for work, Lori pushed me out the door. 2 compliments in the first hour ... I guess it's OK.

A coworker / friend of mine wears something like that at work most days. I asked her, but she wasn't sure if they had some special name or anything. I think it's kind of like skinny jeans, but slacks - made with stretchy material (actually, I'm wearing a pair right now!).
--Sarah P

There's a world out there, just waiting
If you only let go what's inside
Live every moment, give it your all, enjoy the ride
- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Faith

Quote from: Sarah_P on January 26, 2018, 12:25:34 PM...A coworker / friend of mine wears something like that at work most days. I asked her, but she wasn't sure if they had some special name or anything. I think it's kind of like skinny jeans, but slacks - made with stretchy material (actually, I'm wearing a pair right now!)...

Those slacks description sounds about right. I want to get a long top to go with them to give it a kind of dress/skirt feel without being one.

QuoteI end up stabbing my eyes with the mascara wand about every other day

owww!!!

QuoteI wish I could get it done in 10 minutes. It usually takes that long for eyeliner alone

My time is 10 - 20 mins. When everything goes right it takes 10 (which is getting more often) .. practice .. practice ...

QuoteI like that nail polish! Might have to try that one out

Sally Hansen, Diamond Strength #340. It has the name "Something New" on the bottle.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Faith

A topic that has come up at home.  Renewing our vows.  This June will mark 36 years together, we dated for 2 yrs before.

Some of the grief I put her through due to undiagnosed/untreated depression really messed up what should have been some of our best years. Hopefully with my changes upcoming years will again be included in the best category.

Serious or not? Several times recently she's mentioned wearing a tux for it and now me in a dress as well. sis-in-law she had the conversation with thinks it's a great idea (of course) and volunteered to 'give me away' (I gave her away at her wedding). She may have to fight my eldest over that duty.

I have mixed feelings. YES, I'd love to. Then it's like .. people I would want to include in a renewal will come, unlikely to come with "role reversal" Sure, you can invite and plan on people not coming but when they don't it still hurts that they didn't care and respect enough to show support even if not in agreement.

So, plan ahead, possibly 40th anniversary? I don't want to wait for the 50th if we do it, I may be dead by then .. plus I wouldn't want to wait that long. We'll see.

I'm not looking for responses I'm just airing my thoughts.

•  

Anne Blake

Hi Faith,

The idea of renewing vows is one we have been talking about for nearly a year now. This month was our 34th anniversary and at my birthday party last February my wife eloquently proposed or more correctly, asked me to commit to remaining with her as wife and wife for the rest of our days. Of course not a dry eye in the place. We have talked about a simple commitment ceremony with a few friends and also a grand wedding, dresses and all. I go from one to the other (OMG, some of those dresses are so beautiful!). My biggest problem is that I don't feel worthy of asking people to gather to celebrate with this crazy old lady. I don't know what I would do if we held a party and no one came. You said something similar and I can feel the hurt.

Tia Anne
  •  

Faith

Tia, that's awesome that you not only talked about it but been proposed to!

Yes, no one showing up, unfortunately, is a very likely scenario for us. We been to other 'friends' parties, big crowds all supposed friends. We plan one, invite. We get maybe 5-6 and not all at once, just straggling through in their spare time :(

Sounds like you should really move forward though. Just think of the all those pretty dresses that you looked at. Psst, you don't need a big wedding to have a dress worthy of one :)

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Anne Blake on January 26, 2018, 05:46:37 PMMy biggest problem is that I don't feel worthy of asking people to gather to celebrate with this crazy old lady. I don't know what I would do if we held a party and no one came.

I would be there. For yours too, Faith.

- Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Laurie

All I got to say is I better get invites. Whether I can actually  attend is something I don't know.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Faith

Quote from: Laurie on January 26, 2018, 10:43:10 PM
All I got to say is I better get invites. Whether I can actually  attend is something I don't know.

Quote from: Steph2.0 on January 26, 2018, 09:37:32 PM
I would be there. For yours too, Faith.

- Stephanie

Of course you'd both be invited, along with everyone on here. There is a short list of 'important invites' .. hmm, I wonder who they are? ;D

Steph would be obligated, no choice there, she lives too close to make excuses ... Laurie, I may accept an excuse, we'll see. I'll work on my guilt-trip special powers. Women seem to be real good at guilt'ing people into things. Jayne .. JAYNE!! WAKE UP FROM VACATION!! .. Jayne has to come, better start saving now or I'll have to cancel before we even start.  And none of that guy mode garbage. Once you're here your true self must shine - that means everyone who's still teetering.

Another step.

Did I mention taking a morning dog walk the other day in my day dress? I can't remember. I'd figured, it's early, just me .. off with the dogs. Well, some bicyclists ... about 20 or so ... go riding by all strung out .. G'morning .. Good morning .. over and over.  :o

Anyways, today, another morning dog walk, day dress. Lori went with me. She has no problem with me in a dress around home or out walking in our area. In town in public, not ready. That's OK I'm not ready either. I may never wear a dress 'in town' I do want to get comfortable with the choice though. One of those, "I want to know that I can, even if I never do".

It's another good day. So many in a row, I don't know what to do with myself.

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on January 27, 2018, 10:31:53 AM
Did I mention taking a morning dog walk the other day in my day dress? I can't remember. I'd figured, it's early, just me .. off with the dogs. Well, some bicyclists ... about 20 or so ... go riding by all strung out .. G'morning .. Good morning .. over and over.  :o

Anyways, today, another morning dog walk, day dress.

Kathy, let me take this one.

Ahem...

Pics or it didn't happen.

Did I do that right?

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Steph2.0 on January 27, 2018, 10:36:07 AM

Ahem...

Did I do that right?

Stephanie

HAH!

I don't know about pics, you'll have to ask Lori if she snuck one. I can't seem to take a full body selfie at all much less do it while walking the dogs.

Right now I'm in grungy clothes, I have to play mechanic. I just know I'm going to mess up my nails. On the plus side, I'll get to try a different polish if I do :D

•  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Steph2.0 on January 27, 2018, 10:36:07 AM

Ahem...

Did I do that right?

Stephanie
Perfect, sister Steph!  Just the right intonation and everything!

Faith, I am so glad things are going well for you.  What an awesome thing to be planning a recommittment ceremony after so many years together!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Laurie

Yep Faith, Pics or it didn't happen. Do I need to have a talk with Lori?

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Faith

Lori claims she took a picture from the back .. it's gone. I assume it was too ugly and she deleted it 'by mistake'

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Faith on January 27, 2018, 01:42:28 PM
Lori claims she took a picture from the back .. it's gone. I assume it was too ugly and she deleted it 'by mistake'
Well tell her she has been appointed Faith's official photo documentor.  We will hold her accountable in upholding the "No picture,  then it didn't happen" policy.

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: Faith on January 27, 2018, 10:31:53 AM
Of course you'd both be invited, along with everyone on here. There is a short list of 'important invites' .. hmm, I wonder who they are? ;D

Steph would be obligated, no choice there, she lives too close to make excuses ... Laurie, I may accept an excuse, we'll see. I'll work on my guilt-trip special powers. Women seem to be real good at guilt'ing people into things. Jayne .. JAYNE!! WAKE UP FROM VACATION!! .. Jayne has to come, better start saving now or I'll have to cancel before we even start.  And none of that guy mode garbage. Once you're here your true self must shine - that means everyone who's still teetering.

Another step.

Anyways, today, another morning dog walk, day dress. Lori went with me. She has no problem with me in a dress around home or out walking in our area. In town in public, not ready. That's OK I'm not ready either. I may never wear a dress 'in town' I do want to get comfortable with the choice though. One of those, "I want to know that I can, even if I never do".

It's another good day. So many in a row, I don't know what to do with myself.
Faith, I'm starting to detect a pattern developing here. Every time I go offline for a bit, I come to find you have made one significant progress. Plans to renew vows, wearing a dress while walking the dog (which I agree with the others pictures or it didn't happen!). It seems I have to leave you alone more often. You also have your consult in a little over a week and will hopefully get your HRT. I won't recognise you by the time I get back home. How exciting! I expect to see more photos of you with an ever growing big grinning smile.

And what's this I hear about a party? I would love to be able to come. When? Where? Details girl! Give us the details!!!

Jayne
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Jayne01 on January 27, 2018, 10:25:30 PM
Faith, I'm starting to detect a pattern developing here. Every time I go offline for a bit, I come to find you have made one significant progress. Plans to renew vows, wearing a dress while walking the dog (which I agree with the others pictures or it didn't happen!). It seems I have to leave you alone more often. You also have your consult in a little over a week and will hopefully get your HRT. I won't recognise you by the time I get back home. How exciting! I expect to see more photos of you with an ever growing big grinning smile.

And what's this I hear about a party? I would love to be able to come. When? Where? Details girl! Give us the details!!!

Jayne

Leave me alone, with these people!!??  I don't think so!!!

Party, nothing immediate. The renewal I think will be June of 2022 for our 40th. WOW 2022, never thought I be around for the 2020's .. wait, I'm not yet. :P  Ever growing smile,? It's pretty strained this morning.

I'd like to clarify as well. When I said everyone is welcome I meant it. So, you FtM's that want to come I didn't meant to exclude you. So, the 'no boy mode' obviously doesn't apply to you.

pics or it didn't happen. Against my better judgment, here are two pics. I do not like them. I look like the old man in a dress that I am.

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Faith on January 28, 2018, 07:56:47 AM

Party, nothing immediate. The renewal I think will be June of 2022 for our 40th. WOW 2022, never thought I be around for the 2020's .. wait, I'm not yet. [emoji14]  Ever growing smile,? It's pretty strained this morning.

I'd like to clarify as well. When I said everyone is welcome I meant it. So, you FtM's that want to come I didn't meant to exclude you. So, the 'no boy mode' obviously doesn't apply to you.

pics or it didn't happen. Against my better judgment, here are two pics. I do not like them. I look like the old man in a dress that I am.

No one said anything about pictures having to be beautiful.  All we said was we need to see one or it didn't happen. Besides those are not terrible. A pretty red dress and a lovely pink hat. What's to complain about?

•  

bobbisue

Faith you look fine better than I go most days and I have been full time for 2 months I don't get many funny looks any more not because I pass as I don't but because I have become comfortable as myself

bobbisue :)
[ gotta be me everyone else is taken ]
started HRT june 16 2017              
Out to all my family Oct 21 2017 no rejections
Fulltime Dec 9 2017 ahead of schedule
First pass Dec 11 2017
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Laurie on January 28, 2018, 08:11:44 AM
No one said anything about pictures having to be beautiful.  All we said was we need to see one or it didn't happen. Besides those are not terrible. A pretty red dress and a lovely pink hat. What's to complain about?

Da shoes boss, da shoes :) 
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on January 28, 2018, 07:56:47 AM

Party, nothing immediate. The renewal I think will be June of 2022 for our 40th. WOW 2022, never thought I be around for the 2020's .. wait, I'm not yet. :P  Ever growing smile,? It's pretty strained this morning.

Well, I think you look great, except you forgot to put on the smile. I like the layers with the sweater and wrap. And despite the sign, don't stop!

Stephanie

•