Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Guys: Do you use urinals or stalls?

Started by PurpleWolf, November 18, 2017, 02:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PurpleWolf

Have you ever tried urinals? How was it? Do you usually pack?

Or do you usually just use the stalls, ;)? Have you ever been self-conscious about peeing in a stall?

Is there any awkward moments you wanna share? Those "just one stall and lots of free urinals" stories... ;)!
---
Personally I don't pack, so... never used an urinal. Actually I avoid public bathrooms altogether... I don't even dare to use the men's room if I feel like I'm totally read as a woman... I have before, though. Now I feel I have to use the women's if I have to... though, to me personally, that feels inappropriate too from my part. But what can you do, ::)?

Oh, I have one awkward experience to share, though,  :D! Once I stopped somewhere while traveling... and was about to step in the men's room. As I opened the door, I saw there were no doors in the stalls :o! And there was this one boy sitting who looked kinda scared :o! I quickly closed the door... and didn't use the bathroom...

One other: I was about 13? Just came out as trans... We were traveling by car with my family and made a bathroom stop. Then, my mom goes in the women's and my dad in the men's. I SO did not want to use the women's with my mom. But was too scared to use the men's with my dad (who did not approve of me) either :-\! I really had to go - but didn't. Result: Severe pain in my stomach in the car for hours... Should have used that bathroom after all! Horrible experience! I begged the driver (a relative) to stop so I could go on the road side. He refused to stop. Totally should have used that bathroom at the gas station :embarrassed:!
This was a learning experience, though: Don't risk your kidneys with your pride, guys!
!!!REBIRTH=legal name change on Feb 16th 2018!!!
This is where life begins for me. It's a miracle I finally got it done.

My body is the home of my soul; not the other way around.

I'm more than anything an individual; I'm too complex to be put in any box.

- A social butterfly not living in social isolation anymore  ;D -
(Highly approachable but difficult to grasp)

The past is overrated - why stick with it when you are able to recreate yourself every day
  •  

Ryuichi13

Stalls, definitely.  I haven't bought a STP yet, not sure I want to.  I'd rather save my money for a pack and play, since the STP I would get is $200.

I usually go into the stall, turn like I'm about to stand and piss as I undo my pants and either put down toilet paper or hover.  Then turn around as I pull my pants up and  refasten my belt.

Fortunately, most cis men don't look under the stall wall to see if you're standing or sitting anyways, since it could be considered "gay," or "threatening."  I do the whole thing simply for my own satisfaction.  One day I'll get a STP, so maybe its practice. [emoji16]

I have my own "holding it" story.  I went out to a local club and after having a few drinks, wanted to use the mens room.  I opened the door, saw the stalls had no doors and mentally said "NOPE!"  I held it for the rest of the night.  Its also why I ended up leaving early, so the bar lost out on me buying any more high-priced drinks too! [emoji23]

Ryuichi
Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

•  

Oblivion

Stalls, never used a urinal. I have the EZP STP but I rarely use it. I prefer to pack with the Mr Limpy day to day and honestly I'd be terrified of pissing all over my clothes when I was out which causes a lot more anxiety than having to use a cubical. I used to be scared to piss in the stall sitting just because I've been told by some of my mates that cis guys don't go to the stalls to piss but what are they gonna do when they hear me? Wait outside and confront me? Nah. It also used to bother me waiting an age for the only stall but if a guy needs a >-bleeped-< he's gonna wait, and that's what everyone thinks you're there for when you're waiting for a stall (if they even care).

I have many awkward pissing experiences. One of the best imo was I was out drinking with all of my workmates. We got to a club and by this point I was way passed my limit. Bearing in mind I'm stealth so my colleagues think I'm a cis guy. I really needed a piss so ran to the loo and locked myself in the cubicle. Turns out I'd run into the women's and one of my friends was banging on the door telling me to get out but I honestly didn't care, I needed a piss. When I opened the door I fell into her arms and she had to help me wash my hands, all the while two girls were in the corner staring at us asking why a guy was in the women's loos. Bit embarrassing but pretty sure I would have wet myself if I didn't get to that toilet. Drinking makes it go right through you. Definitely be careful drinking.
  •  

PurpleWolf

Turns out I'd run into the women's and one of my friends was banging on the door telling me to get out but I honestly didn't care, I needed a piss. When I opened the door I fell into her arms and she had to help me wash my hands

Totally made my day  ;D ;D ;D!!!

The past is overrated - why stick with it when you are able to recreate yourself every day
  •  

PurpleWolf

I'd be terrified of pissing all over my clothes when I was out which causes a lot more anxiety than having to use a cubical.

Same! Though I haven't even tried to use a packer, ever. Sometimes I do wonder what it'd be like to use the urinals... But I'm pretty sure I'd just wet myself,  :o!

•  

PurpleWolf

BTW, why on hell do bathrooms have stalls but no DOORS in them?!! Whose idea was that?!

•  

TransAm

Quote from: PurpleWolf on November 18, 2017, 09:27:27 PM
BTW, why on hell do bathrooms have stalls but no DOORS in them?!! Whose idea was that?!

Some places do it because they're trying to save money and employee resources. Bathrooms can be fairly expensive to maintain and need to be cleaned pretty frequently in order to function optimally. Some companies, in an effort to curb general wear and tear on their facilities as well as discourage excessive messes, opt to make their restrooms as uncomfortable as possible (which usually means getting down to the bare bones). It works: A lot of people, off-put by the lack of privacy, skip using the restroom and the remainder are much less likely to, say, defecate all over the seat/floor and just walk off.

As far as the other question goes, I'll always opt to use a urinal if it's a single occupant restroom because they're the easiest for me to use. I've been able to stand and piss naturally since I was a kid; unfortunately, I have to pull my pants down just slightly too low to get away with doing it out in the open in a multi-person restroom. I've never been able to control my stream just enough in the last 1-2 seconds to avoid dripping on my pants otherwise.
That said, I usually just go into a stall, loosely shut the door and piss.
The most awkward thing I ever walked in on was a guy standing buck naked and masturbating in a public park bathroom. We shared a very brief moment of eye contact before he turned away and did a really weird, really hilarious 'gallop' off to one of the stalls. I just turned around and left.
"I demolish my bridges behind me - then there is no choice but forward." - Fridtjof Nansen
  •  

PurpleWolf

The most awkward thing I ever walked in on was a guy standing buck naked and masturbating in a public park bathroom. We shared a very brief moment of eye contact before he turned away and did a really weird, really hilarious 'gallop' off to one of the stalls. I just turned around and left.

Guys, you are killing me  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D!!!!!

•  

Ryuichi13

Quote from: PurpleWolf on November 18, 2017, 09:20:59 PM
I'd be terrified of pissing all over my clothes when I was out which causes a lot more anxiety than having to use a cubical.

Same! Though I haven't even tried to use a packer, ever. Sometimes I do wonder what it'd be like to use the urinals... But I'm pretty sure I'd just wet myself,  :o!
When uou use a STP, they say to practice in the shower a number of times first and then use your toilet.

Personally, I love my packer.  Sometimes when I return home from someplace, I'll even wear it around the house.

Ryuichi

•  

Caleb18

Stalls only. Sometimes, I go through the awkward anxiety where I feel like I have to do more than just pee if it's pretty crowded and I'm obviously sitting. As I've aged though, I've started to move away from doing that.

I've never been a fan of the prospect of using an STP. I'm *extremely* prone to urinary tract infections so I can't imagine any excess urine not getting immediately dried off would be good for me.

The big thing that helped me was to find out that a lot of guys actually do sit to pee. In fact, one of my cismale friends said he does because he is Muslim and it's sometimes convenient to do so if he wants to be clean for prayer.
~I am everything I thought I could never be~
  •  

PurpleWolf

The big thing that helped me was to find out that a lot of guys actually do sit to pee. In fact, one of my cismale friends said he does because he is Muslim and it's sometimes convenient to do so if he wants to be clean for prayer.

Great,  :D!

Yeah... I doubt that anyone really cares (or listens) what you do in a toilet... It's just us,  :laugh:!

•  

invisiblemonsters

i don't pack and i use the stall. i used to be very self conscious about not packing but as i got further in my transition, i stopped caring so much about what people think. i think once i started growing my facial hair and had top surgery, it became less of an issue to use stalls for me. i still want to get an stp but that is more for convenience then for dysphoria about it.
  •  

Daisy Jane

Quote from: PurpleWolf on November 18, 2017, 09:27:27 PM

Depends on the place. The only times I've seen it were at a couple music venues. I think the idea was to discourage drug use.
  •  

Kylo

I just prefer stalls.

Something about the more psychologically comfortable position of not standing around exposed with your back to a potential stranger.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Ryuichi13

Quote from: Viktor on November 21, 2017, 06:50:35 AM
I just prefer stalls.

Something about the more psychologically comfortable position of not standing around exposed with your back to a potential stranger.
Oh good, I'm not the only one that feels that way!

Of course, the fact that I've probably seen WAY too many slasher movies too doesn't help. [emoji6]

Ryuichi

•  

November Fox

I always stand, but I use stalls.
I feel uncomfortable with my anatomy, even is that anatomy is lengthened with something.

Not sure if I´d ever be okay pissing in a urinal next to a cisman. I´m not that fond of physical proximity and much less so in this setting. I wasn´t even fond of sitting in a stall next to someone, back when I had to go to the other room.
  •  

Jailyn

I know you pushed this to FTM's but, the same could be asked of us MTF's as well. I would always use the urinal before but, shortly after getting on hormones I used the stalls. I would not use them for the most part before. After a month on e, I would exclusively use the stall in the men's room. It wasn't like a conscience thing I did, just was a natural transition.
  •  

Sawney1000000

I use the urinal, even though my STP device is bright blue and very obviously not a dick lmao. I guess Im a bit reckless
I'm made of music and beautiful colors!!

I DONT HAVE AN INSIDE VOICE!!!!

•  

dissipate

Quote from: PurpleWolf on November 18, 2017, 02:19:22 PM
Oh, I have one awkward experience to share, though,  :D! Once I stopped somewhere while traveling... and was about to step in the men's room. As I opened the door, I saw there were no doors in the stalls :o! And there was this one boy sitting who looked kinda scared :o! I quickly closed the door... and didn't use the bathroom...

Too funny lol. Thank you for asking this... I have been wondering myself, and wondering how many stalls there are in men's toilets. What if there's only one, and someone is using it to do a number 2, and you really need to pee?

That said, how many people use pee funnels?
  •  

Ryuichi13

Quote from: dissipate on December 04, 2017, 07:15:37 AM
Too funny lol. Thank you for asking this... I have been wondering myself, and wondering how many stalls there are in men's toilets. What if there's only one, and someone is using it to do a number 2, and you really need to pee?

That said, how many people use pee funnels?

I usually wait until the stall is free. 

A lot of men seem to use STPs (Stand To Pee) devices.  I don't, I simply sit.  Most men don't pay attention anyways, often for fear of being thought of as "gay."  They go in, do their business and leave.

Ryuichi

•