Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Star Wars Episode VIII or not to star wars?

Started by Jailyn, December 02, 2017, 06:54:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kylo

I'm amazed Lando wasn't mentioned or going to be in there somewhere somehow, after all Nien Nunb was.

"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Angela Drakken

Quote from: Roll on January 02, 2018, 01:18:08 AM
Yeah, I leaned over to my step brother and said "this better be Lando". ;D

Mostly because this: http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/weekend-update-segment---billy-dee-williams/n11239?snl=1

In the original script it was SUPPOSED to be Lando they met up with in jail, but they decided they didn't want Lando as a character to have become that far gone as to cow down for the empire as soon as they're captured.
  •  

Quinn_Elizabeth

I just felt like the movie was just "okay". It could have been better. Still enjoyable to watch. Apparently because of Carrie's passing they are going to do a time jump and have her die off screen, which is worse to me than actually seeing her die. She deserves more. 😭

-Quinn💖
  •  

Cassi

I'm still reeling from her CGI appearance in the last movie.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Artesia

I actually liked it myself.  Sure there were bad spots, but overall, it was a good movie.
All the worlds a joke, and the people, merely punchlines

September 13, 2016 HRT start date
  •  

Kylo

I'm going to miss Princess Leia. Seeing her in TLJ was a strange experience, after Carrie passed away a year before. It has hit a lot of people since just how iconic her SW character was and always will be, and how unique and endearing a person Carrie was.

RIP.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Kylo on January 23, 2018, 07:28:47 PM
I'm going to miss Princess Leia. Seeing her in TLJ was a strange experience, after Carrie passed away a year before. It has hit a lot of people since just how iconic her SW character was and always will be, and how unique and endearing a person Carrie was.

RIP.

Carrie's daughter had a few spots in the last one.  What was a trip was the CGI of her at the end of the previous one.  "Live Long And Prosper"
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Sarah_P

I teared up when she first appears in the movie.  :'(
--Sarah P

There's a world out there, just waiting
If you only let go what's inside
Live every moment, give it your all, enjoy the ride
- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Sarah_P on January 23, 2018, 08:58:26 PM
I teared up when she first appears in the movie.  :'(

She was like the Princess of All Star Wars and sweet.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Kylo on January 06, 2018, 12:33:09 PM
after all Nien Nunb was.

(I just noticed this from 2 weeks ago when reading the newer posts.)

I saw him standing there and was thinking "Hey, it's Lando's buddy!" Then I wondered if I was being racist against a fictional alien for thinking every individual of what is presumably an entire race is the same person, and it was a different whatever he is. Then I thought of this:

~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Kylo

Nope, it's definitely him but I don't think anyone says his name in the movie
  •  

Angela Drakken

Quote from: Kylo on January 24, 2018, 08:10:06 AM
Nope, it's definitely him but I don't think anyone says his name in the movie

Like most Star Wars aliens he was never named (out loud) in the original trilogy either :3
  •  

Artesia

My Walrus man figure begs to differ....oh.  Ponda Baba has some grunts to say about that, only took them 28 years to get his name right!  Stupid protocol droid and it's faulty translation programming.

All the worlds a joke, and the people, merely punchlines

September 13, 2016 HRT start date
  •  

SashaHyde

Wait there was a recently released Star Wars???
Because I did see a sci fi movie that was atrocious that highly resembled the plot of battle-star galactica but fell short before Christmas.

There isn't enough space in this box for me to type out how bad it was.

LOL

--Sasha
--Sasha  :P
  •