Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

A totally awesome day

Started by krobinson103, November 30, 2017, 10:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: krobinson103 on February 15, 2018, 10:03:03 PM
Had a great day at work and in the community today. I went with a blouse I purchased 3 months back. At the time it just looked silly. Now it fits nicely and there is actually a bit of cleavage to work with it. :) Lots of positive comments, no negatives. Still get people calling me 'he' which is annoying, but to be fair at work I don't try very hard in terms of voice and shaving more than once in the morning. so I suppose its fair.

The last time I wore that I was terrified. Now? Its no different to a t shirt, though having visible cleavage is somewhat distracting and something I definitely am not used to!

Kelly,

That is great that you are getting more comfortable with wearing and are fitting better into your new clothes.  I think you are right about not being too bothered by the pronoun usage considering what you said you did over time.  Things will get better over time with this issue of how you are being addressed.  Have another great day!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

krobinson103

Pride parade! Totally amazing to see 1000's of people all who are LGBT out there showing some solidarity. We even had the prime minster there leading the show. Family joined me there and I think its really shown my wife that there are many, many other people other than me out there. Not sure what it will do, but She is deep in thought tonight so I Hope it shows her that there is light at the end of the tunnel. It was quite nice being one of many and thus just part of the crowd again. Its been a while since I've felt that.

Meanwhile, I'm totally going to join the parade next year. Bring it on...
Every day is a totally awesome day
Every day provides opportunities and challenges
Every challenge leads to an opportunity
Every fear faced leads to one more strength
Every strength leads to greater success
Success leads to self esteem
Self Esteem leads to happiness.
Cherish every day.
  •  

Cassi

Optimus Prime was there?  Wow.  Knew Opi was a transformer but not a transister :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

krobinson103

Quote from: Cassi on February 17, 2018, 06:26:09 PM
Optimus Prime was there?  Wow.  Knew Opi was a transformer but not a transister :)

lol no robots there. But, its the first time the leader of our country has actually joined a pride parade. This is significant.
Cherish every day.
  •  

krobinson103

Well today was an.. interesting day. There is one place - a Korean Church that knows nothing on my transition. Today we had to go for a special occasion. So, to keep the peace I went and put on some (yuck) old clothes. Thing is its very traditional and they insist on male/female division during eating etc. So there I am sitting there with all the men having to pretend to be who I used to be and want to forget. Then people start asking questions... you've lost weight, you aren't eating much, is that nail polish? It was just a matter of time before someone commented on breasts.... So I made an exit and just waited somewhere else until they finished.

Going to have to have a chat with my wife on this one, because the last time I ever do that. I can't stand it, and its not me. If we go there again, traditional or not I'm not pretending to be something I'm not.
Cherish every day.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: krobinson103 on February 18, 2018, 02:01:03 AM
Well today was an.. interesting day. There is one place - a Korean Church that knows nothing on my transition. Today we had to go for a special occasion. So, to keep the peace I went and put on some (yuck) old clothes. Thing is its very traditional and they insist on male/female division during eating etc. So there I am sitting there with all the men having to pretend to be who I used to be and want to forget. Then people start asking questions... you've lost weight, you aren't eating much, is that nail polish? It was just a matter of time before someone commented on breasts.... So I made an exit and just waited somewhere else until they finished.

Going to have to have a chat with my wife on this one, because the last time I ever do that. I can't stand it, and its not me. If we go there again, traditional or not I'm not pretending to be something I'm not.

@ krobinson103:  That was surely an uncomfortable experience that I am certain that you do not want to repeat.
I have been following your recent postings and I am aware of the difficulties that you have been having with your transitional life and your home situation but it sounds to me that all of that is coming to a head very soon.  I know this is a very difficult situation for you ....   always count to ten before you make any grand relationship changing declarations...
Wishing you good luck with all of this and hoping that you find a good solution that ideally still includes your family.  Please continue to keep us posted with your updates.
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

krobinson103

Quote from: Aspiringperson on February 18, 2018, 07:57:22 AM
@ krobinson103:  That was surely an uncomfortable experience that I am certain that you do not want to repeat.
I have been following your recent postings and I am aware of the difficulties that you have been having with your transitional life and your home situation but it sounds to me that all of that is coming to a head very soon.  I know this is a very difficult situation for you ....   always count to ten before you make any grand relationship changing declarations...
Wishing you good luck with all of this and hoping that you find a good solution that ideally still includes your family.  Please continue to keep us posted with your updates.

I had a chat with my wife last night. She agreed that its better that they know, so if we go there again (I try and avoid the place anyway) I'll have a chat to the priest and explain the situation.

On more positive matters I purchased a colour pallete and used it for the first time today to highlight, lip colour etc this morning. The new concealer / foundation does a good job of looking natural and reducing beard shadow to the point that I have to look for it. Also added some push up bras to my collection and I like the look. :) So far all good feedback, and its working well to reduce the irritation from yesterday. Just make sure I clean stuff up when I get home so She doesn't get too triggered. I still hate having to tuck into my shell at home, but in the long term things are going forward and that should be enough for now. Patience is after all, a virtue.

And... the best thing as of today I lost 5.6kg for this month! At this rate my goal is in sight for the end of next month.
Cherish every day.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Kelly,

Talking is often helpful, at least to some degree.  It appears you have some agreement there at least about future visits to that church.

Good going on your weight loss.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Northern Star Girl

snipped: 
Quote from: krobinson103 on February 18, 2018, 03:22:42 PM
And... the best thing as of today I lost 5.6kg for this month! At this rate my goal is in sight for the end of next month.

@krobinson103:  Well, that is terrific, lots of self control and to lose that much weight in a month.... good for you.
Once you get close to your goal... a full body shot picture would be nice to see if you would want to post it. 
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

krobinson103

Quote from: Aspiringperson on February 18, 2018, 03:54:44 PM
snipped: 
@krobinson103:  Well, that is terrific, lots of self control and to lose that much weight in a month.... good for you.
Once you get close to your goal... a full body shot picture would be nice to see if you would want to post it.

When I hit 95kg. Still a few bits around the middle I dislike... :) I may revise the target down a bit at that point but I think thats probably optimal for curves and health.
Cherish every day.
  •  

Laurie

You will get used to it Kelly. It sounds as though you are doing okay and becoming more comfortable with who you are. I agree next year you are in the parade. This year you got a by. Not happening next year. If I can be in my first you can be in your second. Keep up the progress, Hun.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

krobinson103

Wow. In a month my breasts have grown to the point that they are actually as large bare as they were with a lightly padded bra. :) 46 bust - 41 frame - 38 waist -  44 hips today. Hips are still somewhat narrow, but... there is still a six inch difference from the waist and you can totally see it. yay! Also still dropping weight. Overall measurements all over are down another 1/2 inch with growth in the bust so I'm not losing any fat there. Size 16 is starting to feel a bit large, with luck I might manage a 14 soon of the legs are long enough. Things are becoming a bit more obvious - did I mention estrogen is a miracle drug?

Today is a VERY good day. If it wasn't for the shortish hair and the leftover shadow I don't see a man anymore. Guess I better learn to do something about the voice now.
Cherish every day.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: krobinson103 on February 19, 2018, 12:54:50 PM
Wow. In a month my breasts have grown to the point that they are actually as large bare as they were with a lightly padded bra. :) 46 bust - 41 frame - 38 waist -  44 hips today. Hips are still somewhat narrow, but... there is still a six inch difference from the waist and you can totally see it. yay! Also still dropping weight. Overall measurements all over are down another 1/2 inch with growth in the bust so I'm not losing any fat there. Size 16 is starting to feel a bit large, with luck I might manage a 14 soon of the legs are long enough. Things are becoming a bit more obvious - did I mention estrogen is a miracle drug?

Today is a VERY good day. If it wasn't for the shortish hair and the leftover shadow I don't see a man anymore. Guess I better learn to do something about the voice now.

Kelly,

Wow!  That is terrific!

Chrissy
  •  

bobbisue

Kelly congrats on your progress I am in a somewhat similar position with my wife she is trying but I am not sure she is going to be able to stay the course with me  you are right starting on your voice is a great idea it is one of the hardest things to change and it takes a long time I wish you the best

bobbisue :)
[ gotta be me everyone else is taken ]
started HRT june 16 2017              
Out to all my family Oct 21 2017 no rejections
Fulltime Dec 9 2017 ahead of schedule
First pass Dec 11 2017
  •  

krobinson103

Another victory. The beard hair and shadow has stayed suppressed all day and I'll get home without having to shave or play with makeup. Think its a combo of e slowing growth and my little laser reducing the density enough that foundation and a very small amount of concealer hide it - ALL DAY! :)

Everything is falling into place. I love it when plans go right...
Cherish every day.
  •  

krobinson103

Quote from: bobbisue on February 19, 2018, 05:06:56 PM
     Kelly congrats on your progress I am in a somewhat similar position with my wife she is trying but I am not sure she is going to be able to stay the course with me  you are right starting on your voice is a great idea it is one of the hardest things to change and it takes a long time I wish you the best

bobbisue :)

I think I might be on the home stretch for that one. Tension levels are a lot lower. We may be able to at least agree to a cease fire for the 5 years or so we will need to really be ready to live separately. :)
Cherish every day.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: krobinson103 on February 19, 2018, 07:53:24 PM
Another victory. The beard hair and shadow has stayed suppressed all day and I'll get home without having to shave or play with makeup. Think its a combo of e slowing growth and my little laser reducing the density enough that foundation and a very small amount of concealer hide it - ALL DAY! :)

Everything is falling into place. I love it when plans go right...

Kelly,

That is awesome! 

Chrissy
  •  

Laurie

Hi Kelly,

Losing weight, getting a nicer figure, size 16 feeling loose. You are just saying those things to make me jealous and feel bad aren't you? I'm and 18/1x, 202.8lbs. and with an reverse hour glass figure. I worked hard for my beer gut and it's resisted change for 19 year after stopping drinking beer and all other alcohol.
  Admit it you just want to see me cry don't you? loll Congrats on the progress Hun.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

krobinson103

Quote from: Laurie on February 19, 2018, 09:15:53 PM
Hi Kelly,

Losing weight, getting a nicer figure, size 16 feeling loose. You are just saying those things to make me jealous and feel bad aren't you? I'm and 18/1x, 202.8lbs. and with an reverse hour glass figure. I worked hard for my beer gut and it's resisted change for 19 year after stopping drinking beer and all other alcohol.
  Admit it you just want to see me cry don't you? loll Congrats on the progress Hun.

Hugs,
   Laurie

Its the drugs. They make very not hungry. I'm sure you'll get rid of the gut :)
Cherish every day.
  •  

krobinson103

Its funny. When I started on HRT it felt like I was pretending to a women when I went out dressed etc. Now I feel like I'm pretending to be a man if I have the unfortunate need to go out in Men's clothing. Pretty sure I don't 'pass' as a women, but I sure as heck don't pass as a man either.

I was at the supermarket with my daughter yesterday. After work, makeup up removed, just a t shirt and shorts, no bra and I was waiting in the checkout line. This girl behind me keeps starting. At this point I get stared at more if I wear mens clothing than Womens!

Well my day was just made. Met a new Teacher Aide... and He actually got my pronouns right without prompting. Hooray!
Cherish every day.
  •