Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 2.0

Started by big kim, November 23, 2017, 03:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Star Girl

It's been a cold day today. I closed up shop and came home early to make a nice hearty cream soup.  I have been wanting to make corn chowder so here it goes.
Diced potatoes, diced onion, fine diced bacon, sliced carrots, sliced celery, and cream corn.     Cooked the raw veggies then made a slightly thickened cream sauce with flour/butter/half &half.... added remaining ingredients and some salt and pepper...  and let simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally ... made certain that the temperature was kept low enough so the cream sauce wouldn't break down.   DELICIOUS and a great meal for a cold evening.
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Well I went out to get some General Tso's chicken.

The general must have a lot of chickens, as this is sold at so many places.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 26, 2018, 09:32:53 PM
Well I went out to get some General Tso's chicken.

The general must have a lot of chickens, as this is sold at so many places.

Chrissy

I heard that the general uses pigeons for meat?
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Cassi on February 26, 2018, 10:10:47 PM

No, no truth to that.  It is chicken.
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 26, 2018, 10:19:39 PM

No, no truth to that.  It is chicken.

Oh, okay.  Must have been the other general, nuisance.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

stephaniec

•  

Kendra

Delta 199, Seattle to Seoul.  비빔밥 and 김치  (bibimbap and kimchi).  Quite nice for economy class seats.

Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Cassi on February 26, 2018, 10:10:47 PM

They eat pigeon in France. It was actually on a menu. They also eat horse. I actually ate horse in France not realizing it was horse. It tasted like regular meat. I did crave oats and carrots for a couple of days after though.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Last night we had potato ham and sausage soup. I made it. It took longer than usual because I had to keep resting between steps but I managed to get it in the slow cooker and by evening it was ready to eat. The guys were overjoyed when they got home. Potato soup is one of my dad's favorites.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

V M

Quote from: Julia1996 on February 27, 2018, 06:03:06 AM
They eat pigeon in France. It was actually on a menu. They also eat horse. I actually ate horse in France not realizing it was horse. It tasted like regular meat. I did crave oats and carrots for a couple of days after though.

When I lived in California some of the "Outdoors Men" folks would eat pigeons - They referred to it as "Urban chicken"

I made my version of a Monte Cristo (Had some ham and turkey slices this time), some weird round potato thingys like what you get at fast food places and an egg scramble with country gravy
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: V M on February 27, 2018, 06:10:53 AM
When I lived in California some of the "Outdoors Men" folks would eat pigeons - They referred to it as "Urban chicken"

I made my version of a Monte Cristo (Had some ham and turkey slices this time), some weird round potato thingys like what you get at fast food places and an egg scramble with country gravy

Pigeon just seems unappetizing. They are just flying rats really. I know people eat rats, mice and squirrels but I would have to be starving to eat those!  On those Alaska homestead shows my dad watches those people will eat anything that can't get away from them. Squirrels, beaver, porcupines, pack rats and even bears!  Ewwwww to all of it!  Normal meat that's clean and plastic wrapped for me thanks.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

V M

Yeah, I don't fancy it myself either, most of these "gentlemen" were combat vets who prefered living out in the woods -
Didn't care to much for society and such

They had a fairly well organized community and would refer to each other by the rank they held in whatever branch of the service they were in

A few would come into town for supplies which would include stuffing a duffle bag full of pigeons - Some would sell their handcrafted goods and did exceptional workmanship

Well, back to talking about dinner 
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Roll

Either tonight or tomorrow depending on how thawed the pork is, making homemade Ramen with some Sushi to go with it!
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Roll on February 27, 2018, 08:30:17 AM
Either tonight or tomorrow depending on how thawed the pork is, making homemade Ramen with some Sushi to go with it!
Sushi. Yummmmmmm! You're making sushi? Sushi is one thing I've never tried making. I just buy it or better yet go to a sushi bar. Mmmm.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Mac & Cheese tonight (homemade, not the awful box stuff).....
... with a nice green veggie, perhaps Broccoli or Green Beans... or maybe a small side salad.

Light lunch today at work.... can't hardly wait for dinner tonight
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Not sure yet for dinner...

It will not be pigeon though.   :)

Chrissy
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 27, 2018, 09:41:50 AM
Not sure yet for dinner...

It will not be pigeon though.   :)

Chrissy

Pigeon under glass?  Oops, peasant.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: V M on February 27, 2018, 06:10:53 AM

Yard birds is slang for chicken also :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Cassi

Cornish Game Hens...................................................... Nature's other pigeon :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •