Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 2.0

Started by big kim, November 23, 2017, 03:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V M

Quote from: Dena on February 02, 2018, 10:40:04 PM
Sweet Peas are a flower that I am not sure you would want to eat. Possibly some call sugar snap peas sweet peas but if you do, it could lead to some confusion.

I think I'm confused enough already as far as peas go LOL  :D  I was probably eating sugar snap peas
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Maddie86 on February 02, 2018, 07:23:38 PM
I never ate peas whenever my mom or grandmother would serve them, but years back I worked on a small farm that had some peas growing in one of their greenhouses and they were so good! I ate em raw off the vine! I haven't worked there in 10 years and I think that was the last time I had peas lol
I never ate peas either. Everyone knew better than to even serve them to me. I think I was born hating peas. My dad told me that when I was a baby everytime he ever tried to feed me strained peas I spit them right out. Even babies know peas are nasty!  Lol
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Laurie on February 03, 2018, 12:12:21 AM
From the wiki on Sweet Pea
AHA! See? Not only are peas disgusting they are poisonus! 
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

V M

My mom caught me using a spoon to launch my peas at everyone including the cat  >:-)
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

MollyPants

Wow it's almost like peas are marmite here! Tehe I love fresh peas off the pod. It's one of the best things about summer :) I just had another portion mushy peas with a steak and ale pie for lunch :)

Tonight I'm cooking roast shoulder of lamb with lots of garlic and onions. Roast potatoes with a parmasan crust and some veggies. I think I'll make a redcurrant sauce out of the juices as well :) no peas either!!! Lol

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: MollyPants on February 03, 2018, 10:21:54 AM
Wow it's almost like peas are marmite here! Tehe I love fresh peas off the pod. It's one of the best things about summer :) I just had another portion mushy peas with a steak and ale pie for lunch :)

Tonight I'm cooking roast shoulder of lamb with lots of garlic and onions. Roast potatoes with a parmasan crust and some veggies. I think I'll make a redcurrant sauce out of the juices as well :) no peas either!!! Lol

Marmite is the British cousin of Aussie vegemite. Both are in the same category as peas. Disgusting! Ow wow, I just had an awful thought. Tristan puts vegemite on all kinds of stuff. If I ever saw him eat peas with vegemite I would have to break up with him.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

V M

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 02, 2018, 08:52:41 PM
Well whichever way it was with the contemplation between you and the burrito, if after eating the pizza slice you had the burrito, was the burrito tasty-good?

I can say that I never had a California Burrito.

Chrissy

It was great!!!  ;D  There are several variations but a California burrito is basically diced steak with French fries, beans, salsa and sour cream and/or avocado

- V M
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I do know that the canned sweat peas from the grocery can taste rather good to me but I never much cared for the unsalted canned peas.

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Julia1996 on February 03, 2018, 10:10:18 AM
AHA! See? Not only are peas disgusting they are poisonus!

No dear Sweet Julia. The flower type of peas "Sweet Pea" and the family of peas that it belongs to is toxic.  Not the delicious edible varieties. Now hush girl and eat your bacon and onion split pea soup. mmmmm good!!

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Laurie

Quote from: V M on February 03, 2018, 10:18:39 AM
My mom caught me using a spoon to launch my peas at everyone including the cat  >:-)

A spoon??? Everyone knows you eat peas with a knife.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Dena

Canned  peas were invented by the french and have to be one of the worst parts of their cuisine. If you want to eat peas, use the frozen ones and cook them in a microwave.

On the other hand, Split Pea soup is really good and it's one of the comfort foods from my childhood. It takes a while but I go heavy on the additions like carrots and onions so it's more of a vegetable soup.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Roll

Bamboo shoots are super crazy toxic, pure cyanide. Keep that in mind the next time you get something from an Asian place. ;D (Pandas have adapted to the cyanide and are essentially immune to it!)

(Seriously though, the canned and restaurant ones are totally safe. There is a method for rendering them toxin free. But that is why you can't buy them fresh, only canned.)
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: V M on February 03, 2018, 10:50:40 AM
It was great!!!  ;D  There are several variations but a California burrito is basically diced steak with French fries, beans, salsa and sour cream and/or avocado

So all of these ingredients are actually inside the burrito's tortilla?  Interesting, that is!
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

MollyPants

Quote from: Julia1996 on February 03, 2018, 10:29:27 AM
Marmite is the British cousin of Aussie vegemite. Both are in the same category as peas. Disgusting! Ow wow, I just had an awful thought. Tristan puts vegemite on all kinds of stuff. If I ever saw him eat peas with vegemite I would have to break up with him.
Peas and marmite sounds gross. I wouldn't put it past a boy to think that would be a good idea though! Bleugh

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: V M on February 03, 2018, 10:50:40 AM

That sounds really good.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Kendra

Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Kendra,

What I wanted to know is if the male identified (its brand name) salad dressing you had with your meals at the hospital was good?  Ha.

Chrissy
  •  

V M

Quote from: Laurie on February 03, 2018, 10:57:29 AM
  A spoon??? Everyone knows you eat peas with a knife.

But I wasn't eating the peas, I was trying to fling them into everybody's ears

- V M
  •  

V M

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 03, 2018, 10:59:46 AM

So all of these ingredients are actually inside the burrito's tortilla?  Interesting, that is!

Yes, it is all wrapped up in the tortilla

Ah, and I forgot to mention I put plenty of cheese in it as well

- V M
  •  

Kendra

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 03, 2018, 11:08:40 AM
Kendra,

What I wanted to know is if the male identified (its brand name) salad dressing you had with your meals at the hospital was good?  Ha.

Chrissy

LOL - yeah, the Ken's brand salad dressing was fine, not exactly gourmet but it got the job done. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •