Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Sounds stupid, but if I'm still a minor and growing, what will T do to my bones?

Started by ShortMan339, December 22, 2017, 02:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShortMan339

I'm getting on hrt soon, I hope, and I've looked into it so deeply, I'm optimistic for testosterone. The one thing however I'm still a little confused about is will T do anything to my bone structure? I'm 5 ft, I'm really short, hense my name, I'm supposed to be 15 but my height says otherwise. On top of that, i have hips. Im not thick, not in the sense of girls, but for a guy, i got some assets. I wear shorts to hide that but they definitely don't flatter my height. I'm still having changes in my body, and I was wondering if T would halt my hip growth, or do any thing for my shoulders since im still growing, or will my bones remain the same? I know im supposed to grow some more, but im curious as to what's gonna happen? I know my hips aren't gonna magically shrink, but I'm just, confused about my bones.
  •  

Elis

Firstly congrats on starting T :)

For most people their growth plates don't start fusing together until they hit 18. So you have a very good chance of growing some more and catching up; depending on if genetics are on your side (how tall the men are in your family). Hip growth will stop; however not sure if T would cause your hips to become narrower.  Shoulders will get broader. Again depending on genetics by how much.
They/them pronouns preferred.

•  

Dani

I am assuming FTM.

What you have on your hips are bone, muscle, fat and skin. The interior of your pelvis (colon and reproductive organs)is not really an issue at this time.  The bone will stop widening with the testosterone. The skin usually does not need to be reduced unless you are very wide right now. You need to build your muscle and reduce the fat around your hips. You really need to get into a strong diet and exercise routine that will reshape your hips. The single most important thing to do is aerobic exercise to reduce your hips. Athletic women are not known for their over sized booty.
  •