Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Do you ever cross-dress just to prove a point?

Started by Pogotractor, August 12, 2017, 10:33:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pogotractor

Please do not read further if the subject is sensitive. I would hate to make someone feel bad.

Somehow I find cross-dressing really therapeutic. I have some womens' clothes from my past. I threw most away but these are some props for my projects or something I used in some important occasions and wanted to save.

I have hit that awkward point where I don't pass as a male completely (although 85% read me as such after the confusion. My voice, body shape and my hand hair pass but my face and small size are the problem) and I don't pass as a female either. I feel strangely better if I put on some womens' clothes because I look very masculine in them. My regular clothes are very saggy and make my look very small but the old clothes show my shouders and the more masculine body shape. And my freakin muscles I have worked for! And all that body hair. The difference is so clear. I even went to a gay bar in my female clothing (because I was a mess one night) and was read as some prankster who put on a dress. I had fun.

I do this sometimes because I can't pass as a female if I cross dress. That feels good to me.
  •  

Julia1996

Well have you considered making a effort to pass as a female? I assume that's what you want.
Julia
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Kendra

If I wanted to prove a point I wouldn't dress in anything at all.  ;)

I am MTF but can relate to some of what you said - I don't always pass.  I am not full time yet, so I don't think of it as cross-dressing when I go to the office in my birth-gender mode.  I accidentally passed that way twice.  It was pretty funny - both cases involved a restroom and the other person thought they had stepped into the wrong one.  But what I perceive lately when I am wearing the clothing I'm about to get rid of is the discomfort most people have with androgynous gender appearance.  I just started HRT so that isn't a visible factor yet, other than several people have commented my facial expression changed and I believe them.  I did solve my face/body hair issues completely before starting HRT, but more important I think is my mindset lately.  Unlike my past I no longer ogle people in my destination gender - I carefully and discreetly study them.

If something feels good and doesn't have any negative long term impact there's your answer.  Clothing is driven by culture, and culture is formed and influenced by individual actions.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Pogotractor

Julia, as an FTM I prefer to pass as male but I feel good when I notice that I really can't pass as a female without some serious efford (unless I actually wear male clothing).

Kendra, if that's you in your profile picture it's no wonder why you can't always pass as a male. You look very feminine and soft. Your HRT might be more visible than you think.

And yes, me being a hairy dude in a dress isn't hurting anybody. It's just ridiculous that the more masculine clothes I wear the less I pass as a man. In womens' clothes the slight moustache, receding hairline and the body hair suddenly becomes more apparent to people. It's like magic. If I wear mens clothes people just seem to notice the small hands and feet, petite body size and my face.

When I went out in a dress there was one young guy who thought I was a girl. He was very drunk and started bashing me. He thought I was ugly. He was very confused when I started laughing and never stopped. I just asked him to tell me more about my ugliness and laughed my ass of. I still laugh when I think about it. Then his friends game to get him (whispering wildly to his ear. I know why. I never bothered to make my voice more feminine) and I never saw them again. God. In my past I used to be quite fine looking and I hated attention. Now I am ok to to be bashed for looking like a gorilla in a dress. Life is funny. And I never thought I would love body hair, muscle and balding this much. And I do hate that kind if guys. No matter what you think about a lady she still is a lady and deserves respect. I was not a lady but he thought I was so he and people like him are trash.
  •  

Janes Groove

What you're describing is what I would call "female fail."

Similar to "male fail." Something that many mtf transsexuals strive to achieve.
  •  

Kendra

Quote from: Pogotractor on August 12, 2017, 01:15:33 PM
> Kendra, if that's you in your profile picture it's no wonder why you can't always pass as a male. You look very feminine and soft. Your HRT might be more visible than you think.
Yep that's me in my profile picture, a few months ago before HRT and with very little makeup - just eyes and lips.  (And thank you).  But I did things in an unusual order - this photo is after a huge amount of electrolysis, Bellafill, eyelid surgery, and a micro-needling skin procedure.  I started HRT less than three weeks ago.

Your comments on going full-circle to pass are interesting.  I'm getting the impression you have occasionally done this with a sense of humor to mess with people.  Mine have been accidental due to being part time for now, but I did find the accidents amusing - the other person was embarrassed and I wasn't.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Harley Quinn

It kind of sounds like you just need a tailor. Getting your clothes fitted would help a lot.

I know what you're talking about though. I still wear my men's clothes, and when I do it just doesn't look right.  However, it's almost better than a tape measure to see how far you've come. It motivates me as well, when I feel a little blue... and saves my good clothes from getting trashed from manual labor.
At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)
  •  

meatwagon

i haven't had any treatment (no hormones, surgery, nothing) so i don't pass in any way... but i still ended up doing this--only in the privacy of home with no one else around, that is--for similar therapeutic reasons.  it was sort of a kiss-off to the "female me".  i feel like making a point of trying to appear female made me look less female.  like it becomes obvious that these things aren't who i am, so it has the desired visual effect.  i'd never dream of going out like that, but man, i thought i was the only one who ever did this.  it was kinda comforting to look at the photos and see a guy in girls' clothes as opposed to a girl in guys' clothes for once.
  •  

PurpleWolf

Quote from: Pogotractor on August 12, 2017, 10:33:41 AM
Please do not read further if the subject is sensitive. I would hate to make someone feel bad.

Somehow I find cross-dressing really therapeutic. I have some womens' clothes from my past. I threw most away but these are some props for my projects or something I used in some important occasions and wanted to save.

I have hit that awkward point where I don't pass as a male completely (although 85% read me as such after the confusion. My voice, body shape and my hand hair pass but my face and small size are the problem) and I don't pass as a female either. I feel strangely better if I put on some womens' clothes because I look very masculine in them. My regular clothes are very saggy and make my look very small but the old clothes show my shouders and the more masculine body shape. And my freakin muscles I have worked for! And all that body hair. The difference is so clear. I even went to a gay bar in my female clothing (because I was a mess one night) and was read as some prankster who put on a dress. I had fun.

I do this sometimes because I can't pass as a female if I cross dress. That feels good to me.

Sounds so funny  ;D!!! Never thought of that but maybe I should try  >:-)! At least you definitely proved a point that way! I'm sure I'd look absolutely hideous in female clothes!!!

Btw have you ever considered ordering Asian clothes?? Men's clothes? They should work wonders on a small frame!!!
!!!REBIRTH=legal name change on Feb 16th 2018!!!
This is where life begins for me. It's a miracle I finally got it done.

My body is the home of my soul; not the other way around.

I'm more than anything an individual; I'm too complex to be put in any box.

- A social butterfly not living in social isolation anymore  ;D -
(Highly approachable but difficult to grasp)

The past is overrated - why stick with it when you are able to recreate yourself every day
  •