Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Veteran MTF Questions???

Started by Ashley_wolf, November 30, 2017, 04:13:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artesia

Quote from: Laurie on December 02, 2017, 12:59:47 PM
  I verified the official name change obstacles just this last week. It requires 2 legal documents showing your new name and a form filled out to get a change made in the system. They also will not change my VA ID picture until then. Here in Portland they don't even have a mechanism for adding a preferred name or gender to the system. The only way I've gotten the to call for me by Laurie is to have it noted on their working paperwork when I check in at an appointment. I cannot do this for every appointment I have as not all use paperwork for the appointments. Some are strictly computerized, so those still come out and holler for Mr W.  or Leonard W.

I think the Chicago VA system is one of the first to implement the preferred name system.  I guess they're trying to work out all the bugs.  There seem to be a bunch.  The intake paperwork had the preferred name section on it, thus far it hasn't really worked out.  But I'm a patient woman.  Most of my doctors use my preferred name, or just call me by last name only.  As to the legal changing of the name...I'll have to wait until the end of February for my court date to even begin that process.
All the worlds a joke, and the people, merely punchlines

September 13, 2016 HRT start date
  •  

StacyRenee

Quote from: Harley Quinn on December 01, 2017, 10:23:09 AM
They justify the orchie by reducing the high levels of estrogen, which they deem a "risk".
I was just told that the VA will not do any surgeries unless it's medically necessary. Like cancer or liver/kidney damage.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

•  

AprilRyan

I'm transitioning through the Reno VA and they have been very helpful and supportive. Dealing with trans issues is still relatively new to them and they're trying to get a more comprehensive system in place right now, but they've covered hormones (completely free! yay disability rating!!) and therapy pretty well for me. They even have a trans group that i'm a part of that meets there. They are also currently helping me with all the name/gender change stuff both in the VA system and everywhere else, and they always call me by my preferred name and gender even though it's not legally changed yet. I also think there is a good chance that I can justify orchi through them due to my higher risk of clotting.

•  

Rae anne

Thanks Devlyn Marie for the telling us about VA Directive 2013-003, that was just the push I needed. I go to a clinic in Northwest Pa. so I don't have high hopes but I'm going to try.
  •  

Mountain Warfare Girl

Hey girl, I'm in the fire arms industry myself and am going to be going threw the same stuff soon I have no trans friends here where I am we should talk.
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Rae anne on December 26, 2017, 06:30:19 AM
Thanks Devlyn Marie for the telling us about VA Directive 2013-003, that was just the push I needed. I go to a clinic in Northwest Pa. so I don't have high hopes but I'm going to try.

Big hug! Off you go, then!  :)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •