Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Anchovies on your pizza?

Started by Megan., November 28, 2017, 03:48:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megan.

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on November 28, 2017, 12:15:47 PM
You can have your English boiled pizza with fish, and your Australian Drop Bear Droppings pie. New York is the place where pizza standards are set, and I have New Yorkers in the neighborhood to make pie for me.
Oooo,  I'm a deep dish girl... I dream of Chicago.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Megan. on November 28, 2017, 12:41:32 PM
Oooo,  I'm a deep dish girl... I dream of Chicago.

Deep dish is the best. I don't even like thin crust pizza. My grandma makes pizza a lot. Since I totally love radishes she put radish slices on a pizza she made. That was sweet...but NO,NO! Roasted radishes are not good!
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

V M

Thick crust pizza?  :icon_blah:  Just call it what it is, cake with ketchup on it

Now I know something fishy is going on here  :eusa_think:
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Siobhan Amanda

Hell YES! But then I have them on raw veggies with yogurt and chilli paste for breakfast 😊
"You only live twice"
  •  

Sinead

Not for me. Saying that, I like pineapple on my pizza, so I wouldn't trust my opinion :laugh:
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Sinead on November 28, 2017, 04:18:39 PM
Not for me. Saying that, I like pineapple on my pizza, so I wouldn't trust my opinion :laugh:

So do I. The first time I encountered a pizza with pineapple I thought it would be nasty. But it's actually really good. The pineapple goes very well with the cheese and other toppings.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Siobhan Amanda

Thinking about this ,The base is without doubt the most important thing with pizza. Make a good base, maybe sourdough, long fermentation or whatever, if it's good it'll be good with just salt, olive oil and rosemary or a small amount of blended fresh tomatoes. I'd keep the anchovies on the side or for next days breakie...However if the base is one of those ghostly white pin pricked things from the frozen section of our corner shop I'd be burying it in everything I had in the cupboard and possibly the fridge too.
"You only live twice"
  •  

big kim

Thick crust pizzas with pineapples? The barbarians are here, bolt the doors
  •  

sarah1972

One of the best crusts I have had was with spelt flour. Just adds some awesome additional flavor to the mix [emoji106] handmade at home...

•  

Colleen_definitely

I do love anchovies on pizza now and again.  I especially love them in Caesar salads.

That said, I had one of those "I need everything super salty because spiro" moments and ordered a breakfast pizza with anchovies.  It was amazing. 
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Eevee

Anchovies may not be my favorite pizza topping, but they are still at least in the top 5.

Eevee

Because its genetic makeup is irregular, it quickly changes its form due to a variety of causes.

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Sinead on November 28, 2017, 04:18:39 PM

I'm with you there Sinead. There, I said it. I'm out and I'm proud!

Steph

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

RobynD

I much prefer them in Caesar salad dressing but yeah i'd eat them on pizza too. New York Style.

•  

Laurie

Chicago style with marinara sauce, pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms and extra cheese. This is the ONLY great pizza.

Anchovies, pineapple, thin cracker crusts, and any sauce other than a marinara sauce DOES NOT BELONG ON  PIZZA!   I have spoken.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

V M

This thread inspired me

So I invited a friend over and made a pizza New York style thin crust with Canadian bacon, Italian dry salami, pineapple, mushrooms, onions, olives, Gorgonzola cheese, Feta cheese, mozzarella, Parmesan, Romano and Asiago cheeses 

Yes, a bit of heaven in every bite and I'm pretty sure I could hear it saying "Eat me"

But sorry, no anchovies
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: V M on November 29, 2017, 12:34:57 AM
This thread inspired me

So I invited a friend over and made a pizza New York style thin crust with Canadian bacon, Italian dry salami, pineapple, mushrooms, onions, olives, Gorgonzola cheese, Feta cheese, mozzarella, Parmesan, Romano and Asiago cheeses 

Yes, a bit of heaven in every bite and I'm pretty sure I could hear it saying "Eat me"

But sorry, no anchovies

Ooo,  I'll take one to go,  minus the mushrooms and pineapple!

•  

TonyaW

Quote from: Julia1996 on November 28, 2017, 08:25:49 AM
What's with all the anchovy haters? ? Lol. Anchovies and mushrooms on a pizza is awesome. Any kind of BBQ on pizza is what's nasty.
Julia, I don't believe that you and I could ever share a pizza.

Those are two things I would never put on a pizza. 

BBQ chicken and pulled pork are
Pretty  decent toppings, for a couple slices at least. 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: TonyaW on November 29, 2017, 02:21:38 AM
Julia, I don't believe that you and I could ever share a pizza.

Those are two things I would never put on a pizza. 

BBQ chicken and pulled pork are
Pretty  decent toppings, for a couple slices at least. 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Lol, no I don't think we could. BBQ on pizza is icky! The only worse thing than BBQ on pizza is chicken on a pizza. Ewwwww
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Laurie

There used to be a pizza place in Sisters Oregon that made the absolute best pizza in Oregon. Whenever I could I would order a large and a small pepperoni, sausage, mushroom and extra cheese to go. They did not deliver but even if they did I doubt they would deliver to my home over 150 miles away. I would eat the small one on my way home and have more of the large one after getting home. It was soooooo good. They put herbs in the crust and used lots of the best pepperoni I have ever tasted. Everything was great about their pizzas and calzones.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

big kim

There's some bizarre fusion pizzas in Blackpool, green Thai chicken curry pizza anyone? Kebab meat pizza, and for the true Philistine battered pizza
  •