Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

How Many Christians Took The Time To Ask?

Started by Dianne H, November 29, 2017, 01:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dianne H

I don't want to turn this into Christian bashing. Please don't bash Christians. This is our forum and safe space to share that which helps us cope with being transgender.

We all have been ridiculed and hated. We all have probably had one or two who stayed friends as well.

Here's my questions:

1: How many Christians (family, friends or congregation members) took the time to know how you felt before turning on you?
2: How many took the time to get to know you?
3: How many took the time to study out what you showed them about being transgender?

I am curious as we lived in a world where Christianity has become split up, divided against it's self and confused. It seems like it swings from one end of the balance to the other.

One church preaches grace only where anything goes and another preaches works where nobody is good enough but them.

As I say, please don't use this to bash Christians or attempt to get us to justify what we believe. This is our space to share and strengthen one another.

This is for my own study of Christianity in areas of concern unto me.

May everyone have a blessed Christmas.

Christian
US Army vet
  •  

RobynD

Since its beginning the church has been divided. Many people over history were killed because of this. I still attend a fairly conservative church but will likely change in the next year or so, i visit other churches fairly often. So much goes into what is believed and what is practiced regarding LGTBQ+ people, it could fill up several books. We humans are divisive. Evolution-wise it probably served some function, but it sure beats up more advanced societies.

I saw about a core group of 5-6 individuals that support me and/or talk to me. The rest of the attendees avoid or ignore me completely and that includes people that were friends before transition. I think for many its just that i make them uncomfortable. Some of the former do try various forms of " curing me spiritually" but all of them do not really argue with the science.

The pastor did produce books for the congregation on transgender subjects and the main one is written by an author that is actually relatively supportive and said we should be included and loved in all churches. Its not a perfect book though because he takes research from Blanchard and others that is proven inaccurate.

Truly my faith at this point is a fairly dormant period for many reasons, but i still like to exercise my faith. I also go to practice my girl singing voice, which i think is getting progressively better :)

•  

DawnOday

There are only two things that matter to true Christians. Love God with all thy heart and Love thy neighbor as thyself. There are no greater commandments than these.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•