Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Obsession with our trans issues and idolatry

Started by amandam, November 12, 2017, 12:30:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amandam

Many of us can get obsessed. Some are obsessed with the clothes, some with female bodies. We look at and long to be women. I'm even guilty of doing it in church. Looking at all the pretty girls and what they are wearing and wanting to be them. I know my focus should be on Godly things, not those girls, especially in church. And then these thoughts never leave us unless we get real busy. This can't be healthy mentally.

So, is this obsession idolizing women? Is it worshiping women? Maybe, it's like having an open wound. You keep thinking about your injury. It's never more than two seconds away from your mind. Maybe with transition you stop obsessing with women and become "normal". What are your thoughts?
Out of the closet to family 4-2019
  •  

Deborah

With HRT all of that went away very quickly.  I'm not sure if it is the lowering of testosterone or the raising of estrogen but the feeling of normality came within a matter of weeks.  I remember posting exactly that thought here back in 2015.

Actually, given the speed of the effect it was probably the raising of estrogen since testosterone did not drop off really low until later than that.  That still leaves unanswered why changing the hormone balance has such a dramatic effect of thoughts and emotions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Jailyn

Deborah, is right with myself as well with the HRT that went away quickly. Now occasionally I do get this twinge of jealousy at a girls looks because she looks so beautiful. The other obsession about looking like them left me for sure.
  •  

Roll

Even without HRT, I had this go away. The big reason I didn't deal with my issues for years was because I idolized women, placing the idea of being a woman on a pedestal as something unattainable for lowly me. It took being around my sister on a daily basis to humanize women to enable me to reach this point. Sure there is some common envy still at play ("I wish I had narrow shoulders like her"), but I don't think that it rises to idolatry.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

HappyMoni

Quote from: amandam on November 12, 2017, 12:30:02 AM
Many of us can get obsessed. Some are obsessed with the clothes, some with female bodies. We look at and long to be women. I'm even guilty of doing it in church. Looking at all the pretty girls and what they are wearing and wanting to be them. I know my focus should be on Godly things, not those girls, especially in church. And then these thoughts never leave us unless we get real busy. This can't be healthy mentally.

So, is this obsession idolizing women? Is it worshiping women? Maybe, it's like having an open wound. You keep thinking about your injury. It's never more than two seconds away from your mind. Maybe with transition you stop obsessing with women and become "normal". What are your thoughts?

I don't think the answer is to be guilty for having these feelings. Nobody wants dysphoria. People don't want to be obsessed by this, but it is something that is so important to us and it drives us crazy when goals are out of reach. My cure to these feeling has been progress. HRT helped, GCS helped a whole lot, but I keep plugging away to get mind and body lined up. Well, that is me. I think there is a problem with the obsessed part when you treat someone else badly. If you are in a relationship for example and you neglect the feelings of a partner, that's a problem. Being trans is no excuse for acting like a bad person.
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Allison S

It is bizzare. I don't think agonizing our gender and markers to achieve our desired outcome is normal or healthy. I've wished I'd been born a girl all my life. It's very consuming [emoji17]

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•