Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Being naked with same-gender relatives?

Started by PurpleWolf, November 17, 2017, 12:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PurpleWolf

This might be the weirdest question ever, ;)!

Have you ever been in a situation (public showers, saunas, swimming halls, washrooms, locker rooms) where you have been naked with close family members or relatives (or friends) after transition? (for example: siblings, parents, grandparents, aunts/uncles, cousins etc...) People you grew up with who used to be the opposite sex than you!

Or would this weird you out? Or has transitioning made this natural somehow?

All I know, I would be weirded out to be naked with my dad... Though we are not that close to begin with, but...! Not that I'd be comfortable to be naked with my mom or any other family member either... I personally don't like to be naked with strangers in general.

But I think this is an weird issue... That you have been conditioned through your whole life to some rules, like you are not supposed to be naked with family members of the opposite sex!

So, have you ever gone with your brother to a locker room shower or.... ;)? Is it easier to you to use said facilities with total strangers - than with family members you've known your whole life? Or is it natural/ok to you? Does being close to said person play part? Or is that something you wouldn't even consider...?

Interesting to know!

[And by naked I mean generally using those facilities together - not necessarily that you need to have SRS and expose your genitals or anything... Just about, say, going with a relative to swimming, for example. After you feel comfortable enough using the right facilities and pass well enough etc.!]
!!!REBIRTH=legal name change on Feb 16th 2018!!!
This is where life begins for me. It's a miracle I finally got it done.

My body is the home of my soul; not the other way around.

I'm more than anything an individual; I'm too complex to be put in any box.

- A social butterfly not living in social isolation anymore  ;D -
(Highly approachable but difficult to grasp)

The past is overrated - why stick with it when you are able to recreate yourself every day
  •  

Faith

pre or not .. never, no way, either sex. My nakedness is for me and my wife, no one else ... ick.

obviously I'll never be a nudist .. wait, is naturalist the right term now? I hate PC talk.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Kylo

Going swimming with either sex of my relatives or friends? No problem. Not bothered. Not that I'm likely to any time soon.

Being totally naked with them? I'd rather not, but it's not going to kill me if I saw them and they saw me. Not like this whole transition thing is a big secret or shocker anymore.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

HappyMoni

I have been shopping and been in a dressing room with my son's girl friend. She has also been in the room when I dilate. It was kind of affirming as  it proved her acceptance of me.
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

RobynD

I'm also naked in the locker rooms, dressing rooms with friends when we go shopping. We go to nude beaches a couple times per year and there are many of my gender there. I have no close female relatives other than daughters and we keep the average respect of modesty within families intact.

Quote from: Faith on November 17, 2017, 12:24:30 PM
pre or not .. never, no way, either sex. My nakedness is for me and my wife, no one else ... ick.

obviously I'll never be a nudist .. wait, is naturalist the right term now? I hate PC talk.

Nudist and Naturist still both work (not naturalist though that is someone that writes books about foraging for wild mushrooms and stuff like that ) :)

•  

Faith

Quote from: RobynD on November 17, 2017, 03:46:09 PM...Nudist and Naturist still both work (not naturalist though that is someone that writes books about foraging for wild mushrooms and stuff like that ) :)

HAH!, too funny, I missed an auto-correct. That'll teach me not to proof read :P
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

zirconia

Quote from: PurpleWolf on November 17, 2017, 12:21:25 PMHave you ever been in a situation (public showers, saunas, swimming halls, washrooms, locker rooms) where you have been naked with close family members or relatives (or friends) after transition? (for example: siblings, parents, grandparents, aunts/uncles, cousins etc...) People you grew up with who used to be the opposite sex than you!
No. I used to but only very rarely see them now. Thinking about it, I'm sort of in between though so this is maybe not really "after." I guess the question is only for those who have fully transitioned. Maybe that makes this irrelevant, but since I started to write I might just as well post it...

Quote from: PurpleWolf on November 17, 2017, 12:21:25 PMBut I think this is an weird issue... That you have been conditioned through your whole life to some rules, like you are not supposed to be naked with family members of the opposite sex!
I agree—that does sound weird to me as well. I feel relieved I wasn't.

Quote from: PurpleWolf on November 17, 2017, 12:21:25 PMSo, have you ever gone with your brother to a locker room shower or.... ;)?
Yes. Baths, shared bedrooms and such.

Quote from: PurpleWolf on November 17, 2017, 12:21:25 PMIs it easier to you to use said facilities with total strangers - than with family members you've known your whole life? Or is it natural/ok to you?
To me right now OK feels the best fitting of the three choices, I think.

Quote from: PurpleWolf on November 17, 2017, 12:21:25 PMDoes being close to said person play part? Or is that something you wouldn't even consider...?
That part might. The less closely I know people the less I care. Sensing unuttered questions from people close to me, however, might disturb me.
  •  

Julia1996

Being naked has always been a huge trigger for my GD. I have never let anyone see me naked if I could help it. I never had to do gym classes in school because a lot of it involved outdoor activities and I can't spend any length of time in the sun. So thankfully I was spared being in a boys locker room. When I take a shower I take clean clothes in the bathroom with me and come out of the bathroom fully dressed. My dad and brother both thought that was weird. I also shut and locked my bedroom door before changing clothes. When I was 10 I had a bad stomach virus and had vomiting and a lot of diarrhea. My dad took my clothes off, put me in the bathtub and gave me a bath. That was a horrible experience. I actually tried to fight him when he took my shorts off. He couldn't figure out what my problem was.

My dad and brother never really cared about being naked around me. That totally changed after I transitioned. Now if they are getting out of the shower they make sure to have a towel securely around them. But about a year ago my brother was walking to his room after showering and his towel fell off and I got a full view of him naked. It took like 3 days for my sight to come back.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Allison S

Now when im properly groomed i dont have a problem with my own nakedness. Growing up i shared a bed at somepoint with my brother for like a year. We always shared a room and I would always change in the bathroom. College was the same with my male roommate but sometimes i got lazy.

I never changed (fully) in the boys locker room growing up. I actually had weird experiences like everyone where i had my butt grabbed and i was winked at. I would always wear shorts under my pants for gym or I would quickly change when no one was around.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
  •  

Toni

Being pre-op (only for another 90 days!) I'm sort of in between, not man, not woman, and yet both as I have real boobs.  Being rather lightly built, they are clearly breasts and nothing else.  At this point I would be uncomfortable undressing with either gender, so I avoid it.  After I'm all girl, I won't be the least bit bashful about being with my own true gender as there's nothing "sexual" about it for me.  I've seen girls and boys bodies and they're all different and I like mine so I won't be making clinical observations of others.  Not sure about how I'd feel about getting naked with a mixed group if it included old friends.  Otherwise I wouldn't care with strangers.  I've spent plenty of time in Europe where saunas are all naked for everyone and you can always tell Americans because they enter wearing a bathing suit and as soon as they get the drift of things leave shortly thereafter.  Never was a problem for me.  Toni
  •  

HappyMoni

When I get my boobs, I'm going naked in the locker room, down the street, in city hall. I'll probably wear signs saying "Look at me!" I am kidding of course, but it would be nice to finally be proud of what I have rather than the hiding I did when I had the boy parts.
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Kendra

Quote from: HappyMoni on November 19, 2017, 11:02:51 AM
> When I get my boobs, I'm going naked in the locker room, down the street, in city hall

Let me know when you do that, I'll record for YouTube (YouBoob?).  For posterity.  ;)

I was never very comfortable in locker rooms or with nudity at home with family around when I was younger, or now.  But when I'm in Japan I have been fine going to public ofuro (bath) which are segregated by gender.  In the past I have visited Japan with my parents, ofuro with my dad.  I will be visiting Japan with my parents in April, if my GRS has adequately healed after 3-1/2 months I'll go to an ofuro with my mom. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Jin

No problem. I was raised in a nudist family and am totally comfortable being naked anywhere with anyone.
What you see is what you get. Body acceptance leads to mental health.
I am more concerned about my belly bulge than anything else!
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam.
-- Popeye

A wise person can learn more from fools than a fool can learn from a wise person.
  •  

Lyric

Quote from: HappyMoni on November 19, 2017, 11:02:51 AM
When I get my boobs, I'm going naked in the locker room, down the street, in city hall. I'll probably wear signs saying "Look at me!"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks! I needed a good laugh. Heck, I might do the same thing. Why have a pair if you're going to cover them up all the time? I might wait until Fantasy Fest in Key West, though, where nearly everybody does that.

As for the family question, I don't think anybody in my fam has seen my parts since I was eight or nine. I suppose this sort of thing varies with one's culture or family customs, but in my part of the world people mostly keep their parts private.

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life." - Steve Jobs
  •