Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

All Photobucket images removed from the site

Started by Susan, December 02, 2017, 01:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susan

All photobucket images have been removed from signatures and blocked from displaying in posts (even if you have paid them for the privilege). I will not tolerate spammy images extorting their customers, my poster to pay to display their images on my site.

Posts affected will state [Link Removed] for links, or [Image Removed] for images.

My recommendation is to find another image hosting provider.

Please take note: If your image host displays a large image advertisement when a image is linked to my site, or even when simply not found, they risk all images from that hosting provider being removed or blocked from my site as well.

I am looking at you tinypic...
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

Dani

Does anyone have a recommendation for image hosting? Which sites should we use?
  •  

Julia1996

Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Dena

Drop box is being used by several members however when you capture the link, you need to change the dl=0 or 1 at the end of the link to raw=1 for it to display to everybody.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Faith

I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Lady Sarah

I've tried imgur on my android tablet with poor results. The URL always gets jumbled. If tinypic gets removed, will my avatar go away? If so, you'll just have to remember what I look like.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016
  •  

kelly_aus

Another vote here for Imgur.

I did have some issues a while back with the Android app, but have found the browser version of the site works just fine. I also like that it gives a selection of links, depending on the destination.. It also gives a link straight to the image, without any extra fluff.
  •  

Faith

I don't use the imgur app, I go to the site in the browser and copy out the direct link for the size that I want then use the 'insert image' link on the forum.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

barbie

I have used https://www.flickr.com/ .
There you
1) click the image you want
2) click the download icon
3) Choose the size you want
4) Press the right button of the mouse on the image
5) Choose copy the image address
6) Paste the image address in Susan's posting

barbie~~
Just do it.