Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 2.0

Started by big kim, November 23, 2017, 03:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MollyPants

I made bangers and mash with onion gravy last night :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

V M

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: MollyPants on February 22, 2018, 01:17:44 AM
I made bangers and mash with onion gravy last night :)

Yum!
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Last night I had pot roast with onions,carrots and potatoes topped with gravy. Canned gravy but that's ok. My dad threw it all in the slowcooker yesterday before he left for work.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

MollyPants

Quote from: Julia1996 on February 22, 2018, 09:02:06 AM
Last night I had pot roast with onions,carrots and potatoes topped with gravy. Canned gravy but that's ok. My dad threw it all in the slowcooker yesterday before he left for work.
I love slow cookers! They are the best at this time of year for making really tasty stews!

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: MollyPants on February 22, 2018, 09:19:19 AM
I love slow cookers! They are the best at this time of year for making really tasty stews!

I love them too. Not only do they save time but even if someone's cooking skills aren't really good they can still make decent stuff. My dad made a LOT of slow cooker stuff when I was growing up.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

MollyPants

Quote from: Julia1996 on February 22, 2018, 09:22:50 AM
I love them too. Not only do they save time but even if someone's cooking skills aren't really good they can still make decent stuff. My dad made a LOT of slow cooker stuff when I was growing up.
We did the same when I lived at my dad's for about a year. We'd bung some onions, carrots, garlic, stewing beef stock and beer in before work and then come home to a wonderful supper!

•  

Northern Star Girl

@ MollyPants:  OK, you have done it now...  you have iinspired me to make a one-pot meal for my early lunch/dinner.  I will try to post some pictures to make you hungry.
aspiringperson
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Julia1996

Question, I keep hearing about an instant pot. What's the difference between an instant pot and a slow cooker? ??????
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Julia1996 on February 22, 2018, 10:47:51 AM
Question, I keep hearing about an instant pot. What's the difference between an instant pot and a slow cooker? ??????

You smoke the instant pot
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Cassi on February 22, 2018, 11:22:54 AM
You smoke the instant pot

Very funny. I believe you are as much a smarty pants as I am. Lol
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Julia1996 on February 22, 2018, 11:26:18 AM
Very funny. I believe you are as much a smarty pants as I am. Lol

Probably a little more with 64 years experience Sweetie :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Cassi on February 22, 2018, 11:28:24 AM
Probably a little more with 64 years experience Sweetie :)

Yeah, there is the matter of your experience.  My dad and grandpa called me a " little smartass" so much growing up I thought it was my name until I was like 10. Lol. So I at least started young. Lol.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Northern Star Girl

OK MollyPants... you have inspired me to do a one-pot meal for dinner tonight.  I have this all put together and ready to cook when I get home from my busy day...  I will cook/steam this on the stovetop for about an hour and it will be a great one-pot meal on a cold day like today.  Cooked Cabbage with Kielbasa Sausage and lots of good veggies.

Aspiringperson
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

MollyPants

Quote from: Aspiringperson on February 22, 2018, 12:38:06 PM
OK MollyPants... you have inspired me to do a one-pot meal for dinner tonight.  I have this all put together and ready to cook when I get home from my busy day...  I will cook/steam this on the stovetop for about an hour and it will be a great one-pot meal on a cold day like today.  Cooked Cabbage with Kielbasa Sausage and lots of good veggies.

Aspiringperson
Oh wow that looks really tasty. What kind of sausage is that? I've never thought to cook sausages like that. Normally we grill them.

•  

Dena

Quote from: Julia1996 on February 22, 2018, 10:47:51 AM
An instant pot is a version of a pressure cooker however it's powered off wall power and can be used as a crock pot as well. Pressure cooking is a fast way of cooking and makes tough food tender however sometimes it does it at the cost of flavor. If you want the most flavor in a dish, a slow cooker is the way to go. I considered getting one but the limited size and the disadvantages of pressure cooking made me decide to stay with stove top and crock pots.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Dena on February 22, 2018, 03:24:12 PM
An instant pot is a version of a pressure cooker however it's powered off wall power and can be used as a crock pot as well. Pressure cooking is a fast way of cooking and makes tough food tender however sometimes it does it at the cost of flavor. If you want the most flavor in a dish, a slow cooker is the way to go. I considered getting one but the limited size and the disadvantages of pressure cooking made me decide to stay with stove top and crock pots.

Thank you.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

As Ellie would say, Taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahcos.  (Or something like that.)

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Katie Jade

Quote from: Aspiringperson on February 22, 2018, 12:38:06 PM

Aspiringperson

oh my gosh that looks divine.  Hopefully moving house next week so lets see if I can post a Lancashire hotpot for you - maybe in 10-14 days time, in my slow cooker..
Sorry GTG and snack now I have seen that,,,
Hugz
Katie
:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: >:-) :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •  

Katie Jade

And I make my own Staffordshire Oatcakes so maybe I will share the secret some time... :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: >:-) :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:
Hugz
Katie

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •