Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Have your cake damn it!

Started by Siobhan Amanda, December 06, 2017, 02:51:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siobhan Amanda

"You can't have your cake and eat it" this I never truly understood as you can't eat what you haven't got either and countless times I'm reminded of this when adventuring to the lesser explored parts of the planet. I love my food as I've stated before and nothing whets my appetite more than thinking back to a previous adventure and my thoughts go back to a harrowing trip five years ago...
I was in my Land Rover travelling down though a remote area of Britain, the poorly little used track was slow going and arduous and possibly cold and wet. I reached a small, what can only be described as settlement pencilled in, barely legible on my crude map called London. I came across several rather quaint dwellings and the indigenous peoples of the area seemed oblivious to my presence. It was then that I noticed my gearbox whine, sure enough within moments I ground to a standstill in a wild looking area marked as Paddington station, presumably some sort of waypoint for travellers in days gone by. It's a serious thing to travel so remote without backup and I was regretting not having charged my Mobile in the vein hope there would be some reception. The likelihood of me being stuck here for some time, possibly even minutes can play tricks on the untrained mind but just like clockwork my training kicked in.Stop,think,Breathe. Ok  what did I have to work with? The door pocket was empty but in prying open the under seat egg container (I'd had installed after my near trip disaster in Australia) I discovered three eggs pristinely shrink wrapped and still intact... it was a start. Gauging the time of day by the suns movement I could see that in fact tea time was fast waning and against all training and common sense I'd have to leave my vehicle to go and forage. After much toil in one of the rather quaint dwellings I found a crude but palatable white powder, something that that resembled a type of milk and a couple of other things that would likely work to keep me i the way I'd come to expect. I headed back and armed with my Swiss army whisk I set about my task. Minutes later I was eating happily the still cooling efforts of my labour as help came over the hill in the form of the trusty RAC unit.
It's not quite the same these days but I found a recipe in the back of women's weekly, called Vicky sponge it's the closest I can get... and it's close enough, it always makes me smile and remember that simple, rustic dish that I experienced years ago and gives one hope that when things get dire and indeed desperate. That just a small piece of forward thinking means that you can "Literally"have your cake and eat it.
Siobhan. (Currently having a day off)
"You only live twice"
  •  

Megan.

You're very lucky to have made it out of such a harrowing situation, and so soon after your last disaster,  how unlucky! This 'sponge' you speak of sounds intriguing.

I know when I head off the edge of the known map to the mystical continent of the 'americas',  I'll only be taking the essentials; including my spice rack and my pestle & mortar.
I've heard tell of wild natives and their pagan god 'Devyln'. I shall attempt to bring them culinary civility.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Siobhan Amanda

Quote from: Megan. on December 06, 2017, 03:20:41 AM
You're very lucky to have made it out of such a harrowing situation, and so soon after your last disaster,  how unlucky! This 'sponge' you speak of sounds intriguing.

I know when I head off the edge of the known map to the mystical continent of the 'americas',  I'll only be taking the essentials; including my spice rack and my pestle & mortar.
I've heard tell of wild natives and their pagan god 'Devyln'. I shall attempt to bring them culinary civility.
Haha! Megan, take at least one  80gm jar of anchovies or you'll regret it.😊

"You only live twice"
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: broage on December 06, 2017, 03:36:30 AM

They are on my person at all times [emoji6]

•  

Siobhan Amanda

Quote from: Megan. on December 06, 2017, 03:43:21 AM
They are on my person at all times [emoji6]

i look forward to hearing all about your adventures! When do you go?
"You only live twice"
  •  

Megan.

I have found passage and a cramped birth on a 'flying boat' that embarks on it's ocean voyage in the month of January. Rations will likely be poor, scurvy being a real concern.
If I return,  I shall surely have many tales to tell!

•  

Siobhan Amanda

Quote from: Megan. on December 06, 2017, 03:54:04 AM
I have found passage and a cramped birth on a 'flying boat' that embarks on it's ocean voyage in the month of January. Rations will likely be poor, scurvy being a real concern.
If I return,  I shall surely have many tales to tell!

flying boat you say? Well you're a braver girl than me! I won't go anywhere without my Landy.. probably need a new one at some stage.
"You only live twice"
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: Megan. on December 06, 2017, 03:20:41 AM

I would suggest a wooden stake, hammer and garlic as basic essentials. Just a thought from far away....
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: Cindy on December 06, 2017, 04:05:56 AM
I would suggest a wooden stake, hammer and garlic as basic essentials. Just a thought from far away....
Haha. I could imagine the TSA conversation [emoji23]

•  

Charlotte F

It strikes me Siobhan that you should probably stick to cooking and knock Land Rover restoration on the head 😜
  •  

Siobhan Amanda

Quote from: Charlotte F on December 06, 2017, 04:38:11 AM
It strikes me Siobhan that you should probably stick to cooking and knock Land Rover restoration on the head 😜
😂 you may be right.
"You only live twice"
  •  

Devlyn

All glory to the pagan Goddess Devlyn!

Concern yourself not with the savages, a little meat or free range tofu left out is enough to quiet them.

We've moved the Mayflower so that the fine crew of your flying boat may berth with ease. The wild lands are ready to receive you, my Queen.
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on December 06, 2017, 06:44:26 AM
All glory to the pagan Goddess Devlyn!

Concern yourself not with the savages, a little meat or free range tofu left out is enough to quiet them.

We've moved the Mayflower so that the fine crew of your flying boat may berth with ease. The wild lands are ready to receive you, my Queen.

Now I have a vision in my mind of herds of wild tofu ranging across the prairie. Any artists here want to have a crack at this?

Careful though, I could get used to 'Queen' Megan the first. All hail! [emoji16]

•  

Gertrude

You haven't gone off track in the states until you hear the banjos and see toothless grins. The words you gotta purty mouth aren't what you want to hear. James Dicky was speaking from experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •  

Devlyn

How do we know that the toothbrush was invented by a hillbilly? If anyone else invented it they would have named it a teethbrush.
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on December 06, 2017, 07:47:11 AM
How do we know that the toothbrush was invented by a hillbilly? If anyone else invented it they would have named it a teethbrush.
[emoji23]

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on December 06, 2017, 07:47:11 AM

Hey, I resemble that remark!

🤣

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •